Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 43 of 137 (2041 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,040 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:03 PM

Nana, so nice to see you here again, your quilt is beautiful.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:32 PM

Thanks Weezee.  It is nice to reconnect with my friends.  Looks like everyone has been really busy with their quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Nana.  Wow the quilt is gorgeous. PS  I sent you a friend request

Going to take a break today.  My back is killing me from handling the full size quilt on my small machine.  I really wish I had a longarm.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 8:05 PM

Got my Labyrinth cut out.....

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 10:05 PM

Great job getting it all cut out - that is how I work too.

I finished the small wall hanging for Halloween - the top that is and have decided that it will become a table cloth to go with the pot holders at Halloween time...

I finished it last night - today no sewing at all but I was out in my backyard taking pictures...if you are on my facebook page the story is told there in pictures - I am going to share a couple here.  We own a few cats... and a dog right now - I used to raise white german shepherds but right now we just have one... Anyway, our cats are always bringing presents into us... over the months this spring they have brought in (all live and well) a robin, 3 baby rabbits and just the other day a blue jay... so today I was out by the wood pile - this is in the back corner of our lot where we pile the branches that fall from the numerous trees on our land... I put the baby rabbits back there when I finally caught them in the house... today I was out taking pictures of them...

I got a couple that I absoluely love and want to share with all of you...

I put carrots back there for the rabbits and caught this one with the carrot in his mouth  - DH was so pleased with me as he said it is very hard to catch the rabbit with a carrot like this in its mouth...

I caught this same guy up on his hind legs - my neighbor had come out of her house and the rabbit stood up and looked towards her house.

this was my favorite though  - the smooching rabbits!

I hope you enjoy these - I posted a story with the rabbit pictures on my facebook page - there are quite a few more pictures and pictures of the robins and blue jays that were watching out for the cats and my dog to warn the rabbits if they came near... the rabbits are very precious - I'll share one more picture here - I was able to get about 5 feet from the rabbit a little later in the day - it was about in the middle of my back yard under our weeping willow tree - it didn't hear me come up so it didn't run but just kind of froze when it saw me as though by not moving I wouldn't be able to see it...

I took one of the Blue Jay that was supposed to warn the rabbit - teehee - it was so cute...

I love taking pictures in my back yard of all the birds and animals that visit us and hope someday to be able to make a quilt of them  - with all the details that I get - this is the best picture I have ever taken of the blue jays... again he was right next to the rabbit and only about 5 feet from me... 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 12:05 AM

Thea nice work on the top.

I love love love the bunny photos.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 5:53 AM

Thea, love the wall hanging. The bunny pictures are so cute, great job on capturing the moment.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 47,530

Nana, so nice to "see" you again. I love your quilt. Is it oversize because it is used more like a bedspread or do you really have an oversize bed? I have a queen bed and made a king quilt and it only covers the mattress, but it is one of those really thick mattresses. It will take a while for me to try another king quilt cuz it was a bear to make. You need to give seminars, LOL. Welcome back!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 291
Points 3,845

Thea,

Happy 4th of July!  I adore your Halloween quilt (tablecloth).  You are so creative and get things done so quickly.  You have truly mastered the fastest ways of putting tops together.

I really appreciated your pictures of the rabbits and jays.  I too am a photographer of the great outdoors.  Out on the ranch, I am always finding fun things to record in pictures.  We have baby buffalo and a new filly right now that present great photo ops.  Thank you so much for sharing.

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 7:45 AM

Thank you for the wonderful comments on my photos - I don't have as much of an opportunity to take pictures of the animals here in OK as I have in the past when it was so much more costly but it is fun to get what I can - I need to start taking some pictures of the sunset here before we move so that I can have picture memories to fall back on after we move.  they are quite spectacular with the dust always in the air.  

Happy 4th to all!  Jay and I are quietly remembering it this year.  the last 2 years we were up north but needed to stay home this year for health and other reasons.  We did watch a spectacular fireworks celebration from the gulf course last night.  we don't have to go anywhere - just go out in our front yard for the view and it was spectacular last night.  the only 4th that I think of that is better was the one with my Dad(whom I miss so much) when he took us out on Lake Ontario to watch the fireworks displays all over the coast of NY from the water.  That was just awesome.

I do thank all those that served with me, before me , and after me for keeping us safe from our enemies.  For keeping us independant and able to speak freely each and every day and to have the ability to worship our God in any manner that we see fit without fear of recrimination.  this is and will always be the best country in the world.  We are wonderful and I am very proud to say I am an American.  Happy 4th USA!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Happy 4th everyone. Thea nice wall hanging. 

Does dreaming about bongarms count as quilting for today. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 10:13 AM

For the first time in years I spent an entire afternoon sewing and pressing. I was working to get this project ready to put away as top and backing and not as pieces. Here is Lightning Strikes Twice, The top on the wall, the back on the bed. I have the tiniest amount of leftover fabric except for some of the green batik which was the object of this top. There are three different color combinations in the top. This was dictated by the amounts of fabric including a couple of triangles and centers pieced to pull it off.

Now I can finish Dashing Through the Snow as part of a July Finish challenge on another forum.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 10:16 AM

Happy 4th everyone. This is a wall hanging I made for my DBIL. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 10:18 AM

Agnes:
Here is Lightning Strikes Twice,
Love your top.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 10:57 AM

Pat

I make them oversize to be able to use them as "bedspreads".   I don't like dust ruffles much.   I do have a king size bed so the quilts tend to be really big.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 43 of 137 (2041 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use