Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 38 of 62 (928 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 927 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 1:30 PM

Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone and Marie, I have already read one of the latest books out about Charleston SC area.  My daughter took it home and brought me a whole bag of other books, but after a while you just get tired of reading too.   I JUST WANT TO QUILT- of course that is just because I can't.  I could get so much accomplished while I can't watch the baby.   Had to go out and shore up my one tomato plant that got too heavy with tomatoes on one branch.  If they all ripen, I will be in hog heaven with my seedless tomatoes.      Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,840
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 8:13 PM

I'm pickiin a few tomatoes here and there but most are still green.

Got my center on my quilt attached and then decided to run t o local shop for shearing up or encouragement tips for finishing my design.  After taking a long break from quilting it felt like i didn't even know how to sew a straight seam but thats ok i was sewing in the round.  With the advice of applique and cut away i will get this quilt done.

Thanks thea on advice for neighbors.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 217
Points 10,075
qcarachel replied on Fri, Jul 18 2014 9:23 AM

Good morning lovely quilters!

It's finally Friday! After a jam-packed week at work catching up from my vacation days, I am ready to relax. Two of my gal pals and I are going up to our cabin on the Mississippi this weekend. I haven't been in quite a while, but I distinctly remember sitting on Adirondack chairs on the huge wrap around porch over looking the Mississippi. I cannot wait.

PS Have you checked out my editor's blog lately? I have been writing up a storm!

Best,

QCA Rachel

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 778
Points 12,600

Ok Rachel you do entirely too much traveling. Not fair. Have fun be safe. We are going camping this weekend. Hope the weather holds up. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 599
Points 9,530
Joyce replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:17 AM

Ginny I'm sorry you are down and without projects.  I missed the post if you said if you broke your leg.  I guess it is time to just sit back and relax and watch Hallmark movies.  I have a friend in SC that took a fall this week and broke her ankle  She can't get around at all now and has a heavy cast up to her knee.  Hope you heal quickly.

Joyce

from Maryland

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 5:41 AM

Joyce, It is not that I am without projects, I just can't do any of them because it requires that I either put the right leg down or use it at the sewing machine with my knee pedal.   I didn't break my leg, but I might as well have with all of the pain and swelling that I am having.   

I feel at the hospital, on my knee.  Since I am on coumadin, there is an extreme amount of swelling and bleeding into surrounding tissues.

I had to go back to the hospital yesterday due to the pain from the swelling and the fact that now my blood was too thin---and they were afraid that I was getting an infection from all of this.  

I am back home now after they did more tests and ultra sounds and xrays to make certain that I didn't have a blood clot.  Shot me up with some IV morphine and when the pain was under control they sent me home to follow up with an orthopedic Dr. next week.

I am exhausted from all of this to say the least, but at some point, I will survive it all.     Thanks for your kind thoughts.  Think that I will sit back and read some.      Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 6:36 AM

Ginny, guess if you are gonna fall the hospital is a good place for it to happen. I pray all turns out ok and this heals really quick.

I have been away for awhile. One medical problem, for both of us, that is causing the bills to flood the mailbox. Boo!

I hope all of you in Washington were well away from that terrible fire that burned 100 homes yesterday. We are having unseasonably cool weather with lots of rain. Walking the dogs in the woods just after sunrise in the cool morning air is wonderful.

Not doing any quilting right.now. Just not feeling creative, I

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 3:05 PM

Oh Sukochi,  I can really appreciate your comment about the big bills from medical problems.  With all of the things that have happened to me in the past year it is becoming unreal.  Hope that your medical problems are getting under control.   

All I know is that this time, anything that my medicare insurance doesn't cover had better be covered by the hospital or heads will roll.   I have put them on notice that the carpeting that caused the fall needs to be removed and that handrails need to be put up in the halls.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,208
Points 16,210
Susan replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 6:34 PM

Sukochi:
Not doing any quilting right.now. Just not feeling creative
                                      Sukochi, Sorry to hear about your medical problems and resulting bills. You sound kind of down in the dumps right now, so I want you to know Im happy to see you on here anyway. And I will keep you in my prayers. I sure can relate to medical problems and bills, too. I sure wish we had some of that cool weather here in North Florida. I really dislike the heat and cant wait for fall to be here . You   keep in touch with us as we all can  help support you through this trying time.     Hugs,   Susan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 778
Points 12,600

Gone camping. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,446
Points 176,303
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 9:07 AM

Donna, beautiful spot to camp!  Romantic sunset!  

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 9:24 AM

Susan and Ginny thanks for the kind words. 

The older we get seems the more doctors we attract. Such is life. Ginny, your Medicare won't cover an accident, will it? The hospital should pick up the entire cost, and pay for pain and suffering. Get a lawyer!

Feeling a bit more creative today. Will wonder in to the sewing room and see what I can get in to.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,129
Points 17,430
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:25 AM

Mamag looks like you found a great place to camp.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 14,655
Dawn replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:39 AM

On my last week w/having grands.  It has been fun spending time w/them all!  Each one so very different, yet a little the same too.  

DD & DGD1 are doing great up at Mayo.  DGD1 is EATING!!!!  They are talking now of removing her tummy tube!  I am beyond happy!  Thankful that God answers prayers!  She still doesn't get excited to eat, and does drink her formula, but at least the pump and all that goes w/it isn't needed now!!!  She is up there this week and then they come home this Friday.  Can't wait to see her eat things!!!

Have a blessed day!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 11:30 AM

Dawn, that is great news about your DGD starting to eat.   So glad.   Happy that you have enjoyed having your DGK stay this summer.     Ginny

Page 38 of 62 (928 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use