Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 18 of 150 (2242 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,241 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,359
Points 28,610
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 7:48 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Judy what a cool wall hanging. 

No quilting for me today I'm still pooped from yesterday. I hope I'm not getting a flare up. Ugh

You had better rest today.  I pushed through fatigue trying to get the quilt tops finished and spent the next week back in that deep pain and fatigued hole that is so hard to climb out of.  I was going to quit first top yesterday when the screw that holds the needle broke.  My machine is a Viking and hard to get parts for.  I am machine shopping today - plan to get a sit-down machine from Bailey's - they are local and make their own machines.  I have known the shop for over 50 years but haven't been to their new one yet. I bought my first new machine from them.  Would like to tour their facilities some day and see how they make the machines.  The one I want has a 13 inch throat and table to fit.  

Yesterday I finished cleaning the Viking, which is 10 years old, and dug out a 35 yr old Kenmore.  I had bought the Viking to replace the Kenmore because it was getting noisy.  I did restoring cleaning - removing gummy oil, etc and re-oiled it and it is purring like a kitten.  If I hadn't had the Viking breakdown yesterday I probably wouldn't have gotten the Kenmore back in service.  It is a very heavy duty machine that can even sew leather.  It is good to have it out - - now I have to find a place to put it!  When I get the Viking part I will have 3 machines out!!!  I had planned to get the Kenmore out to use for piecing so I didn't have to keep changing setting on the Viking so I could do only FMQ on it until these quilts are done.  Need to make quilt #6 - one grand-niece graduated a year early - so really do need 2 machines.  I can piece that one to rest my arms from FMQ.  At least I have quilt kit all cut out just waiting for assembly.  "Plan ahead" worked for the best this time.

No, for the fun - off to Bailey's Sewing Center.  Hopefully will be home with a new machine in a few hours (4 to 5) - we aren't close to anything around here.  Will let you know what I get, hopefully with a picture.  

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,320
Points 30,035
Agnes replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 9:54 AM

Suzie--Lovely quilt. The orange sure warms it up.

Judy--Love your wall hanging. What fun!

Because I was ready to photo shoot my progress I found a place to set up for it. Here is a shot of Dashing Through the Snow, an off shoot of Crabapple Hill's Over the River. Embroidery panels 1 and 3 are unchanged. The rest is different from the pattern. I "drew" embroidery panel 2 by changing items around, enlarging and shrinking items from panels 1 and 3. I changed the blocks and widened all the sashings. The final border will have no resemblance to the original pattern.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 289
Points 4,710

Agnes, I love your winter wallhanging! You do such beautiful work!

Judy, your July 4th flag banner is really cute!

Everyone here is so creative and have such unique ideas!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 18,405
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:19 AM

Jen, when I quilt the hole in the wall I'll let you know.

Marsha, have fun purchasing a new machine.

Agnes Dashing through the Snow is very pretty.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,798
Points 122,955

Agnes it's terrific!  I love the crabapple hill patterns. I like what you're doing with yours. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,320
Points 30,035
Agnes replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:33 AM

SpringerMom, weezee and Judy--Thank you. Judy-- I have to say I am pleased how Dashing Through the Snow is coming out. I am waiting for fabrics from CT, thinking I would add them to a little stash pile to make a star quilt. Looking at Crababpple Hill's patterns yesterday these fabrics won't be making stars but will be making Susan's Dresden Garden. Of course, true to my way of working, I am already planning some changes.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:40 AM

Agnes, your dashing though the snow .. Is dashing!

Marsha , please post pictures of your finds!

Got the quilt finished this morning, knotted it ! I want to make a few more for the church mission.

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,359
Points 28,610
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 1:23 PM

Deb:
Marsha , please post pictures of your finds!
Machine is paid for and waiting for the table to be adapted to it.  I will take pictures when I pick it up on Wednesday.  Fortunately I have a therapy appointment that day which is not too far from the shop.  The machine has a 15 inch throat  -  they make very few of the 13 inch ones now as most prefer a larger machine.  He gave me a price on this one that was a little lower than the smaller one.  

This is a picture of the machine I am getting - the picture is from their site.  They just introduced a larger machine last night.  I saw it today - a 20 inch model.  It is a little overwhelming to me - 5 inches longer than this machine and 12 1/2 inches longer than the Viking.  Doubling the space is fine with me.  I didn't have a lot of problems with the 7 1/2 inch space.  15 inches should seem very roomy .   Need to get to old Kenmore now and get the 6th quilt put together.  At least I have that to occupy me until I pick up the new machine.  Will have Thursday to finish the quilt needed for Saturday.  Have yearly tests at the hospital Friday which will spoil most of the day. Party is Saturday!  I may have to give an unfinished quilt and take it back home to finish.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 639
Points 9,655
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 1:40 PM

Marsha, nice find.  Looks like your machine could kick my machines butt.  Envy........

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 3:25 PM

Marsha, I am so happy for you!! Sweet machine!!!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 3:35 PM

Agnes, your wall hanging is beautiful. Love the Dresden one too.

Deb, lovely quilt.

Marsha, good luck with your new machine.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,359
Points 28,610
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 4:11 PM

MaggieNae:

Marsha, nice find.  Looks like your machine could kick my machines butt.  Envy........

The price kicked my Viking's butt.  It cost $1000.00 less than the Viking did 10 years ago (I kept the slip in the instruction book) and I didn't even buy the embroidery attachment back then - I prefer hand embroidery - and I could barely afford the machine alone at the time.  I can hardly wait for it to be ready.  I haven't found my scant 1/4 inch seam on the Kenmore yet.  Will rip out and try again.  I am getting close.  Haven't dug very deep yet for Kenmore's attachments and attachment screw is to big to use with the Viking feet.  The category of the feet is the same and I will be able to use the even-feed foot.  Rest of the feet attach to a shank which has a smaller hole.  The 35 yr old Kenmore will just have to take the Viking's place until I find a place to have it fixed. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 832
Points 13,690

Wow you all have been busy. New machine (I'm jealous). Beautiful Quilts. Boy oh boy. 

I only got one row done today on Helicopter Quilt. Three more to go. I'm trying to take it easy. Still so tired. 

My SS Disability was finally approved. Benefits start 7/16. Yeah. Less to stress over. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 18,405
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 7:14 PM

Deb very nice quilt, I use to do a lot of knotting too. My machine was too small to quilt with. 

Marsha the picture of your new machine is great. I'm sure you will love it.

Mamag glad to hear things are working out.

I did add a 4" border all around the hole in the wall, went with the same black as in the blocks. Brings it to a 61 1/2" X 78 1/2". Took forever to find the backing. I think I'm going to make it a summer quilt, (no batting). I'm going to keep this one for myself. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 118
Points 2,030

Love everyone's quilt projects. Wish I would get back to my machine.  Judy, I bought Vintage Tin at the quilt shop in Williams, AZ last week. I can't wait to get started. I also bought fabric for it, except for the embroidery background. Agnes, I also have a kit made up for Over the River. Yours is beautiful.  Judy, I hope your hubby is doing better from his surgery. 

Page 18 of 150 (2242 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use