Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 51 of 72 (1067 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,066 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 717
Points 14,070

Oh, Thea! How wonderful for you! I can't wait to see what you do now. Good luck and enjoy!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 6:52 AM

Loved the bears, Michelle!  Thea, I am sooooo happy for you, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 463
Points 9,310
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 7:23 AM

Well I have a story......some of you may remember a post I made a few months ago about the fiasco I went thru with Joann.com. I had ordered a small ball of tatting thread which took me forever to receive...well so much for the ball of thread....my Della got a hold of it the other day........it no longer exists...she had fun with it though....arrrghhhh!!!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

tnmtgrl:
.well so much for the ball of thread....my Della got a hold of it the other day........it no longer exists...she had fun with it though....arrrghhhh!!!!

Jen, after all that. Sorry, but it made me chuckle. We have pets, 2 dogs. One that will chew up anything she can reach, scissors, pin cushions, shoes, watches..... teeth.......

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 10:54 AM

ls2116:
Then went out with DH to a antique store and picked up a singer 99k I got confused by the size thought it was the featherweight.  The bottom case is a wreck but a little oil and the machine sewed great .  Don't know much about the history of the 99k but here is a picture.

Great looking machine ls. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 10:57 AM

Carol from Pittsburgh:
I see a quilter granddaughter in my future!

That's awesome Carol. 

I came to love fabric and sewing in a very similar way. My grandmother was a seamstress and I loved playing with her scraps. She taught me to sew at five and I've been in love ever since. We didn't make quilts though (don't need them in the Caribbean). I wish she were still alive to see the quilts I've made.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 10:59 AM

Michelle:
Well, we have some internet finally and able to sort of catch up on what everyone is doing.

Thanks for checking in Michelle. I've been thinking about you and Sue.

Love the photo of the bears. They're so cute.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 11:01 AM

tnmtgrl:
well so much for the ball of thread....my Della got a hold of it the other day........it no longer exists...she had fun with it though....arrrghhhh!!!!

Oops. So sorry Jen but, like Judy, this made me laugh a bit. I feel your pain. Maybe Della wants to learn tatting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 11:02 AM

Thea:
I bought the new Juki Longarm machine with a 10' bed... It is on its way to my house as we speak...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations Thea. You'll have a ball with her.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 463
Points 9,310
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 2:45 PM

Judy and Kris ...I'm glad someone got a laugh out of my story as that is all I could do when it happened....I am just glad that she did not ingest any and cause herself problems......how can you not love them!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

tnmtgrl:

Judy and Kris ...I'm glad someone got a laugh out of my story as that is all I could do when it happened....I am just glad that she did not ingest any and cause herself problems......how can you not love them

ah Jen, ain't it the truth. You have a darlin' there. My two send hugs. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 13,170
Michelle replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 3:19 PM

Kris, yes we are still doing well. Hard to keep up with only little internet service. Driving and sight-seeing most of the day, usually by dinner, we rest outside, I try to work on the pics and my blog then bed. Not even much sewing. There is so much to see here!  

I heard from Sue the other day by email. They were having truck issues and had to stay an extra day in Watson Lake for parts. Should be heading down the Cassiar Highway soon. We are a few days down the highway already and almost back to The lower 48 in maybe 3-4 days. 

I posted a lot of the bear pics on my blog, it loads them faster than here 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 602
Points 9,590
Joyce replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 3:39 PM

Wow Marie you have been going to town since you were inspired to work.  Can't wait to see that quilt finished.

Joyce

from Md.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 602
Points 9,590
Joyce replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 3:51 PM

Thea I'm so happy for you to get a LA.  What a great blessing.  I would love to have one.  Only 2 things stopping me $$$ and space. :)  Plus the time to work on it.  Maybe when I start finding more energy and time to sew I might dream about one.  I'm learning on my machine.  I don't do very well with the free motion at all.  My son said I'm too hard on myself.  But I will keep working on it.  I need to cut the borders for my DGD I plan on giving her quilt at Christmas and my DD butted in and said hey what about me.  I had one started she had mentioned several years ago she liked then she did a about face and said she wanted a yellow & purple one.  I have the top finished.  I think I have about 10 tops finished that just need quilting.  But to tonight I need to make baby burp cloths I have promised to a lady going to have her baby next week.  

Good luck with your machine and have lots of fun.

Joyce

from Md

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 9:32 PM

I don't know where i got my spurt of energy today but i whacked down three over grown burning bushes from 72" or more down to about 36".  I told my DH I'm really going to be sore tomorow, and that i'm never trimming them again I'd rather pay to have someone remove them. I was kind of stupid I forgot to where protective eyegear and my eyes have been watering all night.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 51 of 72 (1067 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use