Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 43 of 106 (1585 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,584 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 11:53 AM

For those of you who know Sara Wall and know that her daughter Rachel has been battling cancer for some time now, I have an update and it is not good news. Late this month, Rachel is scheduled to have 80% of her liver removed. Please pray for Rachel, Sara and Mike. I know your prayers will mean a lot and God answers prayer. Please don't inundate Sara with emails and messages at this time. Their daughter, Gabi, turned 20 yesterday and they are in celebration mode right now. The calm before the storm.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,478
Points 41,340
Mimi replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 11:59 AM

Sukochi,  Thanks for the news.  So sorry they are going through this right now.  Life can just be darn crappy can't it?  Sara and her daughter will continue to be on my prayer list.  And miracles do happen. God is good all the time.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 12:38 PM

Sukochi, so sorry to hear of this.  My prayers for the whole family are with them.  God Bless.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,382
Points 29,065

Marsha-SM:
Hope to have pictures soon.

This wasn't the place for these 2 posts, but since my picture promise was posted here, I am also posting the pictures here.  First post is copied to the right place and pictures are posted there also.

The picture taken under the clouds is better than the one in the sun!

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,675
Points 248,592
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 4:09 PM

Marsha, Absolutely beautiful.  You have outdone yourself and some kids are going to just love you!  Isn't is wonderful to be done!!! and then we start again!  Oh but we are quiltoholics... 

I have gotten all the 3 flying geese with the strips on each side and realized I cut the strips 1 1/2" instead of 1 3/4" so am in a dilemma(sp) as to what I am going to do - I think just leave them and do cornerstones in each of the corners instead of a continuation of the flying geese block since I really didn't like the way that looked anyway...:) mistake may have been my subconscious telling me I really didn't like this...:)  so we shall see - I have them all pressed and have to sew them together now... 2 sets of 24 and 2 sets of 21... then we shall see - I might add a piece all the way down the sides to make up for the missing 1/2" but we shall see - I have lots of left over fabric... I might take all the colors and do a piece like that going around... that sounds neat to me... see brainstorming with myself as to how to figure this out... 

I, also have all the owl pieces pressed to their fabrics and will fussy cut them tonight... after dinner... I worked in the garden early this morning for about 30 minutes and each of my rose bushes 6 - decided to bite me so my hands are all eaten up - teach me to go out there without my gloves... and my skin is paper thin so had bandaids on for a while to stem the flow... didn't even notice till I saw something drop on my shoe that was red... ouch!  

I then cleaned up the kitchen and started dinner - slow cooking in my fry pan porkchops - I brown them then cook them really slow - I'll make an alfredo gravy with the droppings and serve fettucini noodles - DH loves it... so easy and seems so hard but the porkchops are so tender... I hate dry porkchops... I don't have to be in the kitchen standing either - which is great... 

Doing much better today - only had to take pain meds twice so far... and that is awesome for me...normally I have to take them every 4 hours - today the aches were minimal in between and when it started getting rough I took them again... AWESOME!!!

I am going to drop kick the dachsund across the road into the next county though... I have trained my shepherd to walk with me to the mail box and look for traffic - stay there and guard while I get the mail... the people across the street can not train that dachsund for nothing - it came all the way over into our driveway today barking at me... Abby stayed right next to me but she doesn't understand why that dog is in her front yard... they are lucky she doesn't attack it ... it is aggravating though... I have to stop and hold her till they call their dog and that sometimes takes 5 minutes... I don't dare take a step as it acts like it is going to attack me and if it tried Abby would have it for lunch... People need to control their own animals... if it is out and not on a leash you better be right with it and train it whose yard is whose... this dog is lucky that no cars are coming down the street as it runs straight across the road without stopping.. My Abby won't go near the road...

Oh well, Marsha again - great quilts!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 5:13 PM

Marsha, beautiful quilts, love all your flowered fabrics.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 5:19 PM

Thea, sounds like you are a busy beaver as usual.  Glad you had a good day today only having to take meds twice.  AWESOME!!!!!  Dinner sounds delish, I love pork chops.  Do you buy the boneless or bone in?  And how do you get them so tender?  Brown and cook them slow for how long and do you add liquid of some sort?  I can almost taste yours.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 6:54 PM

Sukochi:
Rachel is scheduled to have 80% of her liver removed
                                                             Sukochi, thank you so much for the update on Sara,s DD Rachel. I will keep them in my prayers, especially for a miracle cure of this nasty disease she is fighting. When we think our aches and pains are bad let us remember what this 20 year old is going through. It humbles me what some people endure in their life time. Oh, Sukochi, its good to see you on here and please keep us updated on Rachel,s surgery.                             Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 7:05 PM

Diana:
My cleaning lady comes this morning
                          Hi Diana, Please send her to down to my house here in North Florida LOL. It good to see you on here as I have not seen you on lately and was thinking about you. Sure wish we could have another retreat  like we did in Sara,s lodge up your way. I miss seeing everyone. When I retire I will try to get to one in Branson.                                Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 2,155

Diane, can't wait to see you in Branson in February. I've been thinking about it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 8:03 PM

sukochi, thanks for the update on sara's daughter

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 6:01 AM

Susan,   If you need a get away, I'm only 40 minutes from the Sara's lodge.  You're always welcome to come and hang out here and we could sew all week and hit all the fabric shops in the area.  I have a quilt studio that has a private bedroom, bath, kitchen and all the sewing machines and fabric you could possibly use.  LOL

I love to have people come and join me in my studio and just have fun.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,675
Points 248,592
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 7:50 AM

Marie:

Thea, sounds like you are a busy beaver as usual.  Glad you had a good day today only having to take meds twice.  AWESOME!!!!!  Dinner sounds delish, I love pork chops.  Do you buy the boneless or bone in?  And how do you get them so tender?  Brown and cook them slow for how long and do you add liquid of some sort?  I can almost taste yours.  LOL

Marie, I first what I call sear them on each side.  I put them in the pan and when the color turns white turn them over... if they get a little brown here that is okay... once all the pork chops that I am going to use are seared, I turn the heat to very low - on my stove it is the #1 and I put the cover on the pan - I then usually let them cook like that for about 2 hours - sometimes longer... When I am ready to serve dinner, I make the rest - in the case of last night i made fettocini(sp) noodles and alfredo sauce.  I took the pork chops out of the pan and deboned them(guess that answers the question about bone or not bone) and cut them up in small pieces while the noodles cooked.  I put the alfredo sauce into the juice from the porkchops in the pan they cooked in - stirred it up real good - that and the seasoning that I used on the pork chops makes a real nice sauce... I turn the heat off of this...

When the noodles were done I poured them into a oblong casserole dish - layered the pieces of pork on top - covered that over with the sauce... I had turned the oven on 200 degrees... I didn't know when DH was going to be in for dinner so covered the dish tightly with alluminum foil and put in the oven... This keeps it moist and juicy and does not dry out the meat.  

It did turn out awesome as DH says... the meat was super tender... I do this same thing with chicken breasts... I cook them real slow and use their juices with the alfredo sauce - My DH loves alfredo sauce... I like the Barillo one that you buy and find in the dairy section of most grocery stores... I abhor the bottled kind that they sell with the spaghetti sauces... when I have time, I make my own... but since I found the Barillo it is my go to for ease.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:51 AM

Susie:

For those that remember her, I got a call from Chicagosinger.  She's doing better.  Had a really bad heart attack a while back but is mending.  She is finally able to sit at her machine for a little bit each day, but cannot yet manage the computer.  She's working on it so she can get back to us soon!  She wanted me to let you all know that she is thinking about everyone!

Susie thank you for the update. I've been wondering what was happening with Chicagosigner too. The last communication I had with her was in the winter and things were rough then.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:59 AM

MamaG Donna, I really like your apron with the embroidery. It's fun!

Angèle  from NWO

Page 43 of 106 (1585 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use