Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 44 of 99 (1479 items) « First ... < Previous 42 43 44 45 46 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,478 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:01 AM

Roxana:

Having a blast at the quilt show in Hershey, PA, with Mimi and Judi.

nice to see you ladies are having so much fun.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:08 AM

Beautiful quilt Michelle and beautiful pictures of nature. You are very busy in Alaska.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:17 AM

Donna, I am happy to hear your DGD1 is doing better and is now able to eat. I understand from a friend that that transition is quite difficult depending on the age of the child.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:23 AM

Sukochi, thank you for letting us know. I will keep Sara's daughter Rachel in my prayers as well as the family.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:26 AM

Thea your pork chops sound soooo good! Makes me want to cook some.

well no sewing yet for me. Laundry, cleaning the kitchen, and DH decided to butcher some of the chicken we raised this year for meat as it is a very cool day today and we want them done before mid August as we are leaving for holidays around the 22 nd.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295

Diana, your sewing room sounds wonderful!   Sounds like we could do a retreat there! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:49 AM

Thea:
Marie, I first what I call sear them on each side.  I put them in the pan and when the color turns white turn them over... if they get a little brown here that is okay... once all the pork chops that I am going to use are seared, I turn the heat to very low - on my stove it is the #1 and I put the cover on the pan - I then usually let them cook like that for about 2 hours - sometimes longer... When I am ready to serve dinner, I make the rest - in the case of last night i made fettocini(sp) noodles and alfredo sauce.  I took the pork chops out of the pan and deboned them(guess that answers the question about bone or not bone) and cut them up in small pieces while the noodles cooked.  I put the alfredo sauce into the juice from the porkchops in the pan they cooked in - stirred it up real good - that and the seasoning that I used on the pork chops makes a real nice sauce... I turn the heat off of this...

Thanks Thea, can't wait to try it this way!  Will let you know when I make them how they turned out.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,618
Points 247,317
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:57 AM

Marie, You are more then welcome.  I learned to cook slowly from my Grandmother - she made the most mouthwatering turkey dinners.  the turkey was never dry and was so moist.  I make it her way and most of the time, my DH gets exasperated - not from how good the turkey is but that he can't get it out of the pan - it almost debones itself... No putting that pretty turkey for carving... I usually just tell people that come for dinner that to save time we carved it ahead of time....:)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40
Quiltea replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:03 AM

Boy those pork chops sound wonderful!  This is my very first post!  I'm not sure how this works so someone can tell me if this isn 't right.  

I am working on a quilt by Kim Diehl right now, for my son's wedding in September.  It is a snowball block with applique.  I have finished the piecing and am starting the applique today.  It called for raw-edge machine applique but since I love hand work, changed it to needle-turn. I have never used the appli-glue method before but am giving it a try this time.  As I only have 6 weeks til the wedding I will have to send the quilt out for quilting.  That doesn't set well with me, wanting to be the one that did the whole quilt, but I don't have the time needed to quilt it by hand.  I was toying with the idea of "utility quilting" or large-stitch quilting.  Anyone have a suggestion?

I'm glad to have found this group and will be a regular soon!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,618
Points 247,317
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:28 AM

to reduce on time I would have done raw edge but I do love the glue down edge method for needle turn - Beth Ferrier teaches a great class in this and has designed a special paper to use that is water soluble - C&T publishing makes it - awesome...

If you really want to quilt it yourself and want it done quickly, and by hand(?) I would use the big stitch method...otherwise I would quilt it on my domestic machine - I can quilt a queen/king size quilt in about 3 days... I used to be able to do one in one day but not anymore... good luck!  

And yes - your post was just fine... welcome to QCA - I am an oldie...but a goodie...teehee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40
Quiltea replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:28 AM

Boy those pork chops sound wonderful!  This is my very first post!  I'm not sure how this works so someone can tell me if this isn 't right.  

I am working on a quilt by Kim Diehl right now, for my son's wedding in September.  It is a snowball block with applique.  I have finished the piecing and am starting the applique today.  It called for raw-edge machine applique but since I love hand work, changed it to needle-turn. I have never used the appli-glue method before but am giving it a try this time.  As I only have 6 weeks til the wedding I will have to send the quilt out for quilting.  That doesn't set well with me, wanting to be the one that did the whole quilt, but I don't have the time needed to quilt it by hand.  I was toying with the idea of "utility quilting" or large-stitch quilting.  Anyone have a suggestion?

I'm glad to have found this group and will be a regular soon!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 4,795

Quiltea, I think every time you see such a special quilt at their home you'll think about not having done it all yourself. You might consider having someone take a nice keepsake photo of you working on the quilt, and frame it. Accompany it with a letter of good wishes, telling them that this special gift is in the process of being hand made just for them. That would give you the extra time you need for hand quilting it yourself. I'll bet the happy couple would not mind waiting for something so special and beautifully done by Mom.  :) 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,735

It's a lovely day today here in the Pacific Northwest. We did yard work before the temps hit into the mid 80's. My white Lace top Hydrangea is nearly in full bloom and so gorgeous. The blooms aren't quite as large or prolific this year but still beautiful. I can barely see it through my sewing room window and I really want to finish my big leaf quilt today. So I've put the photo as my computer wallpaper.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 12:59 PM

Saw a photo of Rachel Wall on Facebook today. She spoke at the Women's Cancer Survivors meeting. Rachel looks beautiful. You would never know she even has a medical problem at all. She is quiet about how sick she is, yet many with pain complain all the time. My DH is like Rachel. He doesn't say anything but I'm fine' when asked yet he he has a disease in his spine that can only be treated with narcotic pain meds. Some days he barely walks and can no longer bend. He is my hero!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 2:04 PM

Thea, I'm definitely going to try the slow and moist cooking concept, sounds good.

Millbury, MA

Page 44 of 99 (1479 items) « First ... < Previous 42 43 44 45 46 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use