Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 31 of 64 (948 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 947 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,515
Points 25,355
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 5:54 AM

Roxana:
THEY HAD THE LEMON OREOS!

OOH, need to go find these.  love lemon anything.  

haven't been on here lately but read all the posts in email.  having some health issues and tomorrow go find out my bloodwork results - testing for arthritis.  seems everything is happening at once.  will let y'all know.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Debbie, so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you get some answers and some solutions. (((Hugs)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:00 AM

Debbie--I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather!  Sending good hugs and healing vibes!

This past weekend was a bust in that I was supposed to be the only one home all weekend.  Nope...didn't happen.  Ex-sil didn't pick the girlies up, so they were home all weekend.  Not a big deal, but my plan to sew all weekend was tossed.  DS came home early, with another friend--so we are up to 3-21 y/o boys...  DD BF came home after work, taking us up to 4 boys 21-24.  BF did take the girlies to see the fireworks, so I had a bit of peace.  But my living room became video game central with 3 computers and 1 laptop all gaming.  Plus my TV for my movies. 

There were a LOT of people in my already crowded room.  But we did have fun.  I was able to get 2 tops done, and several table toppers (about 12" around) put together and quilted--just need binding. 

Tried to go on my shop hop on Saturday.  Got 1/2 way to the first one and the little one tossed her cookies in the car.  Stop at the gas station, change her into a football jersey.  Washed her jammies & stuffed kitty in the bathroom and got her some 7up.  Got to the 1st shop--it was closed!  Stopped at McD and she tossed again.  Dang!  Cleaned her up and changed her into DS's dress shirt he left in the car.  Headed to the next shop.  Tossed again as we got to the parking lot.  Cleaned her up a 3rd time.  Got my fabric that I NEEDED for a swap and headed home.  Did I mention that the 1st shop was 1 1/2 hours from home?  Otherwise we would have turned right around...

Poor baby...it's tough enough being sick when you are old enough to understand it.  But at 5, it's horrible!  And she was so upset that she got her kitty all icky!  She was much better on Sunday.  But my sewing was sure cut short...and my hop was pretty much a bust for the day.  I'm going to end up taking a day off work to hop.

Here are the two tops I did get done--mostly from exchange blocks.  I know...the rwb one is really fuzzy!  Boys couldn't seem to hold it still long enough to get a good shot.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,975
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:04 AM

Debbie:

haven't been on here lately but read all the posts in email.  ....

Debbie, we've missed you. I was just thinking of emailing you this morning to check on you. I hope all is well. Seems health issues become more prominent with each birthday. Better than the alternative though. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. Hang in there! Hugs!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,975
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:05 AM

Susie, I love both of your quilts. Thanks for sharing them. Did you post them in your personal gallery? You should!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:20 AM

Hmmm...I didn't think of putting them in my gallery...thanks, Roxana!  I will do that now.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,125
Pat A replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:23 AM

Been so busy with outdoor work and cleaning out closets, etc in prep for putting house on the market.  I've packed up 21 dozen canning jars (all sizes) and put on Craigs List to sell.  Had a lot of interest and some will go out the door tomorrow and the rest on Saturday.  I knew I had a lot of jars (some were my mothers and some are mine) but had no idea how many.  Just knew my pantry was stuffed!   Be glad to get rid of them.

Today I am cleaning up the house and my sewing table (jar leftovers are littering it) and I am determined that regardless of anything else that comes up I am sewing.  Even if it is just for a little bit.  I want to finish getting the borders on my Orion Star.  Have 3 sides of inside border completed.

It has been so long since I have played with my fabric.   Couldn't stgand it any longer.  On my way to Walmart on Saturday I had to pass my LQS.  Yep.  I stopped.  Found some nice FQ's and an Audrey Hepburn panel. My oldest granddaughter loves Audrey Hepburn so I bought it.  Now I'm trying to decide how to put it together to make a throw for her.   Also bought some white fabric for background (or backing) just because.  Spent more than I should have but not as much as I could have so I think I did okay!   It felt so good! 

Back to it.  This isn't getting the house cleaned up!

Have a great day ladies.

Pat A. in KY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 17,475
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 10:04 AM

Susie sorry to hear about the little one being so sick. Your quilts looks great.

Debbie Great to hear from you, hope your blood work come out good.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 12:19 PM

Susie

Beautiful quilt tops.  Sounds like you had a hectic weekend.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Love both of your quilts Susie.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 3,245
hhhdmh replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 12:54 PM

I made 2 more sets of 10 for the charity group I am a member of. These will be made into quilts for out veterans.

God Bless

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 1:03 PM

Darlene more beautiful blocks.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,975
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 1:06 PM

Darlene, I love your work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 1:07 PM

very nice, darlene

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 1:11 PM

Debbie, i'm sorry to hear you have been ill,   hope the blood results turn out good for you

Susie,  just curious here, after all those boys, is there any food left in your house?  I found when our girls were dating, that after a houseful of boys left, it was like a plague of locusts had descended

gini in north idaho

Page 31 of 64 (948 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use