Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 45 of 106 (1585 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,584 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,679
Points 248,642
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 5:05 PM

Marie - it is easy... 

Sukochi, My doctors sat me down and told me not to say I am Okay when I am clearly not - they told me that I was not accepting my disease and that it was part of me so I started saying how I was feeling and it has really helped me to accept that I do have several diseases and problems that someday there will be a cure for.  I don't ever mean to bring anyone else down and I do do a lot even though I am hurting... I always try to put a smile on my face and if I can't then I stay home and don't go in front of other people.  They truly told me that I had to accept it and quit trying to think that I would wake up without pain.  I use the Spoon theory and those who don't know it should look it up - but I don't mean ever to bring anyone else down - it is just my life!  

I started sewing the pieces on the sides of my flying geese - finished up the Owls - they are now waiting their backgrounds - finished the trees - they are waiting for the same... Have two sides done of flying geese waiting to be pressed - two sets waiting for their colored pieces... then sew it all together - put it on the center of the quilt top - put the last border on and this quilt will be a top!!!  

DH is making up leftovers for dinner as I used up all my energy and there are plenty of leftovers needing to be eaten... I'll have energy built back up in an hour or so... but then it will be bedtime as church is tomorrow and I got a new calling so have to be there to be set aside and talk to relief society - no going home after sacrament tomorrow... it is okay though... I am preparing by going to bed early!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,679
Points 248,642
Thea replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 2:00 PM

I woke early again this morning but I think while sleeping last night that I ran a marathon.  I woke several times during the night and had to get up and straighten the bed covers... I normally lay down on my side and that is the way I wake up the next morning...but last night I was flopping all night long.  I got off to church on time and stayed through the whole 3 1/2 hours as I received a new calling and was to be set aside at the end of church.  I didn't really think I would make it as I was severely hurting... my shins were screaming at me - told them to behave...I came home and put my feet up in my chair - took pain meds and things are easing up.  Watching the race - it is almost done... so wonderful ... to have made it this far today... I made some cookies the other day and enjoyed some today... yummy... Am trying hard to stay calm and patient so that my body eases up - I wanted to sew today but don't think that is going to happen at the moment - but you never know... things could change...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 2:26 PM

wow, we had a huge wind storm blow through late yesterday and power is off for some 40,000 of us lucky folks.   mom and dad had a huge tree fall on their house.  my brother and nephew had it cleared by 8n this morning and the house is fortunately ok.  power is off though and will be for 1-4 more days

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Glad your folks home is OK and nobody hurt. Scary.

Ugh, no power means no air conditioning in this heat and no refrigeration unless you have generators. Hope that's the case Gini.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 3:02 PM

I'm so thankful that your parents didn't suffer any injuries when the tree fell, Gini.   Hope the power comes back on sooner rather than later.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 3:02 PM

mom and dad have generator, that's most important for them in this heat.  i'll be ok.  sam, of course the guy who can smell disasters coming, is out of town.  I don't know how he does that

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 3:21 PM

I'm glad your parents have a generator.  With Sam gone, maybe you can bunk with them if you get too hot.   Guess that you will have to do applique until the power comes back on.   Whatever you do , have fun doing it.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 3:23 PM

the downtown core where my studio is located has power.  I am down here quilting up a storm.  it cools off enough at night to sleep

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 297
Points 4,855

Hi Gini! This is the second time I've seen mention of a studio downtown. Do you sew and sell? I'm just interested in what you may be doing, if not too nosy of me. Think you mentioned being in CD'A. Love that place. The lake is so gorgeous. When I was still living in MT we went there often.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 11,495
Judi replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 4:01 PM

I confess.  I haven't had a minute to sew in a week.  I fought the battle with the birds to keep them out of my blackberries this season and won. Sort of... After the three weeks if picking, my arms look like I lost a fight with a cat that I tried to bathe.  I do have 18 or more small jam jars finished as well as a few strawberry ones. Perhaps I'll include one in my Secret Santa?  

Since our elderly weimarner (14) has a bad stomach, I make her food.  Now my standard bratty poodle picks out the people food and leaves most of her dog food. If she wasn't so cute, Loveable and good natured, I might ...well, we all love them.

i hope to get at least one of my paper pieced feathered star blocks done tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,882
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 4:41 PM

Gini I'm glad your parents and their home are OK.  The weather sure is crazy these days.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 5:53 PM

thanks kris

springermom,  my quilting was about to overtake my entire house.  sam thought it would be prudent to move my quilting away from the house so he could see the surfaces of the tables, chairs, etc.   his offices and my studio are right across the hall from each other.  I quilt for pleasure, not for profit.  and no, you are not too nosy.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 5:55 PM

and it tickles me no end to refer to my sewing room as a studio, a little more snootchy than "just" a sewing room.   I have a few interesting pieces in progress on the walls here, just in case someone calls me on the studio designation.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 6:02 PM

I think it's time to share a couple of cooling photos. These are along a highway bridge that I have crossed oodles of time, every time in or out of town to bigger centers that have more than the very basic stores. Despite that until Fri I didn't know these actually existed. There is a little general store In the area with Falls in its name.  Never saw sight of them and didn't know if falls actually existed in the area. Just a very short distance off the road Mother Nature has provided a beautiful sight.

The next is from a little further down the river, about mid falls.

I had a bedroom ceiling fan installed this morning to have better air circulation with next to no noise at my sewing machine. I traced a few more embroidery blocks today plus did some piecing and pressing of those seams. After I do the daily dishes I will be heading out for a nice walk. Our temps are below normal so I'm a very happy camper.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 6:05 PM

Gini--Thank goodness your parents are fine and will be able to be comfortable without power. I would be useless in the types of temperatures the areas out west are experiencing.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 45 of 106 (1585 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use