Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 40 of 72 (1066 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,065 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 11:16 AM

I'm making dinner chicken soup and chicken casserole normally don't make two things but its one of those days.  Yesterday I went and picked up a new sewing table for cutting fabric got a deal at thrift store its golden oak 6' rectangle and will serve the purpose well for quilting.  I'm still crowded in little sewing room but i needed to replace my other one because it was a trestle and i couldn't store anything under it.  This one is 42" x 6' I think i'll be able to pin my quilt sandwhich from the table now and not injure my ankle on the floor.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 240
Points 12,160
qcarachel replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 3:19 PM

Howdy quilters!

I hope each and every one of you is doing well. After reading the posts about bumps, bruises, and sickness; I'm thinking of all of you!

After a lovely weekend on the Mississippi (Side note: I fell of a dock into the Mississippi. And now have a foot long bruise up my leg. Ouch!), I am back to the work grind. The good news is: it is excellent work and includes planning for even more exciting stuff to happen on QCA :) Tonight I am going to celebrate a friend's birthday. Every Wednesday in the summer, the Des Moines Zoo holds Zoo Brew. The theme tonight is Christmas in July-we will see what that holds!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 802
Points 12,980

Rachel so glad your ok & just ended up with a bruise. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 5:26 PM

Rachel, so sorry to hear about your fall, I'm glad you only got a bruise. Hope your leg feels better soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 7:53 PM

wow qcrachel take care bruises can be serious.  I'm thinking about taking mini vacation as winter is fast approaching.  i don't go hardly anywhere in the winter.  I'm calling 50 outside winter as i like the 80'

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 907
Points 16,795

Last week I stopped in a LQS in San Antonio & fell in love with the Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000!   Brother is having a sale (Great 0 interest financing) so after pondering & trying to justify spending that amount of money I decided to buy it.  I went in this afternoon & bought it!  It comes with a large nice fabric rolling case,  matching large bag for accessories, a machine cover & lots of accessories.  It has all kinds of bells & whistles and the quilt store also provides free lessons & fabric discounts.  I'm so excited &  can hardly wait to set it up & get started sewing on it tomorrow.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 11:38 PM

Patricia Your new Dreamweaver sounds great. Post pictures when you can.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,350
Points 28,505
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 9:23 AM

Susie:

For those that remember her, I got a call from Chicagosinger.  She's doing better.  Had a really bad heart attack a while back but is mending.  She is finally able to sit at her machine for a little bit each day, but cannot yet manage the computer.  She's working on it so she can get back to us soon!  She wanted me to let you all know that she is thinking about everyone!

Susie, thanks so much for the report on Chicagosinger.  I got a quick note from her after her heart attack and wrote back to her to encourage her, but haven't heard anything since.  I have worried about her ever since.  It is good to hear she is mending.  The computer is quite stressful, so hopefully she will just keep to what he likes to do and keep her stress-levels low.  

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 623
Points 10,745
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:03 AM

Hi all, 

I have been remodeling a room for a catch all & quilt room. I ache all over after installing the flooring myself-it's vinyl, but still it hurt to be on the concrete slap, and moving the heavy items in the room by myself.  I am still not done, but nearing the end. I had adjustable shelves/ cabinets built in, and that helped me take all of my fabric out of bins so I can now see what I have- this craft is so expensive !!! You know how it is when you start a project, something unexpected always comes up.  I found I had cracks in the foundation that I needed to repair. I had my foundation fixed last year so these don't signal an issue.  Then where I had a floor plug someone had put a rocky layer of concrete, so I had to fix this, it's still not perfect. Then the way this home was built it did not have a light switch, something that had bothered me for years, so I called out milestone electric and they wanted $1200.00 + I had to pay them $70.00 to come out. Now I did have other things I needed done, but I told the guy to leave my home, then he kept trying to tell me that my breaker box was not up to date, I knew differently, told him to leave. I then called a guy I had used years past, glad that he was still in business...two guys came out and charged me $321.00..and no service fee. I will never call Milestone ever again!!  I better get to moving, got move some heavy furniture around.  BTW, I won't be quilting for awhile, I am so tired of this room right now...lol.  

I will post pictures when I get it all done.    

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 802
Points 12,980

Zoetc I was feeling so bad for you right up until I got to the BTW then you made me laugh.

This was my quick project for the day.  Spruced up my cooking/canning apron.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 1:33 PM

Mamag cute embroidery on your apron .

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,859
Points 32,260
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 1:47 PM

Having a blast at the quilt show in Hershey, PA, with Mimi and Judi.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,586
Points 47,635
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 1:54 PM

ROXANA! You have all the fun.  I'm beginning to wonder if you ever stay home!  Say hi to Mimi and Judi!  I finally signed up for the weekend trip to Houston this fall.  Are you going?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 3:26 PM

Spent a few hours at DH work day party for family which was outside and came home totally exhausted.  Have two cheater quilts sandwhiched  my new table made that job easy.  Now i'm trying to find out more about the quilt blocks i just bought today i guess i'm going to have to shop hop to get more state blocks.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,140
Points 14,755
Dawn replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 4:19 PM

I am excited to go to the AQS quilt show in Des Moines again!  DDIL's Mom is hopefully going with and maybe my DSIL.  It was so much fun last year!

Well, my 3 weeks of having grands is coming to an end today. DD is coming home and we are grilling supper.  Then she will take home her kiddos.  It has been fun, but I am super tired.  DGS3 is having a fit right now, as DH is outside and he isn't!  He has been standing at the door for 10 minutes, watching DH.  I finally got him outside, after he opened the door and I told him to close it.  He just bawled and bawled.  I snuggled him and DH said it was ok to send him out.  DH is getting the fire going for supper, so I wanted to make sure it was ok to send DGS3 out.  We use wood to grill, an old tractor tire rim and old fridge grates.  The BEST!!!  :-)

Ok, got everything ready, ribs, steak, tators, mushrooms, onions and green beans.  Won't need to eat tomorrow!  LOL!

Everyone have the most wonderful weekend!  We will be siding the garage, hoping to finish it tomorrow!

Page 40 of 72 (1066 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use