Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 15 of 106 (1585 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,584 Replies | 47 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,673
Points 248,567
Thea replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 7:53 AM

Joyce - it is nice to see you - and I agree our Lord is a special Lord - he has helped me immensely throughout my life.  Isn't that barometer a pain... mine has been going off continually this spring and now the start of summer... I am hoping for some really hot days now to ease my arthritis...

I dug up another 50 of my Iris rhizomes - I had ordered 3 potato bags to put them in but only 1 arrived - so just placed another order - I think they should handle the rest of what I am going to transplant to MN - now to move all my pots and the bags to the other side of the house so I can see what is left... and organize it - I have cleared out about 7' of garden - reducing the garden from about 15' at its widest down to about 4' across the front of the house... I am hoping we aren't here next spring but if we are I will be digging out the narcissum and hyacinths that are deep in the ground there right now - I have an approximate idea where the bulbs are and if I can get to most of them will transplant them across the front of the new edge for the garden... and take some with me - but they multiply so easily - it was going to be hard to take all those rhizomes and put them in the smaller space and I love the Iris so much I really want to take them with me... we will see... the mosquitos were getting thick so had to come in there was a lot of dew still on the ground when I was out there so they were plentiful to bite me - I need to spray again!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here, although it may get hot. 

I have the second lesson on the EQ jump start cut and ready to sew and I am hoping I will get a chance to sew that this afternoon. I've been trying to sew a few minutes every day, some days I have to make myself do it but it is good for me and at least I'm making forward progress :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed day.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,850

Everyone have a great & blessed Sunday. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 2:37 PM

I did something crazy.  I am going to be having 5 grandkids over 3 weeks, all in a row!  Will have the oldest for a week, then trade him for his sister and brother, then trade them for my other two! Oldest DGD will be in Rochester w/DD.  It will be a riot, but I will be tired!  I told DH that after that we will need a vacation!  :-)

CC so sorry for your losses.  Everyone who isn't feeling well, I am praying for you.  I have the weather front headaches too, woke up w/one today.  We had to rush home after church cause there was a storm coming and we had our convertible.  Made it without getting hail damage.  

Just back from Mayo in Rochester for our DGD1.  She rocked the place!  They treat everyone soooooo nice!  Her MRI was normal as was her swallow test.  Now if we could get her jerking taken care of, life would be 70%better for her and DD and DSIL.

Well, the sky is making noises again, we will see how much we get this time.  This is round 3.  Already have some flooding in some areas, not us, but some of the creeks and rivers are getting very high.  Praying not what we saw back in 08!!!!

God Bless and have an awesome week!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 8:10 PM

Thea - I hadn't been on QCA for a while, was having a difficult time feeling very down after loosing my mom last year.  It seemed to hit me harder this mother's day than last year.  Guess it had just happened then and didn't seem real.  

I love the iris flower and have some purple ones in my front bed.  Although the beds are mostly crab grass now.  I need to find time and energy to get out there and work on them.  I understand the arthritis.    I planted veggies in pots this year and giving that a try.  My zucchini plant has one that will be ready to pick soon.  I spotted a cucumber today that by end of week might be ready.  Tomatoes aren't doing that much.  Have one green bell pepper that will be ready soon.  I get so excited. ha  

Joyce

Maryland

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 10:24 AM

I survived my garage sale made a whopping 600  Now i have drsappt' that are requesting my presence believe me i'd rather pass on those engagements i'm feeling fine but they are persistent. I just want to quilt at least i can plan them now.  just can't sew with broken days of coming and going all over the place.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,895
Karla replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 12:29 PM

I think I'm in need of a trip to the LQS...I don't need any more fabric, but I'm sure I'll buy some anyway.  I think I deserve it...so far today I have cleared one flower bed of weeds and given two large dogs a bath.  I think I was wetter than they were, but I really had to wrestle them as neither of them are fond of water.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 297
Points 4,855

You definitely deserve a trip to LQS AND some new fabric after dog baths! I totally understand!  :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 1:00 PM

I'm as dirty as a pig ( should say was), stiff as a board,and as happy as a meadowlark!! My middle daughter babysat her little sis, while I went outside to work in the flower beds! They were looking really weedy!! Felt good to go out and work among the flowers ! 

Karla, washing two dogs ... I know you get wet!!๐Ÿ˜€ if you find any lovely fabric .. I be happy to see it!

Deb

๐ŸŒบ You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.๐Ÿพ

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Karla, you could come see me and expend some of that energy. LOL 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 2:52 PM

Mom declared today a down day so we are relaxing and watching the World Cup.   Only a short trip to a used book store to get books for the ride home, and ***'s five and dime, just because.  There's a magic show tonight and dinner out.  We are going home on Wednesday and we have logged a ton of activities.  Making memories so they'll have stories to tell when they're old.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 529
Points 10,110
Pat A replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 5:59 PM

It must be the day for weeding.  I weeded my iris/perennial bed today also.  I couldn't it any longer as the foxtail weeds were almost 2 feet tall.  Didn't get it complted weeded but made a great start.  Maybe I can finish it tomorrow morning.   It looks as if it is going to rain so the ground should be nice and soft for weeding!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 6:00 PM

Karla send some energy my way was well. I'd say you earned that trip to the LQS. 

I've returned to work after two weeks down. I must say that while I'm happy to be up and at 'em again, I did not miss this place. LOL.t

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,850

This was my hubby on Saturday. My new not so local LQS Thimbles & Threads.   

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 7:16 PM

Mamags, that right funny!๐Ÿ˜„

Deb

๐ŸŒบ You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.๐Ÿพ

Page 15 of 106 (1585 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use