Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 33 of 119 (1783 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,782 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:08 AM

Thank you Judy and Spudgrandma

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:47 AM

Donna, you did a great job on the stockings!

Weezee, the quilt is beautiful! The color combo caught my eye.. I don't think I would of thought to use those colors together! I really like it !

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 5:00 AM

Weezee, Beautiful hole in the wall and great color combo.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 3,425

WeeZee

This is gorgeous!  It has a stained glass effect - almost like you could install it into a window frame.  Great job!!

Barbara

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:40 PM

Deb,The colors I used were a light and dark FQ bundles I bought from the same company. I had to add the two blues I used from my stash. They were all shades of pinks and purples. I liked the black better than using white for background or framing, I thought the colors would pop better.

Thank you Deb and Barbara.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 9:28 PM

I finished the June scrappy challenge from another site.

Shoot it 's sideways. Oh well.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 9:44 PM

Bonita, its cute even sideways.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:08 PM

Weezee and Bonita, your quilts are beautiful!

Today i finished the final LUS block, put the last row on the quilt, and have done two sides of the outside sashing/posts.  Now I have to decide on a border style and border fabric.  I'll post a pic after I get the last two sides of sashing on the top...and maybe you can all help me decide on an appropriate border style.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

It's beautiful Bonita, I love scrappy.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 3,425

Bonita

What a great way to use up scraps!  Love love it

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 27 2014 7:31 AM

Bonita - just an awesome job - I love how it all blends together.  Kind of like an I spy qult with all the different fabrics.  You must ahve used a ton of scraps or bought a ton of fat quarters.  I really like the mixture - nothing is really standing out and drawing my eye - it just is drawn all over the place which says this is an awesome mixture... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 27 2014 7:37 AM

Agnes and Springer Mom - why exactly are you washing the bats - do they shrink that much that it bothers you.  If you really want a flat bat I would suggest buying the quilters dream bat and get the request - it is really thin and will leave your quilt or wall hanging very flat without having to prewash - prewashing bats just scares me... I am not sure if you have used Qulter's Dream but the first time I used it was a gift at one of the sponsored retreats from QCA that I went to way long time ago and I was just sold and it is all I use now - I normally use the Select - it is not as thin as request but gives me the look in the quilts that I want - I don't think it has ever shrunk up on me at all but then I don't prewash it to find out.  You can stitch 8" apart on it so that would mean to me little or no shrinkage.  But as I said - buy a bat with request and see if you like it and then you don't have to do that prewashing on the batting and save yourself some time...I would hate to be there watching you pull those battings apart so gently - must take a long time to keep it from tearing... I applaud that you do this though...me I am too lazy to do that I just buy the Quilter's dream... I am not a fan of Hobb's - I don't like those little pills it has in it when you least want them - or the seeds...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 27 2014 7:38 AM

Karla:
Today i finished the final LUS block, put the last row on the quilt, and have done two sides of the outside sashing/posts.  Now I have to decide on a border style and border fabric.  I'll post a pic after I get the last two sides of sashing on the top...and maybe you can all help me decide on an appropriate border style.

Karla, I can't wait to see your LUS, the anticipation has been building as I have read where you finished block after block - it will be awesome - I know but still I want to see it...:)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 801
Points 12,930

WeeZee & Bonita, love the quilts great job.

Even though I had migraines most of the week I managed to get the quilting done and these quilts completed.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,293
Points 29,240
Agnes replied on Fri, Jun 27 2014 1:53 PM

Thea:
I would hate to be there watching you pull those battings apart so gently - must take a long time to keep it from tearing..

One area about six inches square was the only pulling apart I had to do. This was also so close to the edge that it would end up in the cushion form even if it were perfect. One of the reasons I will continue with my batting is my quilting $$ are on a thin BUDGET. Also don't forget I am not in the USA. Any of the Americans visiting Canada go into sticker shock when they see the price we pay for quilting fabrics and supplies. There are very few companies that ship online and deal with the customs, etc that is required. They will ship post in USA but because of brokerage will only ship via UPS or similar firm. Now the $20 order can become $120. Thanks but no thanks. The reason I washed the entire queen size was to see if I could. I can and I may well do it again. I love a good challenge.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 33 of 119 (1783 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use