Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 58 of 109 (1627 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,626 Replies | 44 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 10:36 AM

This a.m. paying some bills for Mom and us and helping DH work on his zero turn lawn mower. Too hot to be out there. Sure am spoiled on the light summer we had. I think it has arrived now though. Hope to get back to my patriotic quilt later this afternoon. Still doing rounds on the log cabin blocks. Was hoping to finish those today and start on the eagle centers. Hoping to get two throws out of the blocks.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 10:39 AM

Joyce,

Hope you get to feeling better soon. When I'm sick all I seem to think about is what I could be sewing on.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 10:41 AM

Question, didn't there used to be a longarm section? 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 12:06 PM

Eliminated my garden this morning.  That was heavy work as I had three bags of dirt in each plastic storage container.  

I hope you feel better Joyce.  Take time before going down the stairs to sew.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Uh oh.. 2:53pm looks like we've been invaded by a spammer. QCARachel will be on the case soon, I hope. All of the message boards have been pushed out.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 11:37 PM

Ramona:

There is a thread called "Longarmers Share" but there isn't a group.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 4:47 PM

Kris:

Ramona:

There is a thread called "Longarmers Share" but there isn't a group.

Kris,

Thank you for responding.  There used to be a bit more chatter on the Longarmer Shares thread. How do I find that thread now? Since I wasn't on for a while I think it's lost my "send e-mail" request. Thanks again.

P.S. I found on the home page Longarm Share but it doesn't appear to have been any discussions on there for some time. Maybe that isn't the correct place.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 7:21 PM

Thank you Ginny and everyone for the well wishes.  Today was some better.  Had to take a lady from church to her kidney doctor so my DH drove as I'm not safe to drive with the dizziness yet.  I had to do a load of Mount Washmore today so while I was downstairs I finished sewing the 1st border on my DGD quilt.  Now to get the 2nd and larger and last border cut and sewn on.  I guess it will be a few days before I can get to that.  Sure felt good to get something done.

I love looking at everyone's quilts and project.  I still need to figure out how to post on here.  I managed on fb but can't seem to get QCA yet.  I will try again when feeling better.  

Thanks again.

Joyce

MD

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 935
Points 17,435

duplicate

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 935
Points 17,435

I found a new free BOM that starts up in October for those who might be interested.   It’s called Sew Sweet Simplicity- because the blocks look way more complicated than they are! And, you will have 3 different options for making your blocks-

• *you can just piece them
  • *OR you can applique them (hand or machine-
  • *OR you can do simple hand embroidery (just 2 super easy stitches- the backstitch and French knots- plus a YouTube tutorial for those stitches)

The Block of the Month will run 5 months- 1 or 2 blocks per month (total of 6 blocks) for 4 months, then borders and finishing for the fifth month. So in addition to choosing which techniques you’d like to do, you can also choose the smaller quilt with just 4 blocks, or the larger quilt with 6 blocks.

You must subscribe to receive the patterns by email! Even if you are a current subscriber- you must sign up for this separately- you will not automatically receive the BOM pattern in the regular newsletter mailing.

Sorry I can't get the link to post but you can copy & paste this into your address line and it should take you there.  

http://jacquelynnesteves.com/sewing-quilting/sew-sweet-simplicity-free-block-of-the-month/

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 12:55 PM

Thank you for the link!

tThe Poppy Block Swap is open in the Fabric Swaps group!  Come take a look and consider signing up.  It is an easy block.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 1:17 PM

Ramona:

Thank you for responding.  There used to be a bit more chatter on the Longarmer Shares thread. How do I find that thread now? Since I wasn't on for a while I think it's lost my "send e-mail" request. Thanks again.

P.S. I found on the home page Longarm Share but it doesn't appear to have been any discussions on there for some time. Maybe that isn't the correct place.

Ramona the most recent post on that thread was in March of this year. Many of the people who started that discussion are no longer on QCA. 

This may be what you found but here's a LINK. The first post in this thread links back to the original discussion.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,875

I went to the LQS today, but bought nothing. Looked at a lot of things, but guess nothing special came to mind.

Was just thinking about Donna/MamaG. I think she said she had only this week remaining to stay with her daughter, so imagine she's travelling home today or tomorrow, probably with a heavy heart having to leave her little GD and new GS behind. Always hard.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 360

Very cute!

May your day be blessed!

Nancee

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Sun, Sep 7 2014 9:49 PM

Recovering after power outage.  Went to a party tonight where DH was playing in band.  After getting home power was restored.  only out 2 1/2 days but it felt like wks.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 58 of 109 (1627 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use