Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 44 of 103 (1538 items) « First ... < Previous 42 43 44 45 46 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,537 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 10:58 AM

Agnes

I love your quilt top and back.  It is really pretty and the green fabric is awesome.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,613
Points 119,405

Agnes, beautiful! What can I say? I love what you did with the backing.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,613
Points 119,405

Weezee, your flag quilt turned out wonderful. I really like the way you arranged the stars.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 12:16 PM

Nana--Love the color layout on your quilt. Good to see you back as well.

Thanks to those who have commented on my quilt. I  have to say I am very pleased with it. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 253
Points 3,295

This quilt project is beautiful.  My favorite color is green so if you need a resting place for this quilt, keep me in mind.

Barbara

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 253
Points 3,295

This is a great flag pattern.  I love how you quilted it with the stars and waves.  Great job!

Barbara

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 278
Points 4,550

Agnes, your quilt is just gorgeous, and the back as well! I love the colors and pattern. Great job!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 4:55 PM

Agnes, I love the front and back of your quilt. Beautiful color green.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 4:57 PM

weezee, lucky BIL to receive the wall hanging. Love the stars and the quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,363
Points 242,417
Thea replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 5:58 PM

Agnes, I am glad that you got to spend an entire day sewing and pressing.  You made a beautiful quilt and the backing is awesome too.  I spent today again watching my rabbits trying to get them used to me - they don't run from me anymore but I can only get about 20 feet away unless I sneak up on them in the willow... but it is nice to watch them play.  I took some lettuce out for them today and got to watch them munch on it - I was in the sun just a little to long and my arm got a little sunburned... I had bought sun stuff but can I find it... NO... just like everything else.

Have a nice 4th.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 6:06 PM

Thea--I enjoyed seeing your rabbit shots. Around noon today I watched the sea gulls eating some bread cubes, I think, that someone from the building leaves for them. Got a few good shots of them but later while shooting a sailboat on the bay a gull flew over and I am impressed with the shot I got. 

Not a full afternoon sewing today but about 3 hours. I am now working on Dashing Through the Snow. For over a day I have mulled over what I did for the backing. Just not happy with it so I must rip and basically just piece three pieces, no design or insert on this. I also finished the top and where I thought I might have to, I will be adding more applique. So probably won't get to layering stage tomorrow, but hopefully on Sunday,

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435

The quilting is going slow on the graduation quilts.  I am finishing last border on first quilt tonight - just 3 feet to go but back and arms wouldn't let me finish.  I used 3 bobbins of thread at this session - usually just last through one.  This is the longest I have been able to sit at the machine in quite a while.  Usually I just work about 20 to 30 min. then rest. I had therapy on Wed. and have been a little sore, as usual, but much better tonight.  Therapy will help me with the stamina I need to spend more time at the machine.  I will get binding on tomorrow and have have the hand work on the binding to do while resting.  This quilt took much longer than I expected, but I finally decided to outline all the flowers, butterflies, bees, lady bugs, and dragonflies.  One daughter didn't like a block which is ready for another quilt - said it looked to "flat".  When she saw the same block finished in this quilt her eyes bugged out!  She loved it after the outline quilting - it made the butterflies look so real.  

This quilt was good for me to get practice on all types of quilting and will help me with the other quilts.  They will go much faster.  Another graduation party tomorrow, but no quilt needed for this one.  He is a neighbor boy who graduated last Friday with the rest of them.  I would like to give him a quilt, but I think 6 will be enough to do me in!!!  Got 2 backings washed today and ready to iron.  The next one doesn't even have to be pieced - I actually bought a wide backing for it.  This one is needed on the 12th.  I think I can get it done in time. I will take pictures as i get them finished and washed.

Only will have one day spoiled this week with a Dr's appt. and one or two days in the truck.  That is hand quilting time - binding this week.  The quilt will be done more quickly because I think I may do an allover stippling or swirl.  There are no flowers or other pattern to tempt me with outlining.  I am getting used to the new machine and my quilting stitches are getting more even.  My curves are a little "choppy" but getting a little better.  The thread was very hard to see on the quilt I am finishing so what I was quilting was very hard to see and I crossed lines quite often.  Of course, no-one will notice the mistakes too much either.

Fireworks are just starting around here.  We can't see them from this hollow , so I'll just finish the quilt border then go to bed.  I could drive up one of the hills surrounding us to see them, but I am too tired for that tonight.  The upper part of the farm is a good place to look down over the hills to see the fireworks.  

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,363
Points 242,417
Thea replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 9:31 PM

Marsha - you are such an inspiration to me.  I finished the buttonhole stitch on a small circular table cloth I am making - it isn't that big at all and has thread spools that go around it with different pieces of fabric to symbolize the different colored thread - I just need to quilt it - I did the sewing the pieces right sides together with the binding and turned right side out... so no binding - but I think a cute sewing machine quilted in the middle area will look really neat - I have to draw one out tomorrow as was too tired tonight to go looking for a picture of one... I then cut out the fabric for another purse - got the kit on sale from Connecting threads and thought a nice quick project... starting Monday am going to set the machine up for quilting and do the 4 quilts I have ready - only 1 large one - then 2 twin size and the halloween throw/wall hanging.  

So my plans are set - along with sitting outside reading while the rabbits get used to me - they don't run when I come out now so that is cool... I am doing some Bible study reading... and we have to get the area cleaned up where we had the cat pen - the new rototiller will arrive on Tues  - so need that area all cleaned up - DH had lots of junk there... I started a little of it tonight but there is a lot more to get out of there... I want that area and the other side tilled and new grass seed put down so that it makes the backyard look nice for the selling of the house... I ordered some more grass seed and fertilizer... hoping that they work... 

So much to do...

Agnes, I can't wait to see your gull picture - you left me in suspense.  I think it is so much fun to take pictures... I have turned my grand kids on to taking them - I let them use my camera - DS was stunned but I told him I used to let him use my camera when he was young... I just make sure they have the strap around their necks and it is so much fun to watch them and look at the # of pictures you get of feet...teehee... but sometimes they catch that great picture... maybe I'll get a photographer out of one of them... who knows but I hope it helps them to open up the artistic side of their psychees(sp)...

Well, it is time for bed for me tonight!  Tomorrow morning comes quickly and i have a lot scheduled to get done - the sun is so healing... I do so good in the summer... love it!  Have a pleasant night all!  Can't wait to see what eye candy is here tomorrow!  There was a really nice quilt today(Agnes)...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Agnes & Weezee nice work. Hope everyone had a nice fourth. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,680

Nana, I'm glad to see you posting here again. I have missed you. Love your quilts. The faux cathedral window is beautiful. To everyone else, great work. I love seeing everyone's quilts. I was going to quilt tonight but my grand kids showed up so we watched movies instead.

Page 44 of 103 (1538 items) « First ... < Previous 42 43 44 45 46 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use