Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 54 of 106 (1585 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,584 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 340
Points 15,505
qcarachel replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 12:52 PM

Thanks so much Judy! That's exactly what everyone should be seeing! I'm excited to post the first clue on Monday and to follow everyone as they complete the quilt!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,675
Points 248,592
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 3:01 PM

Rachel, Hard to believe this is our 10th mystery quilt - I only made the first two when Sandy was in charge and then I had so many projects on my table I didn't have time for any  - I was making the quilts for Easy Quilts then - but they sure are fun and it is fun to see all the progress everyone has and read their questions.  I am glad we are doing another one.

Well, I have not gotten to my sewing machine and was going to just sit and rest all day to recuperate and be ready for the days to come but my Long arm is out of CA and will be here Thursday so had to get DH motivated to do the rest of the room - when it was going to be here yesterday he was gun ho working but then when it didn't get shipped last Thursday like we first thought he slowed down... They had told me it wouldn't be shipped till today so again we weren't in a rush - but I got the notice that it is out of CA and on the truck headed here - should be here this Thursday... so had to motivate DH and it probably was better for me to get up and move about... 

I took a zyrtec and my headache reduced - not completely gone but tolerable - then I got the Kilz and started painting the walls - I had painted flowers on them years ago - all my walls I consider my canvases and I practice different painting styles at different times - well the front living room had my flowers all over the walls - so they are gone now - along with the butterflies that I had painted in there too - I used up almost one gallon of Kilz - to cover up the flowers and the medium light blue walls - I will do one more coat of semi gloss paint tomorrow and the room will be painted.  

DH is still sanding the floor - we had started this before Mother moved in with us and so it was partially done but with her in that room we couldn't do anymore so now she is in the bedroom and we are finishing up the floor - the bedroom she is in we had finished that floor except for the closet which we will do last thing before we move or leave it as is... Mother spilled tons of food on the floor - she doesn't really care - so far we have had to go in to the bedroom and clean the flooring there each day to keep her from ruining it - at least it has poly on it so it isn't as bad as what she did to the living room floor - but with the wood soap and my scrubber and DH sanding parts it is starting to all come up and looks really nice.  

Again, the people that buy this house are going to have a really nice house...:)  

But I painted and am exhausted again - stomach decided to start giving me some fits - so figure that whatever I contracted last week to cause me to flare up and have a horrendous migraine is finishing off today - I hope - The room will be done by the time the Long Arm gets here as I really don't want to look at boxes... DH said he will stain the floors today and tomorow morning we will paint the ceiling and then lay down the poly on half the floor - problem is we have to do it so Mom will not need to come out of her room - and we know that no matter when we do it she will want to come out whether we try at midnight or during the day... so he said he will make some sort of a contraption so that she won't be stepping on the floor but that we will still be able to do the floor - should be interesting... I would bring her to the back living room but she absolutely refuses to use the stairs - so either she will have to stay in her room or use the stairs... I know the floor will lose out ... somehow it will get done though...:)

I am trying to be quietly excited... I really never thought I would own a longarm - I have prayed many days for this and somehow the Lord has made it all possible... 

I need some eye candy so where are the quilts and throws and wall hangings - purses - hot pads - table runners - napkins - come on someone must have finished something this weekend...:)  ;)  :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 6:11 PM

Rachel the newsletter states that this is the first MQ designed by a QCA member. MQs 3, 8 and 9 were designed by "Nana" who is a member.

I don't think I'll be making this one but I'll be following the action.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 185
dcasario replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 6:15 PM

Hi!  I'm excited to say I have my very first quilt almost finished!!  Whew, are there  a few mistakes in this quilt!!  But I was just reading someone's article that they wished they would have enjoyed quilting and had more fun instead of being a perfectionist. LOL  That little article helped me relax and just be okay with the mistakes in this quilt, my very first one.  I did learn how to stitch in the ditch successfully.  But when I put my quilting foot on and attempted to stipple stitch, it was a nightmare.  I practiced and practiced and .. practiced but could not get my machine to cooperate.  I broke numerous needles and tangled up enough thread to fill a trash can. ( a small one)  LOL.  Days later I was so frustrated I was tempted to pick up my brothers XR-65 and walk it to my trash dumpster.  Actually, that night I dreamed that I actually did do that. The next morning in my jammies I ran to my table to see if my machine was still there.  LOL   I decided to remove my quilting foot and finish up with stitch in the ditch. That worked just fine.  I then watched several youtube videos on how to machine bind my quilt.  They make it look so easy!  I got the first part easily but the last part where you are suppose to sew the binding to the front didn't go so well. After ripping out several attempts I decided to hand quilt my binding.  I still have about half way around with that then it will be ready to ship off to my sweet niece in Georgia who just had a baby boy. They love elephants and specified the trunks need to be up for good luck!

• | Post Points: 125
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:00 PM

dcasario, it is so cute!! Way to go!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Really cute elephant quilt. We'll done. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235
weezee56 replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:12 PM

Jen I hope all is well with DH eyes.

Thea, I never let any of my kids out alone at 9, they had to have someone else with them. 

Tami and Judy, I hope we will have an other mystery quilt. I really enjoy them.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235
weezee56 replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:19 PM

dcasario:
They love elephants and specified the trunks need to be up for good luck!
Very cute quilt, great job.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:32 PM

dcasario, cute quilt and very well done. I didn't know thatabout the trunks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 38,285
Linda replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 6:34 AM

dcasario, you did a fantastic job on your first quilt! It is absolutely adorable.

After living in Arizona for nearly 12 years and watching the Navajo quilt, they say mistakes are to let out the evil spirits and allow the good spirits to enter. After hearing them say that, I've never worried about mistakes again. You can always put an applique over it.

Good luck in your future quilting.

Hugs.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 894
Points 16,920

dcasario, your elephant quilt is absolutely adorable! You did such nice work. I love the borders!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 397
Points 5,905

Your elephant quilt is so cute!!   Are you sure this is your first quilt?   I wish my first quilt looked that good!!   :)

Barbara

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 9:03 AM

dcasario, your quilt is super cute and a great job.  I am certain that your niece's little one will love it to pieces.....       Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 9:30 AM

D, your quilt is beautiful, love those elephants!  Glad you learned early on not to stress over imperfections, you'll enjoy the process much more than I when I first started.  I remember taking out seams 2 or 3 times to get a perfect match but not any more.  My current quilt top has many a mis-match but I'm having fun putting it together and only the judges at the quilt shows will notice and it's not headed there, it's headed for a person in need and I'm sure he/she will love it as it is.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 3:37 PM

Dcasario, What is your name???     You are a fantastic (new )quilter .I cant wait to see what your 10th one looks like. I like the elephants and happy to hear your not stressing over every mistake.  By the way , Welcome to QCA . Lots of great folks here to answer any and all questions.     Susan

Page 54 of 106 (1585 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use