Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 27 of 107 (1596 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,595 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 205
Points 3,435
hhhdmh replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:18 PM

Thanks, I love going things for others. These will be in quilts for veterans.

God Bless

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:33 PM

hhh, those are beautiful.They will make wonderful quilts for some lucky folks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 205
Points 3,435
hhhdmh replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:36 PM

Thanks!

God Bless

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Very pretty Darlene, I'm sure they are much appreciated.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Trying to get this huge full quilt for my grandson sandwiched.  I even bought those clips.  Whats the trick ladies.  I am so short armed I am finding this very difficult.  Can't imagine how I am going to quilt it.  

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 341
Points 15,570

Ok, guys, I think quilt modeling is my new calling. We did an impromptu photo shoot for some marketing at Fons & Porter yesterday. Here is my shot!

• | Post Points: 125
Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Rachel, that quilt looks stunning on you!! :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Very cute Rachel. I don't believe we have met - so it is nice to meet you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Woo hoo, I got a little accomplished today. I got some FQs ironed and got a couple of blocks cut out.

When I started the Pineapple swap I had no CWR fabric so I ordered a couple of bundles and then some yardage to do the swap. There were quite a few FQs and 1/2 yd pieces that would not work for the Pineapple swap so I decided to use them with the Churn Dash block using champagne Kona as back ground. I have reds, greens, blues, browns, and pinks to use, I think it will be a very nice quilt.

I made my first block today and it is quite nice if I do say so myself. I am really struggling as I'm having a difficult time seeing (this will be resolved when they do the cataract SX on my other eye) and cannot feel to nest the seams (this I'm afraid I will have to learn to live with), but I hung in there (I did have to do a bit of frogging) and I made my first block today and it is quite nice if I do say so myself.

I also received my BlocLoc ruler yesterday and used it for the first time today. I think it will work once I get the hang of it. I did have a mishap with it today, cut my finger and I have never cut myself with a rotary cutter before. I just have to learn to lay the cutter down when I turn the block to trim.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,757
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:26 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Trying to get this huge full quilt for my grandson sandwiched.  I even bought those clips.  Whats the trick ladies.  I am so short armed I am finding this very difficult.  Can't imagine how I am going to quilt it.  

Donna - I use the tables in the cultural hall at the church - for a large queen/king size I put 3 together - the I put the backing down on the table and clip it all the way around - I then lay the batting on it and smooth it out - I always put the top on next  - but this step can be done after you baste the backing and the batting - I do this so that I make sure my backing is big enough - - I fold back the batting to the middle - about a foot at a time - I then spray from the center out on the backing fabric - then smooth the batting over that area and move on to the next - - after you get the batting spray basted then I do the top - I lay it out and fold it in to the center again - I spray the top - and fold it out and smooth it down... I never spray the batting itself - the top or backing - but you can - 

So this is how I do it - I think I posted a tutorial somewhere with pictures on here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,757
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:27 PM

qcarachel:

Ok, guys, I think quilt modeling is my new calling. We did an impromptu photo shoot for some marketing at Fons & Porter yesterday. Here is my shot!

RAchel - you are too cute - so nice to see the person that is behind all the great work!  Lovely picture!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:30 PM

cute picture, Rachel. I do indeed think a modeling job is in your future

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:41 PM

Glad to meet you Rachel, by the way I love your name, my DD is also a Rachel. Cute picture and very nice quilt.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:42 PM

Darlene

I love the angel blocks.  They are going to make a gorgeous quilt.  Kudos to you for being so willing to give of your time and work.  I know that all the quilts will be much appreciated.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:48 PM

Rachel, this Ginny agrees with Gini- cute picture and modeling could be in your future.  Looks like you really liked the quilt.     Ginny

Page 27 of 107 (1596 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use