Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 13 of 85 (1275 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,274 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

I really getting tired of my dogs waking me up at 6:30am for breakfast. Don't they know schools out for the summer so we can sleep in a bit. Grrrr

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 289
Points 4,710

Doggies are totally creatures of habit... and so are their rumbling tummies, Donna! I have no one else at home to do the feeding job anymore... but you have at least one child still at home? Maybe she can alternate with you to be the one to get up and feed them. Teenagers can get up to do something, return to bed and be sound asleep within seconds, as though it never occurred. :) Today I have to go and buy a fabric pen for labels. And since it's just across the highway, will have to make a stop at the garden center! Never know what might be there that calls out to me! haha. Have a good day!    

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 3:29 PM

WOW! So much going on since I was here last.  I see some seriously beautiful new quilts have been born into the world. 

June has been a BUSY month.  We had 3 funerals in 10 days, and then found out that there was a fourth that we didn't hear about until it was past. We're starting to get back on track after the shock of loosing so many loved ones.  Sort of.

And of course, it's summer... meaning that I am back to work ad the kids are home from school. I'm stretched pretty thin trying to manage everybody's schedules but so far there haven't been any major conflicts. 

Today it is cold and grey and rainy. It's an excellent day to step back and catch my breath for a moment. The kids are enjoying the animated Robin Hood movie while I sip on my tea and catch up (?) here. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,575
Points 51,670
Ginny replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 3:38 PM

Good to see that you are still around and as busy as ever, CC.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,183
Points 18,165
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 4:09 PM

CC sorry to hear about you losing so many loved ones. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,954
Points 368,352
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 4:56 PM

Michelle:
Greetings from Alaska!!  We just arrived across the border, that's why I have so quiet for the last 3 weeks, traveling thru Canada.

Great photo Michelle. I'm glad you made it safely. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 6:04 PM

Painting the master bedroom that I use as my catch all room. I think I can make it into a part sewing room. I have been thinking of getting some wall cabinets made on both sides of my window. At first I was thinking of adding a window seat, but if I don't then I can put my sewing table right there and look out the window and have the TV to watch too.

Your thoughts....

If you were looking at a home that had a window seat in the master bedroom vs it being left wide enough for a queen bed, which would you prefer?  I realize it is my home, just wanted some thoughts out here.

When I get cabinets in ( I will be building them with some help) I can move all of my fabric from my small closet and reclaim that and clean up my other closet ( only two in the home) . When I was at Carol's home a few weeks ago , I just loved how organized she was/is. It made me think, why not do more. Carol, I am still looking for the porch with the beach house attached to it...., meanwhile I will make this one do.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,183
Points 18,165
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 6:09 PM

Zoetc if I didn't share my bedroom with DH I would put in the cabinets and make it a sewing room. My house is shaped oddly. I have a room just big enough for my queen size Gracie frame. Makes it a little cramped to go around it, but I make it work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 6:11 PM

CC, sorry for your losses, prayers going up for you and your family.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

CC sorry for your losses.

My head feels like it's going to explode. 

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,954
Points 368,352
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 7:24 PM

zoetc49:
If you were looking at a home that had a window seat in the master bedroom vs it being left wide enough for a queen bed, which would you prefer?  I realize it is my home, just wanted some thoughts out here.

I wouldn't mind a window seat. I've always wanted one so I can sit and read. I keep my bed away from the window and since it's a king it wouldn't fit there anyway.

Do what feels right to you. I like the idea of having the sewing table by the window. In my current set up, a raised ranch, below the window is the best I can do.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Zoetec, I have a machine set up in the bay window in my bedroom. I put it there when my daughter and her boys moved in with us. She has been gone almost a year but I still like sewing in there, so for now it stays. My husband has not complained, so I guess we are good LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Susie, prayers for you getting the house. That will be awesome!

I'm sorry to hear of all your losses, CC. Prayers for you all.

Zoetc, I have my Platinum 16 sitdown quilting machine in front of my large picture window in my studio. I love looking out the window as I quilt.

I have been putting fabric away all day. I had to empty out my fabric pantries so I could move them from one wall to another. It turned out to be a bigger job than I anticipated. But I like the cabinets on this wall better. It gives me more room. Now I have to make me another design wall. I didn't like the one I had and I covered it up with my cabinets. The new one will be bigger.

We are having a heat wave in Kansas. The heat index was 101 today. Rain is in the forcast, and along with that is probably storms. I could do without the threatening weather.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 9:12 AM

zoetec--I need some natural light near my sewing machine. If I get a bit of scenery all the better. My furniture is all loose. I live in a rental apartment. As far as resale on your house--How likely and how soon might it happen? A master needs to look like it can fit good sized bedroom furniture. Unfortunately most people can not plan beyond what they see. I'm afraid a window seat and then cramped bed space would have nixed my entertaining purchasing the home. First thing anyone says when they see my bedroom is that I sleep in a twin bed. My answer is that it was either sewing machine and sanity or retaining the larger bed. For me sanity was the key to the decision. You should do what feels right to you.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,560
Points 246,127
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 9:28 AM

Zoetc - Jay and I had no plans 5 years ago to sell our house.  I redid the small guest bedroom with wall units on one wall and DH built shelving units on the other for me to put my fabric and books in - it is a very small room with a built in closet and storage unit on one wall and windows on the corners of two adjoining rooms.  When it was my son's bedroom we had a day waterbed in there - an extra long one as he, we knew, was going to be tall...it had drawers underneath and we had a built in desk wrap around it with the windows... 

If you are going to reduce the size of a master bedroom, I would make sure it was removeable window seat if it takes up a lot of room in the room - if you can do it and not really take away from the size of the room then I would say go for it - I would love a window seat in my master bedroom if I had a bay window... 

Jay and I right now are taking down all the shelving units and shelves that we built in that room so that it is back to just a small bedroom... but when we did it there were no plans on moving as I truly do love this house... but my home will be in MN now that my son and grand kids are there... I am looking for a house there and one of the requirements is big bedrooms... I like to have my bed and a chair in my bedroom so that I can rest away from the bustle of the rest of the house so I like big bedrooms... 

There are two master bedrooms in our present house because it had an addition put on it - both are large enough to have beds and a sitting area in them... Before Mom moved in the one in the front of the house was my sewing room and it was awesome... but for now my sewing and my easy chair are in my back bedroom - which is big enough for it all if a tight fit... 

Page 13 of 85 (1275 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use