Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 50 of 65 (961 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 960 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,134
Points 17,485
weezee56 replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 10:55 PM

IS I just bought a 99 also. Mine is from 1956.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 8:18 AM

Thanks Elaine, my plan is to get my 2" strips cut today, wish me luck.  Good luck with your Hawaiian fabric, can't wait to see that.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:03 AM

Elaine, I have a collection of Hawaiian prints that I am intending to make a fish quilt out of.    I thought   fish out of the florals might be fun

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:04 AM

Elaine, I have a collection of Hawaiian prints that I am intending to make a fish quilt out of.    I thought   fish out of the florals might be fun

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 113
Points 1,930

Gini,, fish out of Hawaiian fabric will be cute. Can't wait to see that! You always have such fun ideas.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 7:26 AM

Well, I got my 2" strips cut, plan on working on getting them sewn together after dentist appt. today.  Sew far sew good.  See y'all later.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 711
Points 13,855

Yesterday I had the privilege of my DGD1's company. She's 6 years old and loves fabric! She likes to go through my scraps and find pieces she likes and just cut them. Well, yesterday I taught her how use the sewing machine and she did so well!  She used all her cut pieces and sewed them all together. She made what she called a dress, she made sleeves that aren't attached to anything, and she made a couple " skirts."  She is so proud of her creations. Of course I made a big deal over how beautiful her work was! I'm so happy that she has such an interest in sewing. I see a quilter granddaughter in my future!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,672
Points 120,425

Marie:

Well, I got my 2" strips cut, plan on working on getting them sewn together after dentist appt. today.  Sew far sew good.  See y'all later.

You go Marie! :-)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,672
Points 120,425

Carol from Pittsburgh:
I see a quilter granddaughter in my future!

That is exciting.  You and your granddaughter will have such fun together. I love that my granddaughter, who is 21, is interested in quilting. She's made three so far. Although she's more interested in the quilts I've made and knows all she has to do is batt her eyes,  look longingly at a quilt and it's hers. :-)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 682
Points 13,000
Michelle replied on Wed, Aug 20 2014 7:32 PM

Well, we have some internet finally and able to sort of catch up on what everyone is doing.  some beautiful quilts out there! I pulled out some blocks that I put together about a week ago when we were still in Alaska, black and white quilt blocks.  Making a quilt for oldest son, not sure it will be done by Christmas? Found this pattern called, Scenic Lodi Valley, when we were in Branson at the quilt retreat in Feb.  

Hope everyone is doing well, we are still traveling, back in Canada now, been to Hyder, AK and loved all the bears and glaciers there.  I couldn't stop taking pics of the bears!!  If I lived there, I would be at the river every morning and evening.  

Now heading down thru Canada, Prince George, then Vancouver, then to Seattle area.  Slowly making ourselves back to Texas. Was able to meet up with Sue on the road while we were both in Denali, they are now in Watson Lake this week and should be heading down south also.  

I was able to get most of my pics uploaded to my Alaska blog if anyone wants to see the scenery, wildlife, etc. It has been an amazing trip. 

http://nanassewingshoppe.blogspot.com

Enjoy the pics!!  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Aug 20 2014 7:35 PM

What a coincidence...my DGD#1 is visiting from VA this weekend.  We had planned to make a quilt during this visit in purple, her favorite color. Today we watched Jenny Doan explain how to make the Disappearing Four Patch block and she was hooked.  All the charm blocks are cut ready to be sewn tomorrow.  Hope to post at least a finished top by the time she leaves.  We'll see how long she will stay interested...she's eight.  But she did make those pillows and a fleece tie blanket last year and we'll be working together on it.  This is great as my DD has no interest in sewing at all.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,672
Points 120,425

What a terrific photo of the two bears. Love it. Thanks for sharing Michelle. You are on an incredible trip.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,447
Points 243,717
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 20 2014 8:40 PM

Michelle, Your bears are just adorable.  When we were out in S. Dakota for my son's wedding we went to a reservation for animals.  The black bears just drew me in - I took so many pictures of them and have this wonderful one of them playing in this tree.  Someday I want to make a block for a quilt out of that picture.  I bet you could make a beautiful block out of your picture.

Well, what did I do today!  No sewing - that was not on the menue today.... because.... I had to clean up and pack my Mom's bedroom in the front of our house... we are moving her TV in there and moving her chair in there so she will be in that room... We packed up all the extra furniture that cluttered the room up and I packed up a bunch of her knick knacks - had to be done for the move one day but that is not why I was doing it today...

I need her out of the living room because I bought a 10' Longarm - I am just so excited... scared too but more excited then anything else.  Barbara had told me about a friend of hers that went to her church that had a longarm that he needed to get rid of - he is a widower and his wife used this... well it turned out it was just a frame so I wasn't interested as I have a Gracie frame which I guess now I will be selling as I bought the new Juki Longarm machine with a 10' bed... It is on its way to my house as we speak... so we had to get the room ready as I don't want to wait one day when it gets here to set it up and learn how to Longarm quilt... 

Now all those tops I have will be made into quilts quicker then I originally thought - Or should I say I hope they will be.... 

I got the Juki Virtuoso Pro - when I first looked into a long arm machine so many years ago I had studied the Juki and had decided I liked the machine - I was at that time just looking for a machine to put on my Gracie frame... but now I bought the whole thing and am so dang excited... My 60th birthday present to myself from me and DH... 

So that is my news - and hoping the weather stays wonderfully hot without any rain so that I can see if I can do this... I am hopeful that if I do a little at a time I will be able to build up my tolerance to standing - DH says he will rig a stool for me to sit on while I sew too... He seems to have this brilliant idea...:)  I know he will do something as he knows how long I have wanted one - I had thought about the sitdown one but first am going to try this... And when we move to MN I am going to teach my DDIL and have her learn so she can do it as a business.  I think with her artistic skills that she will be great at it.

The package they gave me of all the things that comes with it is awesome.  I had thought I would have to buy some of those acrylic rulers but they come with it and they are sending me free a book of pantographs... the man I talked with on the phone was wonderful - I also watched some really good videos on the machine... so I'll let you know what I think... but I am hoping that I have no more problems with the tension that I have had with my Janome or have to use my Pfaff for this anymore... i can set them up for sewing and can sew quilt after quilt now and quilt them myself... so so happy... doing a happy dance in my chair... my legs are aching horribly tonight but I told them tooo bad - I am doing this...

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,134
Points 17,485
weezee56 replied on Wed, Aug 20 2014 9:43 PM

Carol I hope your DGD decides to be a quilter.

Michelle your bear picture is so cute. I hope you have a safe trip home.

Thea I hope your new Juki does all you want it too. Its always nice to get extras for free, I'm sure the acrylic rulers would not be cheap. I want a stool of some sort too. Let me know what your DH thinks up for you, maybe it would work for me too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,760
Points 66,990
Bonita replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 4:44 AM

Congrats on your new machine Thea.I'm sure you will have many hours of pleasure from it.

Page 50 of 65 (961 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use