Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 29 of 40 (590 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 589 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 187
Points 3,210
hhhdmh replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 8:03 AM

Thanks Weezee

God Bless

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 690
Points 10,750

Spud.  I never thought I'd have an addiction to fabric let alone thread.  But I was so wrong.  I'm dangerous

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Donna, I'm really picky about my thread. I have found what works for me and I stick with it.  The biggest problem with the thread is the cones that work on the quilt machine are really expensive, especially if I need to order more than one at a time LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 10:49 AM

Thanks for the welcome back everyone.   I have missed chatting with you guys too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,370
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 6:59 PM

Maggie sorry to hear about your pup.  Mine is like 10 and i worry each time itake her to vet because of reactions.

Nana so glad to see you!

I had a curio cabinet shelve crash and lost some collectibles recently so i told DH to take it out of house now my quilting table is covered with figurines...I just don't know when i'll be able to finish my quilt .

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 690
Points 10,750

Spud - Which quilting machine do you have.  Is it a long arm?  Alex Veronelli the Aurifil thread maker is a really nice man.  He follows me on twitter and messages me.  He is one tour visiting quilt shops.  He was in Virginia yesterday, not sure where he is going from there.  Yes it is expensive but worth it.  It just seems that my machine sews better (smoother) with it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,732
Points 30,005
Roxana replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 10:19 PM

Nana, we are all glad you are here. We have missed you.

Today, my sewing Bee from my local quilt guild went for a day on the town in Hot Springs for lunch and shopping. Then tonight, I've been working on beds for our local humane society out of fabric scraps. I'm hoping to drop them off this weekend.

Maggie, my thoughts are with you.

Have a happy 4th of July, everyone! (And happy belated independence day to you, Darlene!)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Donna, I have a 17" Nolting Fun Quilter and it likes the Signature and King Tut thread. For piecing I use the cotton thread from Connecting Threads and it works well for me. I tried the aurfill and I had too much fuzz so went back to my CT thread.  We all seem to find what works for us and it is so nice that we have a choice. I can remember when I started sewing many many years ago, if you did not like Coats and Clark you were out of luck. LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,732
Points 30,005
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 8:40 AM

The thread really does make a difference. It seems different machines work better with different threads too. I love King Tut for quilting. I also love using Bottom Line in my bobbin whether I am piecing or quilting. Both are by Superior.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 690
Points 10,750

I agree ladies. I don't have a longarm yet one day soon I hope. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,343
Points 414,734
gini replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 11:52 PM

i hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 15,545

Thanks Gini, I hope you and everyone did too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 12:38 PM

I am still trying to recuperate from all the activity yesterday...LOL>   Think I will just have a lazy day today.  Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

I agree with the others, I hope you all had a wonderful Independence day. We had a very laid back day yesterday. We went to a BBQ and then came home and just tried to stay cool. 

This morning I got another block made for my Patriotic wall quilt, they are turning out really nice. I thought I would also get some done on my Pineapple quilt but I started too late and it got hot in my room so I guess I will have to learn to get started earlier. LOL Maybe I will spend some time working on the Jump Start lesson this afternoon. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 2:32 PM

Yesterday I spent in my sewing room trying to better organize patterns. I put all the candle mat, rug mug, table runners, and table toppers in page protectors and a large 3" notebook. I need to  do the same thing with all my star patterns...blocks, QOV, wall hangings, bed quilts. That way when I'm looking for something specific I can find it right away. Right now they are all in a file box and I have to look thru huge files to find anything. It's getting easier.

I also started making aprons. One down 7 to go. I'm fitting in a couple that are Christmas presents while I do an order for church.

Also spent yesterday and today planning my vacation to Wisconsin to see my brother. Also going to meet a friend from another quilt group that lives near my brother. There just happens to be 2 quilts shows going on in the same week in Oshkosh. And on my way home hoping to stop off in Milwaukee for a day or 2 to visit some friends that I know from AZ. They winter in AZ and attended the church I went to when I lived there. I need a vacation and this couldn't be better. I have the Amtrak miles for the trip so travel won't cost me anything. Anyone one from Menasha, Appleton, Oshkosh or Milwaukee?

Page 29 of 40 (590 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use