What are you up to today #10

Page 8 of 205 (3069 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,068 Replies | 60 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 12:12 PM

Been busy at my torch this morning, finishing up an order of memorial beads. Now they're in the kiln and I can focus on other things for a bit before I have to transform them into jewelry.

Been cold and windy here today. I want brownies... but I don't wanna make them. 

DS1 wants me to make him a new flat cap so perhaps I will get that project off the ground today. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 905
Points 15,060
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 3:38 PM

Frustrated, trying to get button holes in some kitchen towels. I'm not sure what missed them up, but time to rip seams out.  I am not complaining, the new machines make it so easy to do these...but still there was an issue.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,503
Points 29,220
Marsha replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 4:30 PM

chocake2:

Been busy at my torch this morning, finishing up an order of memorial beads. Now they're in the kiln and I can focus on other things for a bit before I have to transform them into jewelry.

Been cold and windy here today. I want brownies... but I don't wanna make them. 

CC, I was just thinking about your bead work this morning and wondered if you were finding time to make some.  I miss seeing pictures and feel lonely on here now.  I did go on QATW this morning to check up on some of our missing members over there, but didn't have time to search for long.  Had to get back to sandwiching and pin-basting the first of the 5 graduation quilts I have to finish in the next few weeks.  The one I have nearly ready for the machine is needed for a party next Saturday.   Two have decided to have their parties a week BEFORE graduation.  I needed that extra week!!!

I am with you on the brownies.  Wish I had one of our girls here to make them while I quilt, but they are all busy with their own families and their grandchildren.  Rich had a hunger for t;hem the other day and we actually bought some from the bakery department when we were getting groceries, but they are not the same as fresh and hot from the oven.  

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 4:56 PM

Marsha--I skip over to QATW once in a while but because I am not into contests and swaps I can only say how glad I am that not everyone has strayed. It's nice to have new gals joining here but also good to see some of the oldies also here. 

CC--I've been thinking on those memorial beds. Sure is not something I'd be into but as you say to each his own. Despite that I am looking forward to see what you are doing.

No brownies here but I made Puffed Wheat squares yesterday after a bag of puffed wheat jumped into my grocery cart. If I were your neighbors, Marsha and CC, I would gladly bake up some for you. I have been lazy, weather induced, and reading instead of quilting. I've got a rack of pork ribs in the slow cooker but because I had a slow start this morning they may wait till tomorrow to be sampled. 

Actually on the quilting front I am slowly getting around to tracing trees to fusible web so I can make an appliqued tree border for my Dashing Through the Snow project. Being able to have the machine set up with which I will finish the applique and playing with a bit of applique this week I am ready for this new adventure. I may even carry it further with some thread embellishment on the trees.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Oh my gosh, Donna! I hope you got to the kitchen before your doggie ate anything... would hate to hear that she swallowed some of the crockery along with the meat! Does she seem to be ok? I've never had anything like this happen with my dogs, but have a friend who left steak thawing on the countertop and it was gone when she got home. Hope she's not in too much trouble!  :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 982
Points 12,135

This was the first time this has ever happened to me and I've had a lot of dogs. She has been acting weird lately. Thank goodness neither of them got to it. It was way to hot. Her paws were a bit burnt but fine today. No blisters. 

And yes we did eat out yesterday. Ordered a Ninga 3 n 1 to replace my crock pot. 

But guess what I did today. I went to iron my fusible interface & it was on the wrong side. Ok how do I get it off my iron. My poor Rowenta is ruined. I'm so mad at myself. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 29,200
Wendy replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:40 PM

Hi everyone,  I just wanted to let all of you know that I am still here and alive. It has been a crazy school year. and I am glad that school is out for a while.  I have been down at my moms property in blanding Utah just outside of the Navajo Indian reservation helping her clean her summer home. It has been closed up for two year. We had a lot of cleaning to do.  I have been quilting however and even took the EPP with me to work on. I am on the tumbling blocks. I stared 4 months into this project, and have not got caught up yet. summer is here and we shall see how far I get.   It feels good to be back home.  I had a wonderful 8 days. without television, cell phones, computers, running water, electricity ect.... ect....  I love going down there and living like that, but I am always ready to come back home to all my modern conveniences.

There is no way I can catch up with everyone for the past few month, but I will check in every morning for the summer time. Soon I will be caught back up with all of you and will hopefully get to know all the new people as well.

God Bless

Wendy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 12,845
Quiltless replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:05 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

But guess what I did today. I went to iron my fusible interface & it was on the wrong side. Ok how do I get it off my iron. My poor Rowenta is ruined. I'm so mad at myself. 

I've done that.  More than once.  Now, I keep some Faultless Hot Iron Cleaner on hand.  Comes in a small tube.  Your Rowenta will recover.  Mine did.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 12,845
Quiltless replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:07 PM

Duplicate -- Got the error message when trying to post again.

I thought QCA was fixed ... but ... apparently not. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 307
Points 4,475

Try using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  Wet the eraser and rub the COOL iron with the eraser.

stitcheraz

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

stitcheraz:

Try using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  Wet the eraser and rub the COOL iron with the eraser.

stitcheraz

I use th magic eraser to clean my iron, I had a really nasty one that came clean and shinny. I hope it will work for your burned fusible.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 11:39 PM

SPUD GOOD TO SEE YOU ON HERE . I HOPE WE BOTH GET TO STAY THIS TIME  lol   bARBARA

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,992
Points 55,185
Ginny replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:47 AM

Oh my goodness everyone,  I am soooo glad to see some returning friends.  It has been like a wilderness here.  Just don't get comfortable with QATW.  And now, I just found out that not all of QCA's messages go to my email like they used to.  And even when I go to the site, they don't all show up.. Guess I will have to be more diligent in seeking them out somehow.  

Let's just say that I am soooo happy to "see" everyone.  

I am working on a Tree quilt for my nephew and his new wife right now.  Hopefully I will learn how to post pictures again soon.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,503
Points 29,220
Marsha replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 8:46 AM

stitcheraz:

stitcheraz

Thanks for the tip.  We all need an "iron eraser" and I guess you have found one!  Will use one right now on my big iron - - it really needs it after starching yards and yards of fabrics.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,554
Points 40,380
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 8:57 AM

I'm glad to be back to GCA and see there's still some "old" friends. But a lot are still missing. And there are soooooo many new ones that I have to get to know. You all have put a different atmosphere I think on QCA. But you can teach us oldies some new tricks. Your work is beautiful and you are knowledgeable. Hopefully, I'll get to know each of you in time. Meanwhile, it's good to see all my friends again.

Hugs to my friends and hugs to those I hope to become friends,

Page 8 of 205 (3069 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.