Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 37 of 111 (1662 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,661 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,915
Points 41,005
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 8:38 PM

Sewed a bit on quilt the other day!  DH came home from work and he was wound tighter than a spring gee i have to remember to give him more time to unwind before going out for dinner yeesh. worked on deweeding flower beds a ton of work but i didn't marry a gardener no help there.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,713
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 10:48 PM

Rachel, thanks for sharing your pictures, beautiful mountains!  Nice one of you and dad!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 6:58 AM

Is, sounds like you didn't have a very good outing for supper.  Yes, I think that I would let him unwind more before venturing out with him after work.  LOL 

I know completely, very completely about not marrying a gardener.  My ex would't do anything outside. I was the one who cut the grass, planted the garden and weeded it too.   Right now after my fall I can't do anything.  My weeding in the garden won't get finished or done anymore for the year.   My son does cut the grass now and does most things that I ask of him, but weeding in not included in that,

Right now, I can't even work on my nephew's wedding quilt.  I need to use my right leg to operate the machine and can't tolerate the pain to put it down or press on the foot pedal.    Guess it won't get done in a timely manner--or will anything else for that matter.     Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 9:05 AM

Ginny--Take care of yourself, You have only one body that has to last a lifetime. If quilting is on vacation as a result ,so be it. They either wait for the gift or you shelve the project. It becomes whatever works. Make sure your leg is fully healed before you get back to sewing. Rushing it might cause more lasting damage. Hopefully all will sort out sooner rather than later.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Ginny, so sorry about the problems that your fall has caused. I'm sure its terribly frustrating to have your quilting and all other activities affected as well. Hoping relief from the pain comes soon!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 10:10 AM

Thank you Agnes and Springermom for your commiserating with me about my present frustrations.   I just wish that there was something that I could do without further pain and injury.  I had been going to do some red work when I got caught up on my other projects, but I didn't buy anything yet.   It seem that everything that I want to do takes being able to stand up or get down on my knees or use that right leg and now I can'r do any of it.  Can't even go to the basement to do laundry or clean house.   What a useless waste of time I am being forced to spend.   Grrrrrr     Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 3:06 PM

ginny, I could  send some of my projects I have already prepped.  :  )

seriously, do you have a project I could prep for you?  I wouldn't mind.  if you have a redwork project that needs to be traced or what ever.   I hate for you to go stark raving mad without anything to do.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 3:17 PM

I would love to take you up on the offer Gini, but I really don't have anything in mind now.  I had liked the snowmen projects, but never got myself composed enough to do anything about it.  Thought that I might get online and see if I could find anything..   But thanks for the offer.       Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 4:44 PM

the offer is open if you think of something, ginny

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 7:07 PM

Thanks so much, you are a doll to be so thoughtful,Gini       Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

I went serger thread shopping today. Got maxi lock now time to thread it. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,915
Points 41,005
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 7:42 AM

DH did comehome and pull out the weed eater and my son cut the lawn while i pulled out what i call the ratchetting lopper , in the back of my lot i have a cyclone fence  my neighbor in back on the other hand lets weeds grow til they become trees what a mess though she has beautiful flower beds on her sides she does nothing with the back of her lot claiming she likes the privacy and i do understand she is young a mother of five and has her hands full but each time i start trimming on my side i get the privacy remarks she does have a mouth on her.  I told DH if we do move I want the landscaping to be new so weeds are not growing through the plastic.

Ginny take it easy so everything mends right.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,362
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 7:50 AM

Is - is there some kind of bush that you can plant back there that would give the privacy but look pretty too!  Maybe you can talk to her about that and both win!  Worth a try!  We had what I call Nasty North Neighbor for years after we moved here.  We never did figure out why they hated us so much till later when we heard that they had tried to buy the house we were in but couldn't get  a mortgage for it... we have a well and a septic tank and the VA doesn't normally give loans to buy a house if you have less then an acre of land - but they waiver just about anything - we put in for the waiver and got it approved... when they had attempted to buy our house they never asked for the waiver so it was all our fault I guess... but we just adjusted... they did some very nasty things to us too - but now they are gone and we have nice north neighbor and she is a sweety... we had put up a tall privacy fence but in the last 5 years we have been tearing it down.  We never were able to make friends with the Nasties but I did try over the years... I always say nothing ventured nothing gained and sometimes it works... i prayed for a friendship and got a new neighbor...

Ginny - you take care of yourself... there is no rush to anything... I think I read where you do still do hand embroidery - so maybe for you like me last year it is a time to pull out the skeins and have a go!  I have learned that I do need to do that down time to heal after surgeries or I will wish I had as the down time becomes longer... Thoughts and prayers coming!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,713
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 8:17 AM

Ginny, now's the time to catch up on your reading, you take care of yourself, hear?  :  )    My thoughts and prayers are with you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 10:09 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

I went serger thread shopping today. Got maxi lock now time to thread it.

Have fun, I know mine can be tricky.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 37 of 111 (1662 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use