Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 21 of 106 (1585 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,584 Replies | 46 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,295
Sherry replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 5:26 AM

Love your quilt Karla. I started the Sylvia's Bridal Quilt. I have 4 blocks so far. Seeing your LU quilt is inspiration!

Sherry

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,679
Points 248,642
Thea replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 7:30 AM

zoetc49:
Thea,  I have Border Collies and so wanted to do that quilt your working on, was it hard?  
It was not hard but if you decide to do it contact me first - there are some things that I learned making it that I would pass on that would make it a lot easier for the next person.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 894
Points 16,935

Love the bag, Mamag!  Nice touch with the embroidery.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 894
Points 16,935

ls, just take care of yourself. We are all here for you.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 894
Points 16,935

Thea, so sorry you're having such a bad time lately- worse than usual, huh? But you somehow still manage to get those beautiful MR quilts worked on!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 894
Points 16,935

Oh, Karla!  How gorgeous!  All 121 done- I am envious. I am so, so far behind on my LUS. It was interrupted by four other quilts. Now after seeing yours I really want to get my done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,679
Points 248,642
Thea replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 8:35 AM

Another rainy day in Oklahoma - I feel like this should be Seattle Wahington - or London with the fog in the mornings... I am aching but am covered in fur babies - I turned on my electric blanket to get some warmth to take the achiness away... hoping to start working on quilting the placemats today.  I got the 2 candle mats done and am slowly progressing... if it would just stop with the rain, I know I keep saying that but I want some hot weather with no storms in site so that I can have a few days of relative pain free....I can dream right.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 683
Points 11,700
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 9:26 AM

I am so not used to cats. I have been helping an older neighbor and he never wanted any cats inside his home. Well, in the last year he installed a pet door I found for $5.00 and he now has three cats that come and go as they please. His kids and I have managed to get each of them fixed and the last of the group in the mother cat whom is sitting on my lap as I type. This has been a chore as I keep my dogs on the other side of the room- they have been so good with this as the Mother cat got fixed Tuesday and now I am just waiting on more time till I can allow her to go back home--and I so hope she will go back. She hisses as my dogs. The older neighbor does not know we got her fixed, so I am over here loving on the sweetest cat I have been around. She does not stop purring. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Not much going on here, it looks to be another coolish day, at least the sun is shinning today.

I am hoping to get some sewing done later today, not feeling up to it right now.  I may try to get lesson #3 on the EQ Jump Start done.  It looks like I may have to go over these lessons several times to get the info to stick LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,679
Points 248,642
Thea replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 10:22 AM

Carol from Pittsburgh:

Thea, so sorry you're having such a bad time lately- worse than usual, huh? But you somehow still manage to get those beautiful MR quilts worked on!

Carol, my doctor calls it "olditis"  I wanted to just teasingly smack him as he was teasing me - but it is my RA and OA and as the weather is changing constantly here with new storms coming in and old ones passing by - the barometric pressure is bouncing up and down and it is causing me fits - but although my energy levels aren't near what they were 2 years ago I keep trying... I am slowing down and it bothers me... 

My stimulator - I think the battery was waning and I hadn't recharged it in a couple weeks so it stopped keeping that pain message from getting through and it got through yesterday and reminded me that I need to charge it up - the arm is okay today - was a bad reminder of what I went through for the last 2 years...

Today is a very wet day -started about 5 this morning - we had thunder all night long with lightning but no rain - now on and off we have both... I can handle when the storm is here and it could just stay forever but when it is coming and going it causes my body to have problems... Doctors figure this out!!!  

but I did get my butt up to the sewing machine as everyone else in the house is just snoozing away - why can't I do that...:)  but I got 3 placemats done with the stabilizing stitches as I call them - I am doing a feather stich on the seams and then in the 2 large rectangular areas I am doing free motion - I did one placemat completely and now am doing the feather stitch part on the rest - I was getting tired working on the 2nd one but pushed myself through to the third one when almost finished with it my bobbin ran out - so filled 2 more bobbins and decided to take a break... 

Thank you Carol for the complement on my MR quilts - I do love making them - this last one I would have done differently in the beginning and as the song goes I am hopeful to quilt it out...:)  there are a couple sections that I think the quilting will enhance and hide what aren't true mistakes but areas that I would have changed had I the inclination to do it over... NOT!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 11:23 AM

Sorry you're having pain, Thea.  My T&P are with you.

On another note, I have a question to ask all.  I won 10 fat quarters of floral fabric in a contest and don't have any ideas on what to do with them, thought I'd ask for your ideas please.

The little speck peaking out on the left top is the quarter I sent in and is a pretty yellow with daisy's on it.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,870

Thea I feel for you.  Prayers on their way.s mi

Marie I love the fabric there are some great fat quarter friendly patterns in this months Love of Quilting Mag.  Cubbyholes might be good one.

I'm going to attempt to make a car seat cover for my grandson from the scraps I have.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,679
Points 248,642
Thea replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 11:59 AM

Marie, Someone recently - I think maybe Marsha SM posted a pretty quilt with florals like this - I believe the quilt was just squares outlined in black - was so very pretty - you could definetely make something like that with these - so pretty!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 1:54 PM

Thank you, Donna and Thea, I will check these out.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,679
Points 248,642
Thea replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 4:10 PM

Marie - I just got this in my email today - might help you out...

http://www.favecrafts.com/blog/fc/fat-quarter-quilts/

Page 21 of 106 (1585 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use