Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 21 of 103 (1533 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,532 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 9:10 AM

Agnes, I love ;your Loon Lake.  Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam are really cute additions.  I love all of your work.  So creative!

Donna, your quilt is coming along.  Just don't overdo.

Thea, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend.  Take care of yourself and rest as much as you can.

Marsha, Love your new machine.  I'm sure you will to.

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.  Love to see pics of everyone's work.  Be so glad when I have the time (and energy) to get back to sewing. 

Oh Thea, almost forgot.  Your Dog Park is awesome.  Just love it. 

Pat A. in KY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 10:16 AM

I'm having trouble keeping track of who all commented on "Loon Lake" so a thanks to all. It was fun to do. I started with the basic layout from a Jean Campbell block idea. Find my inspiration by googling Jean Campbell Kuspak Kate and Parka Pete designs. I wanted to make it have local flavor so mountains were out, forest was in and on and on. Loons wouldn't be swimming in open water during parks season so hence the Sunbonnet version. Now I am thinking about doing more seasonal hangings as I have the perfect wall to share this art with other tenants in the building. If I do so I will be using larger blocks.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 11:41 AM

Thea:
best friend in the whole world passed through the veil back in 2008 and her DH left us this past Thursday

Thea:
In all of that, my heart started again to give me problems

Holding your hand here through your sorrow - wish it could be in person along with gentle hugs.  It is so hard to lose someone who has been so close to you for so long.

Thea:
Marsha - am jealous - or envious of the new sewing machine - I would love to have a throat like that for my quilting - one of these days after I am in MN I will be really in the market for one - for now I will keep fluffing and stuffing...

My new "baby" is in the back of the car along with it's table.  I need to find a place for the "antique" Kenmore before I set up the new machine. The Viking is on the floor in its case for now until I can get parts or find a dealer somewhere near here to take it to.    Hope to get things set up this afternoon.  The Kenmore will have to piece quilts for now so I need to have both machines set up.  Have run out of room in kitchen so will have to put old machine in living room.  Need to take out 2 old recliners first.  They should have been moved months ago.  I have repaired them and have places to use them.

Don't fluff and stuff for a while - that is not restful. Really take care of that fragile body of yours. We all need you here advising us and showing off your beautiful creations.  De-stressing is very hard - stress usually gets the best of me also.  I was told that by a Dr. when I was 17  that I had to control my emotions, etc, or I would have a nervous breakdown by the time I was 21.  I almost did.  Meditating at the sewing machine is very good - my top treatment - and slow, deep breaths while trying to blank out our mind also helps .

Marsha - Western New York

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Got half a row done.  My exhusband strikes again.  He refuses to sign the settlement agreement and now has frozen my SS Benefits.  Not a good day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,735
Points 364,772
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 7:36 PM

Well I feel like I accomplished something today. I finally finished my apple cores (well I still have to add them to my background) for Frances' sampler:

and I made another block for "The Loyal Union Sampler":

• | Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Wow kris these are amazing. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,735
Points 364,772
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 8:43 PM

Thanks Donna.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Way to go Kris. Very pretty!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I got 2 Pineapple blocks and 1 block for the EQ7 quilt along done - that's a lot for me. I had to wash some of the red 5 or 6 times before it stopped bleeding and I have one piece I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,735
Points 364,772
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 9:21 PM

Spudgrandma:

Way to go Kris. Very pretty!

Thank you Spud.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Agnes:

Judy--Thank you, thank you. That answers my question beautifully. So I know to order quantities specified. 

Agnes, when I bought my fabric and pattern the shop owner told me it only takes 4 skeins of Cosmos floss. That is what she sold me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Thea, I hope you are feeling better. I love your dog park. Agnes, your Loon quilt is charming. Love it. Kris, your apple core is cute. Love the colors. And your LUS block is great, as usual. I didn't go back very far on the posts so hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm working on Garden Party, and studying up for my class on Color and Design that I'm teaching, which is tomorrow night. I always wait till the last minute to prepare. I'm really not a teacher. Someone else should be teaching this class.
I hope everyone who is in pain can get relief from it. Pain is awful. My prayers for all of you.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,085
Points 16,610
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 10:18 PM

Kris both your blocks are every nice.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,735
Points 364,772
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 1:08 AM

Thanks Weezee.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,735
Points 364,772
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 1:12 AM

Elaine Phillips:

Kris, your apple core is cute. Love the colors. And your LUS block is great, as usual. I didn't go back very far on the posts so hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm working on Garden Party, and studying up for my class on Color and Design that I'm teaching, which is tomorrow night. I always wait till the last minute to prepare. I'm really not a teacher. Someone else should be teaching this class.
I hope everyone who is in pain can get relief from it. Pain is awful. My prayers for all of you.

Thanks Elaine. It really good to hear from you. You've been busy. You'll do fine teaching the class. You ARE a teacher. Let us know how it goes.

I'm so behind on "Garden Party" but haven't been feeling like tackling it.

Page 21 of 103 (1533 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use