Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 28 of 52 (774 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 773 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,230
Deb replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 4:21 PM

Nice to meet ya, Rachel! Love the quilt! If you go into quilt modeling make sure you post lots of pictures for all of us to enjoy!!! Thank you for all the work you do on here!😄

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 743
Points 11,795

Thanks Thea. Somehow I got it done. Love how the Aurifil variegated thread is quilting. Too cool. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Very cute Donna! I use variegated thread all the time, I really like the way it looks especially on the back.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 9:06 PM

Thanks Nana!

God Bless

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 9:22 PM

Thanks

God Bless

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 600
Points 10,405
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 9:36 PM

MaggieNae:

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Some of my family may have heard, but so far I’ve kept this to myself.  I tend to become a blubbering mess at these times, and usually cannot talk when I have to explain what has happened, especially when it is still so new.  After a very short battle with autoimmune hemolytic anemia, my dog Fannie passed away on Friday.  It was a shock even though I knew she was ill.  We had a vet appointment later that day for some follow up to the visit we had on Wednesday.    Anyone who knows me at all knows how much I love my dogs, and how it breaks my heart each time I lose one, no matter how it happens.  I lost my Tinkerbell two years ago and decided to let Fannie move up to #1 doggie position.  Now am left with only the cat, Bitty for company.  I’m afraid she’s never really liked me that much and I have to mug her for hugs.   Fannie was not only a beautiful girl with striking eyes, she was a lovely soul who was so amiable that she was never skunked even though she would always greet any critter passing the yard (unless you happened to be a squirrel).  She was also a very patient and, as it turns out playful aunty to all the foster dogs that have come through our lives. 

Even though she kept a shyness with strangers I could pat my shoulder and say “closer” then she would move in for a hug.  Now I have no one to spoon and will miss her very much.

Thank you for listening.

Maggie,

I had to put my older girl down about 6 months ago. I called her my golden child as she cost me a ton of money. She too had IMHA, I was lucky in that she made it through. She was 7 when she got it and it was cause by her getting medication for a bladder infection. I was able to keep her going for another 7 years, but each day was touch and go. Right after I got her pulled though the hard part, my older BC got cancer and died 8 months later, then a year went by then my younger started having seizures and  a year later I had to put him down. I love my dogs very much, but when a condition like these things come up, I have decided that I will do what is best for me and the animal.  I am so very sorry for your loss, I do know how hard it is. Please, do go out and either help foster or get a pup that needs you.     

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 600
Points 10,405
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 9:54 PM

After living in my small home for 16 years I have decided to do what I want with the master bedroom. My 90 year older neighbor and his son came over and built me cabinets with adjustable shelves. My home is small --so now, I am going to be able to bring my sewing machine out of the kitchen and put it by the window and then take my fabric out of the small bedroom closet and put it into the cabinets ( when I get them painted). I Hope I will be able to toss out some junk, I am excited to get this going. I have an electrician coming over tomorrow to move the plugs out of the cabinets and add another plug on the higher wall for the TV.  My home is a mess right now, but not too much longer.  Now I will just need to find or make a small table.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,073
Points 16,460
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:06 PM

Darlene your blocks are wonderful.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,073
Points 16,460
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:10 PM

Rachel, you look great and the quilt does too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 6:18 AM

Rachel, you're as cute as a button!  Beautiful smile!  Didn't even notice the quilt first time around. 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 6:20 AM

OMG, it's Nana!  So nice to see you here, I've missed you so much.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,782
Points 30,900
Roxana replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 6:33 AM

Love the picture, Rachel! Thanks for sharing it. Aren't Nancy Mahoney's quilts wonderful?!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 7:31 AM

QCA Rachel - great photo op.  Both the quilt and you are delightful.

Nana - I couldn't believe my eyes.....good to see you posting again.  Welcome back.  I, for one, have missed you on this site.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 367
Points 7,255
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 7:54 AM

I finally got back into my sewing room after having my grandkids here camping out in it. I got started on my Labyrinth pattern, my friend picked it out to go on her new bed, they just moved here....YAY!! Soon I can get started on a quilt for me!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,782
Points 30,900
Roxana replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 7:57 AM

tnmtgrl:

I finally got back into my sewing room after having my grandkids here camping out in it. I got started on my Labyrinth pattern, my friend picked it out to go on her new bed, they just moved here....YAY!! Soon I can get started on a quilt for me!!

Jen, I can't wait to see your Labyrinth top! Isn't it a good feeling to do something for yourself?!

Page 28 of 52 (774 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use