Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 41 of 168 (2517 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,516 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 4,745

Went out for a new piece of fabric for a background on table topper I cut out, and it's now in the wash.... that's it for today, so far. I decided to wait on the background fabric until I had a better feel for the prints and size of the pieces. 

Agnes, you're making me look so bad! I have trouble getting projects started and done... and now you're not only making so many new things, you're re-doing old ones! Good gosh, you are such an industrious lady! I admire your productivity and beautiful work!  :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 20
Jean R replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 4:31 PM

No I thought I would get some inspirations looking at what others are doing today.

I havea lot of 4 -1/2" blocks of many colors and patterns and have it on my wall, been there  for a long time. This quilt is for the homeless in are area, today it's 103* so I think they will not need it tonight it was in the 80's at midnight  lastnight,.

Being a 24/7 caregiver of Hubby it seems there is more to do around the house or I'm just plain tired.  So thought I would just check out the posts and see what you all are doing. 
Thank you for  Quote about your Sunshine. Have a great and safe Holiday.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,338
Points 30,455
Agnes replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 4:44 PM

SpringerMom:
you're re-doing old ones!

Springermom--Thanks. Perhaps I should explain that the redo was because it is a cross stitch picture I did. Cross stitch is in my past. Had that been a panel there would not have been a redo.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 7:54 PM

Carol I think I would ask him to take a pic for you if you are sure he will do it.  I forgot to take a pic of a small wall hanging I sent to my friend last month also.  Love to see it.

Joyce

Maryland

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 8:00 PM

Thea and Agnes your wall hanging's are nice.  I love to see all the quilts.  I finished 2 wall hangings today and yesterday of a crab for the month of July/Aug.  It is cute he is catching a beach ball.  I made myself one and one for my friend in SC.  I hope she likes it.  I sent her flip flop's in June it turned out cute too.  If I say so myself. ha  Can't wait to hear what she says about the crab.  I will try to post a pic.  I haven't mastered that yet.  I can get them on FB but not on QCA for some reason.  It feels good to be finishing something.  I have been sewing with a friend so it is more fun.j

Joyce

Maryland

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 897
Points 14,885

Finally got Memorial Quilt completed for my moms 70th Birthday gift. 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 8:55 AM

dDonna - that is sweet - I like it - you did a awesome job.  I have never seen a memory quilt like this one - But I truly like it!  Glad you have it completed and shared it with us.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 4,745

Donna, your memory quilt is so pretty, turned out very well! Good job!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 4,745

I have a question for you gals... I want to do a square table topper pattern that reminds me of a string quilt block. It calls for 1-1/2" width strips. I have a jellyroll of precut 2-1/2" strips. I can see no reason that I can't use it for this. The top finishes to 29" square with the narrower strips.  In my mind, it will just finish with wider "strings" and be larger in size, about 33" square, using the wider strips. I can't see a downside to doing it. Any thoughts?  Thanks!  

-Unknown

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:56 AM

Mamags, love your memory quilt!! Bright lovely colors!

Springermom, you could cut them to 1 1/2 ... And use the  inch cut off some where else. Me .. I would just make it a little bigger.

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,338
Points 30,455
Agnes replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:27 PM

SpringerMom:

I have a question for you gals... I want to do a square table topper pattern that reminds me of a string quilt block. It calls for 1-1/2" width strips. I have a jellyroll of precut 2-1/2" strips. I can see no reason that I can't use it for this. The top finishes to 29" square with the narrower strips.  In my mind, it will just finish with wider "strings" and be larger in size, about 33" square, using the wider strips. I can't see a downside to doing it. Any thoughts?  Thanks!  

Springermom--In my mind the finished size will be larger than 33" if you follow the pattern but just increase the string width. 1.5 finishes at 1", 2.5 finishes at 2". If you could let us see your pattern there might be ways to keep it smaller. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,856
Points 68,555
Bonita replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:29 PM

Donna, wonderful job. They'll love it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 897
Points 14,885

Thanks everyone.  Its hard to see the details as I have to stand far way to get it all in.  How do you all take a picture of your big quilts?  All I have is my iPhone and it looks so static when its on the quilt wall. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 4,745

Page 14 half

-Unknown

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 4,745

Ok, here's a photo of it, upper left, Gudrun Erla's Tea Time Honey. Hope you can tell what my intent is, just try it with wider strips.An edited after-thought, it doesn't trouble me that it would be larger in size, so no worries about sizing it down. Just was wondering if using the wider strips would be a problem in general. I would of course have to adjust the border and binding.

-Unknown

Page 41 of 168 (2517 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use