Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 55 of 86 (1280 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,279 Replies | 41 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 185
dcasario replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 8:31 PM

Thank you all for such kind compliments. I'm very encouraged!  This was my first quilt.  My husband had bought me an embroidery machine about a year ago and I have done a few rag quilts with scriptures. But I never considered them a "real" quilt since you don't have to quilt it and there is no binding.  And they are super easy compared to the Elephants on Parade quilt.   I'm excited to start another quilt!!  I went to a friends house today and she let me sit with her and learn how to hand quilt.  Wow!  That takes skill!  I thought it was just like you stitch in and stitch out stitch in and stitch out .. easy peasy..  Well now way.  It's an art!  My friend does all her quilts by hand.  I did half a block to her two blocks!  She was good and fast.  And I was granny speed. Not that there's anything wrong with that!   We talked and stitched and talked and stitched and I poked my fingers a few times and the blood appeared and I got to wear a dora bandaid.  LOL It was a great day of learning.  What are the points about? I noticed I  now have 80.  BTW, my name is Diana

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 5:21 PM

I didn't get to visit with my sewing machine today, I was busy getting ready for the family party with weekend!

4 pies, 4 loaves of bread and cookies, Beds cleaned and frig full!

I'm going to enjoy the youngsters being home. There will be 9 adults and 5 grand children in my double wide all weekend long . :)

Two of the youngins won't be able to come home though... :( will miss them!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 18,225
weezee56 replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 10:29 PM

Sounds great Deb, enjoy yourself.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Fri, Aug 29 2014 4:49 AM

Deb, everything looks so good. I think I just gained 5 lbs just looking at the goodies. Enjoy your time with  the family.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 268
Points 14,265
qcarachel replied on Fri, Aug 29 2014 2:32 PM

Have an excellent Labor Day weekend quilters! I hope you spend time relaxing, with loved ones, and quilting! Stay safe and happy!

Best,

QCA Rachel

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Fri, Aug 29 2014 4:25 PM

Back atcha, Rachel!

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,305

Your food looks delicious.  Marianne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 8:13 AM

What am I up to today?  Well, like a good little quilter, I just spent money on my addiction and saved me $45 doing it!  Quilt in a Day has the Electric Quilt 7 on sale for $144.36 plus free shipping, plus a free gift.  How about that for good shopping?  I bought it for my Mac but I'm sure it's the same sale for the PC. Go get it girls!  Don't think you'll find it anywhere cheaper?

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 29,655
Agnes replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 11:16 AM

Procrastinator has become my name. I'm having a relatively dry spot and filling my time with reading. It is what it is and this, too, shall pass.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 1:15 PM

Deb - What kind of pie is that in the 2nd picture? It looks scrumpious especially with some vanilla ice cream.

I've been making  aprons for the  kitchen crew at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Scottsdale. Down to the last two. At the same time I'm trying to quilt the 2 quilt of valor for 2 of the boys in our that are stationed in Afghanistan.

Thursday night I fell again. I was working on the computer and because I'm leaning so much to the left I just leaned  too  far. Called the doctor yesterday morning and she insisted I go to ER. Got another deep bruise on the right shoulder. The previous one had just healed. I have a terrific headache for the CT scan  showed nothing.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend. I'll be sewing all weekend.                                                                                                                           

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,581
Points 51,760
Ginny replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 2:26 PM

Linda,  I am beginning to think that someone needs to tie you in your chair when you get on the computer.   Can't you train Indy to do that for you?   I think that should be his next lesson.   I think that you just get too engrossed in what you are doing that you don't realize that you are leaning more and more.  I am just so glad that you didn't suffer any terrible injuries from that.     Take care, girlfriend.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 18,225
weezee56 replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 2:36 PM

Linda, I hope your aren't too sore from your fall. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 2:37 PM

Linda, it's called a shoo fly pie. It is maded with molasses. Really good with a cup of coffee in the morning!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 6:00 PM

Linda, We need to get you a seat belt to use when at the computer . So you have arms on your chair?  Its scary when this happens and it seems like you have no control over your body. Because of inner ear problems with balance I, too, fall  occasionally and never know when it may happen. I hope you are healing well.     Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 118
Points 2,030

Linda, dear girl, I hope you don't suffer any long lasting affects from your fall. Please take care.

Page 55 of 86 (1280 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use