Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 42 of 111 (1664 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,663 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 10:41 AM

Michelle, love the haircut!  Your quilt is lovely, especially the colors.  Wish I could be there when you eat that fish your hubby caught, it's HUGE!  Hubby looks happy.  Beautiful sunset and the reflection on the tree is awesome.  Looks like a sad lonely moose, didn't like what he found, the RV.  Enjoy the rest of your vacation, I'd never want to come home.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 10:45 AM

Donna, love your apron!  You have a sweet smile.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 11:49 AM

Dawn:
The kids are great, but I have so gotten used to it just being DH and I.  
                       OH, how I can relate to that Dawn . I love seeing them, but after a few days Im ready for quiet time. I feel for grandparents who raise their grandchildren.  Spoil them and send them home is my motto.     Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 5:58 PM

Susan, that is what I like to do!  It is nice to have them for a week, as 3 of them live 4 hours away and we don't get so spend much time w/them.  It just happened this year to be 3 weeks straight.  But I made it!  DGS3 is having time to readjust to being back home, he was gone for 2 weeks.  DD & DGD1 got home Friday night.  We went out to lunch today after church and DGD1 was reading the menu to see what she wanted to order to eat!  Being almost 7 and NEVER doing that before is such a joy!!  I pray she keeps eating and we can get her tube removed soon!!!  DD said they will wait for 6 mos. before taking it out.  They have also changed her formula, which has aspartame in it.  The side effects of which are shakiness.  So praying that this new formula will work better for her.  Anyway, just praising the Lord for her starting to really eat, real food!  For her chewing and swallowing!  Prayers appreciated that it continues and that DGD2 and DGS3 let Mommy be while she tends to DGD1.  She still has to put the food in DGD1's mouth and hold the cup for her to drink because of the shakiness.  

Well, going to find something to watch on Hulu or Netflix. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Thanks Marie. 

Michele awesome pics.

I leave for FL & DC on Wednesday I'll be gone for a month & no sewing. I'm going to freak out.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 11:06 PM

I decided at the last minute to join sam I seattle.   I have been playing with the baby, who is getting pretty danged funny,  we sit around and laugh at her.  I'll head home on Thursday then I will only have a week to finish up the quilts for the show.  I'll be a busy girl, but playing with Elza has been worth it

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 2,195

I had my 12 yr old DGD with me over the weekend and we made a quilt.she did most of the sewing. We had a great time. Can't seem to post a picture of it. My iPad keeps going crazy.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 6:01 PM

Update on my "quilt marathon"!!  I have been without internet since last Friday.  Our old dial-up modem was getting slower and slower so decided to upgrade to a new one.  Bad idea!  It didn't install properly and messed up the computer.  After troubleshooting all weekend and finally calling Tech at Verizon, we both gave up after 2 hours on the phone.  To get the new one working, I will have to go to a REAL Verizon store - 50 miles away.  We have many Verizon "places" in every town near here, but they as well as Walmart are just "dealers" and know nothing about what they are selling.  You have to call Verizon yourself to get set up.  The installation of the new modem messed up settings for old one and after we gave up and switched phone number back to old modem it wouldn't work.  Computer failed to recognize it.  The last restore point before the installation try that my computer had was July 19.  I finally bit the bullet and restored the computer to the state it was then.  The only thing that "messed up" was Google's Chrome.  I had to re-install it tonight after I got the old modem working again.

Now I can communicate again with the outside world.  I have one quilt completely finished, washed, but not pictured because of the RAIN!  I will finish the handwork on the second tonight and get it washed tomorrow after my therapy.  I sure need it after wrestling with these quilts!!  I finished the quilting on the third last night and just need to trim it and add binding, then more on-the-road handwork.  Unfortunately, my on-the-road will be me behind the wheel to go to various Dr. appointments Thursday and Friday, so not much quilting time or hand sewing time.  The sun is finally shining now, but more rain in forecast for tomorrow and Thursday.  Maybe pictures Friday afternoon - - - I hope. Fourth quilt will be ready to quilt this weekend.  It will be MQ 8 because grandson hasn't brought me his Deer quilt top yet.  I needed more practice before tackling this one, but am dealing better with new machine.  Getting tensions balanced was no fun, but the machine seems to be cooperating now.  I have to clean it twice per quilt - - loads of lint, but I prefer cotton thread.

Hope to have pictures soon.  Everyone have fun with your many projects.  I am having fun with this one because of the variety of the quilts and the quilting.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Can't wait to see the pics Marsha. 

Well I'm all packed and ready to go. Just one problem. I really don't want to go. Pray for me guys. This stupid trail is going to be the death of me. 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 15,730
qcarachel replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:03 AM

Hey Quilters!

I've been a busy gal at work and have not had time to read through this thread. Looks like everyone is staying busy through these last months of summer. Hope all is well with each and every one of you!

I'm running a race this week. It's a cross country road race for the National Balloon Festival in Indianola, IA. The course this year is "hilly and extremely challenging." My legs are already screaming. Wish me luck!

Best to all of you!

QCA Rachel

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 11:01 AM

Good luck on your race, Rachel!  Let us know how you do.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 3:28 PM

Rachel, will be praying for your legs!

I think I am mostly recovered from Grandkid over load.  I am in still no mood to cook.  Poor DH.  I did make myself mow.  Will do dishes and clean the house tomorrow.  Will work on a quilt tonight.

That's it!  :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 3:34 PM

Good Luck Rachel.

Dawn don't you hate it when housework gets in the way of quilt making. I know I hate it. I have had DGS1 most of this week. I don't do any sewing when he is here. He wants to touch everything, push every button, and turn every knob. I'm afraid he will get hurt. So I don't go into my sewing room.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 5:33 PM

Yes, Weezee, I do! I don't blame you about the sewing w/DGKs, you just don't want to risk them getting hurt!    If I get stuff done tonight and tomorrow, I can work on quilt most of tomorrow and Saturday morning.  Won't have much time on Saturday as my Aunt and Uncle are here from Georgia.  Haven't seen them in awhile, so it will be nice!  DH is taking the day off tomorrow, to finish siding the garage.  I was mean and told him I wouldn't be able to help him as I have a ton of stuff to do inside!    Well, back to it!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 4:44 AM

Hi Gang,   Today is going to be productive, I hope.  My cleaning lady comes this morning.  Last night I made macaroni w/tuna salad and roasted turkey tenderloins.  That way I don't need to stop sewing and I can get something accomplished down there.  I've already started to cut some things for the Branson retreat in February.  I know it's a whole lot early, but I always seem to wait until last minute to decide.  This time I'll be ready..lol   I've got lots of kits so have to decide which ones to cut and sew. 

My niece won't be coming next weekend.  She has to have extra tests done after an abnormal Mammography and she'll have to pay for part of them.  I know how hard it can be when health insurance doesn't cover everything.  I just hope maybe I can go over there sometime soon and give her those quilting lessons.

Diana in East Tn.  

• | Post Points: 50
Page 42 of 111 (1664 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use