Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 16 of 66 (976 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 975 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 7:30 PM

Had fun with the grands today. Took them for their first swimming lessons this morning. They were so good and listened to the instructor, the 5 yr old wasn't to happy when he pitched her a couple of feet from him to see how she reacted. She told me later that she turned her head so he wouldn't see her tear up. The 3 yr old took to it like a duck to water. One day down and 7 more to come.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635

Bonita sounds like your enjoying them. Have fun and enjoy. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 4,645

I remember those days... only it was me that was tearing up watching my sweet little son struggle in the water. I was sure he would not survive, and would hate me for signing him up for lessons if he did! LOL Well, he did survive, loves water and swimming. Doesn't hate me, either! haha. 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,957
Thea replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 8:10 AM

Marie, I am very glad to see you hear - Loss is the worst thing and to go through the losses you went through so close together is so very difficult - you are reeling from one and get hit by the other.  I have felt that but had time to adjust to the loss of one before the next one hit.  I recently lost the husband to my dearest friend in the world that I lost back in 2008.  I didn't think it would hit me as hard as it did but it was like losing all of them all over again - those aches and pains and hurts all came tumbling down on me.  The best we can do Marie - is to keep on moving forward with the great knowledge for me that they have gone before me to prepare my room in the mansion for me... When our lives get tough they are there holding us up - our very precious angels.  

I, too, have loved watching the growth that you have experienced and your funny antics.  You have made me smile so much and I hope to see you around quite a bit.  

Today is a really rough day for me - not sure why - not sure if there is weather coming in but I had to get DH to get up and feed the brood and give my Mom her morning pills - my body just aches so very badly.  If it is possible, I found new bones, ligaments and muscles that are aching today.  My pain levels have not been this high since I got the stimulaor put in... I know it is working cuz I can feel the gentle buzz... I am so grateful for it.  

I have work to do today so the pain needs to go away or recede quickly.  I have 2 quilts to spray baste and had them ready to go over to the church today to use the big tables so that I can start quilting them... my kitchen floor needs steam cleaning and then a new layer of polish put down ... I am not sure that any of that will get done today.  I may just be in this chair all day as I tried to go to the kitchen to get some ice for my drink glass and had to hold on to furniture the whole way - if I wasn't so stubborn I would have said Yes to DH when he asked if he could get it for me.  

Marie - keep me smiling please.  It does help so much doesn't it to have someone else pray for us and help us along the way.  Know that I care about you and am glad so glad that you are here along with so many who make me smile and the newbies who are becoming good friends fast.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,292
Points 29,205
Agnes replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 11:15 AM

My biggest accomplishment for the day has been my unplanned 5 am photo shoot. I woke at 3 and just as I was turning to go crawl into bed I caught the sunrise so there I am barefoot and in my nightie on the balcony, temperature about 50 F degrees. I have a series of 8 photos, all different as the sunrise changes so quickly. I am attaching just one. The buildings are head frames for two gold mine shafts. That community is about 6 miles away following the road around the lake. Across the lake it is much closer. I then read and went back to sleep. Hoping to bring a smile to people's face with this.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 10,655
qcarachel replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 12:04 PM

Wow Agnes! That is absolutely stunning. Quite a coincidental photo shoot you had. So happy you shared this with everyone. It sure brought a smile to my face :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 4,645

Agnes, this photo is just stunning! Can just picture you standing in your nightie shooting photos from the balcony... lol.  Great job!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635

Took the dogs to the vet.  They are perfect.  Waiting on labs to come back to see whats up with the intermittent diarrhea.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 2:23 PM

Gorgeous Agnes,  thanks for the morning beauty.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 17,530
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 2:34 PM

Very nice sunrise(picture).

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 3:39 PM

Agnes, the picture is gorgeous !!! 50 degrees !! Did ya freeze in your Jammie's!!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Gorgeous Agnes, at least the neighbors were probably in bed :) so missed you in your nightie. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 14,735
Dawn replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 4:56 PM

Agnes, so very pretty!  

Today I was pretty lazy.  Ran to town to get back my mixing bowl as it is DHs turn to supply the birthday cake of a co-worker.  I had left it w/DD as I had made the frosting for my DGS3.  Got the cake made and frosted, changed the water in the fish bowl, put away some laundry, mowed the lawn and took my shower.  Now my feet are up.  

Late development, DH has run out of window tape, so we are running to town to get more and some staples.  Might get him to take me out for supper too!  :-)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,292
Points 29,205
Agnes replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 5:23 PM

I thought the sunrise was too stunning to not capture irregardless of the chilly weather. Spudgramma--The way I am situated there are no residential people to see my balcony. I only see business roof tops as far as neighbors go.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 5:51 PM

Agnes, your picture is stunning, thank you for sharing.

Millbury, MA

Page 16 of 66 (976 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use