Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 47 of 85 (1265 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,264 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Mon, Aug 4 2014 11:28 AM

Judy--Love your hydrangeas. Always wanted to but never grew any myself.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 5 2014 6:46 AM

Congrats, Rachel, 4th place ain't shabby!  Hope you enjoyed those pancakes, you earned them.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20
Mary replied on Tue, Aug 5 2014 7:05 AM

Alas, house cleaning this morning, but yesterday and this afternoon I will be working on a jelly role quilt. I just started. I was so pleased that I learned some new settings on my machine that I hope will assist in the quality of my quilts, being that some are rather imprecise. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,805
Dawn replied on Wed, Aug 6 2014 11:15 AM

Yay Rachel!!!    Thea, you are doing a great job!

I have loved having the house picked up, been working on an art quilt and it is coming along wonderfully!  I need DH's opinion again, not sure on one more thing.  :-)  Yesterday and today have been cloudy, no sun, need rain, but it is not coming.  It is less than 20 miles away, but it just doesn't seem to want to come here . ..    :-(

Everyone have the best week!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Sun, Aug 10 2014 8:39 PM

I haven't seen any posts on this lately. I hope everyone is okay. DH and I have been going to Estate Sales and Garage/Yards sales, Thursday, Friday,and Saturday. Found lots of items for the three DGS and DH not much for me. I did find some machine needles. We look online for pictures of the sales before we go, and every time DH sees a sewing machine he says, "I guess we need to go to this one."   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,779
Points 122,400

weezee56:

I haven't seen any posts on this lately. I hope everyone is okay. DH and I have been going to Estate Sales and Garage/Yards sales, Thursday, Friday,and Saturday. Found lots of items for the three DGS and DH not much for me. I did find some machine needles. We look online for pictures of the sales before we go, and every time DH sees a sewing machine he says, "I guess we need to go to this one."   

I keep my eyes open for a Featherweight at garage sales and thrift shops. But when I do find one it's priced more than I want to pay. I really don't NEED one, I just WANT one. LOL

I'm working on the border blocks for my Vintage Tin quilt. I'm also working on Blueberry Ice. I have about half of the pieces cut out. And, in the evening while we're watching TV, I'm doing the embroidery on one panel of Over the Hill. I'm only going to do the one panel and make a winter wall hanging out of it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35

Going to buy some clothes today.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 254
Points 13,820
qcarachel replied on Mon, Aug 11 2014 8:11 AM

Happy Monday everyone! I had a lovely weekend with my family. We are somewhat of a racing family (my dad wanted my sister and me to do boyish things with him when we were growing up). So we all went to the Knoxville Nationals to watch sprint car races. I got home at 3 AM with mud and dirt caked all over me, but it was well worth it!

Just a quick reminder to everyone. Pat Sloan is here this week to answer your quilting questions. I'm so excited for this and I want all Premium Members to take advantage of the pro quilter! Make sure to ask your questions here: http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/6558.aspx

Pat is very eager to answer all your questions!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Mon, Aug 11 2014 7:25 PM

Happy Monday everyone. I too cleaned house today and did laundry. I would have preferred sewing, but....it had to be done. Tomorrow, I am having a massage :-)

and then I'm spending the afternoon with a friend. Hopefully I can get my mojo back to finish quilting my quilt...stress! We are leaving in less than two weeks!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Had to run errands today. While there, I saw a large display of irons and seriously hope my 47 year old GE Light and Easy steam iron lasts forever! Good gosh, the current irons are huge, very heavy (without even the water that adds weight) and so awkward I can't imagine having to use them for any ironing project much less quilting small pieces. My poor hands and wrists could not handle them for more than minutes, they would wear you out! I'm not sure the designers have had a single experience with ironing!  

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 12:12 PM

Today is Wednesday...and I need to get the laundry done, but DGD is not cooperating, wanting my attention 100% of the time.  I did manage to can a few quarts of  tomatoes this morning, and get all of the garbage out for the trash pickup, but that's the extent of my accomplishments so far today.  I've run out of clean clothes, so I've got to get that laundry started, LOL.

I have sewing in my plans for today, but who knows if that will happen.  I want to put the borders on my LUS so I can get it loaded on the frame and begin the quilting, but DH wants to steam clean the carpets, but our steam cleaner doesn't seem to be working.  Always happens when you loan things out for others to use.  You'd think I would learn, LOL.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 12:17 PM

Karla:
I've run out of clean clothes, so I've got to get that laundry started, LOL.

Karla, it's usually underwear I run out of and I've been known to go to the store and buy more when I can't get to the laundry soon enough.  LOL  Mall is 5 minutes away, lucky me.  As a rule I wash all my new purchased clothing but in a pinch...................

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 12:24 PM

Karla, I've noticed you haven't been on QCA much lately and wanted to mention that Pat Sloan is answering questions on QCA this week, anything about quilting that you've wondered about.  She's great with the answering and encouragement.  I've had a dry spell and I've been in my sewing room 2 out of 3 days since Monday thanks to her.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,827
Points 39,915
ls2116 replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 6:32 PM

I'm done with my shop hop now and i'm very thankful that it helped me find so many shops.  With my DD water crises I couldn't even get to her and if I was able to I couldn't do anything to help because shes waiting for companies to help with clean up from the great flood of 2014 but i'll be ready to help when she asks me.  Poor thing she had to cancel her vacation to mackinaw  because of the flood.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 9:41 AM

I posted this in "I need your help" but thought I'd post it here as well.

Hi all, I'm working on a quilt top that hi lights some really pretty flowered fabrics, 11 of them.  I get four 9" pieces out of each for a total of 40 blocks (short on a couple).  I'll be setting them 5 across by 8 down with sashing in between.  My question is, how wide should the sashing be if the blocks finish at 8.5"?  I'd like the blocks to really stand out so I don't want it to be too narrow, too wide would not be good either, I need a "just right sashing" (said the wolf, lol).  That would be me.  :  )  Thanks for any and all suggestions. I'll be sashing with white or off white to hi light the flowered fabrics.

Millbury, MA

Page 47 of 85 (1265 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use