Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 22 of 69 (1021 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,020 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Kris, your apple cores and the LUS blocks are both WOW. I really love the LUS block.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,250
Points 28,335
Agnes replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 8:55 AM

Elaine Phillips:
Agnes, when I bought my fabric and pattern the shop owner told me it only takes 4 skeins of Cosmos floss. That is what she sold me.

Elaine--Thanks for responding. According to Crabapple Hill Studio it takes 6 SPOOLS or 20 skeins of Cosmo Floss. Yaradage on skeins is the same as Anchor or DMC floss. I used  over 15 skeins on Dashing Through the Snow using two strands. I lost count because I ended up purchasing 18 plus I don't remember how many skeins I had to start with. I only had 3 left when I was done.  Judy replied that the pattern calls for two strands which is what I used in Dashing. Because I am now relying on online shopping I will order 20 skeins of DMC, the line that is carried by a Canadian vendor of Crabapple Hill patterns. I'd sooner have a few too many rather having to pay a second shipping cost. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,250
Points 28,335
Agnes replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 9:03 AM

Elaine Phillips:
I'm really not a teacher. Someone else should be teaching this class.

I firmly believe that I taught much better classes when I was passionate about my topic. Then a little bit of humor would find its way into my talks. If I got a laugh from the group near the beginning I knew they were relaxed and I could then just go on without effort. I never tried to find that laugh life, It had to come naturally to me. Good luck on your presentation.

Kris--The apple core has been on my list forever but have never even attempted it. Love yours. Cute pattern for the LUS block.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 184
Points 2,895
Deb replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 9:51 AM

Kris, love you blocks, so pretty!!

Elaine, hope your teaching goes real good!! 

I got my scrap pile out to down size it! Making all kinds of blocks to put in a topsy - turvy quilt! 

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Agnes:
I will order 20 skeins of DMC,

Good thinking Agnes. I bought 12 skeins and am fast running out. I'm going to stop at Joann's today for more. I'm now trying to figure out sashing fabric. I'm not crazy about the sashing used in the Vintage Tin pattern but don't seem to have anything I like.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Deb, absolutely love your fabrics and blocks for your topsy turvy quilt.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,735
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 11:10 AM

Chloe's quilt is DONE!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Beautiful Jen. Lucky Chloe!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,672
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 11:27 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Kris, your apple cores and the LUS blocks are both WOW. I really love the LUS block.

Thanks Judy. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,232
Points 239,527
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 11:28 AM

Jen - that is so pretty - of course it is my favorite colors - well except the backing...:)  I love it !  Lucky girl!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,232
Points 239,527
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 11:30 AM

Deb, That looks like so much fun!  I hate getting my scraps out... I have to iron and then trim - I was organized with them before Mom moved in... now they are a jumble - someday I'll get them straightened out again.. My last quilts I have only had the batiks from the MR quilts which I keep straightened as they go in to the next MR quilts that I will do... all the rest get sewn together into backings for the quilt I am working on at the time... 

You have fun now!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,672
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 11:31 AM

Agnes:
Kris--The apple core has been on my list forever but have never even attempted it. Love yours.

Thanks Agnes. It had been on my list a while too. Frances' sampler provided the perfect opportunity to try it. I really enjoyed working on it. I still need to add background to make the block the correct size.

Agnes:
Cute pattern for the LUS block.

Thanks. For those who don't know; I'm making mine in hallowe'en instead of civil war fabrics. Check my blog to see my progress.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,232
Points 239,527
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 11:32 AM

Kris, your work is exquisite as usual - is your loyal union sampler going to be all halloween fabrics - if so - very interesting... I like your apple core a block  have looked at but never had the desire to make.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,672
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 11:33 AM

Deb:
Kris, love you blocks, so pretty!!

Thanks Deb.

Deb:
I got my scrap pile out to down size it! Making all kinds of blocks to put in a topsy - turvy quilt! 

Your pile looks really god there. Nice selection.

I need to do a lot more of this myself. I started cutting my scraps into sizes that will be used to make leader/ender quilts a-la Bonnie Hunter but stalled somewhere along the way.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,735
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 11:33 AM

Thanks, Thea and Judy

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Page 22 of 69 (1021 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use