Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 6 of 85 (1275 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,274 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,183
Points 18,165

Karla, sorry to hear about your strict diet, DH is also a type 2, but am glad to hear you last 5 pounds.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Practicing free motion designs on the Quik Trainer really has helped tremendously, especially with the gloves on the machine.  Much easier.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,650
Ginny replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 5:16 PM

Whoo-hoo, Karla.  At least the weight loss is good news.  But it is difficult to change your diet all at once, I agree.   But what a reward you are getting.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 5:35 PM

Karla--Think of it as healthy eating for good health benefits. I was just dealing with the cholesterol stuff about 10 year ago. I changed my eating habits, upped the exercise just slightly and over about 3 years lost 40 lbs. I put 15 pounds back on while I was on Prednisone. After I went off it, within 6 months I lost 25 lbs. I don't miss my previous eating style at all. You can do it!

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 5:50 PM

Karla, sorry to hear of your medical troubles. Hang in there with that diet!! And be proud that your 5lbs less!👍

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 7:18 PM

Karla, I hear your pain. My fam doc said my triglycerides are at an extreme level and I have to change my diet and exercise. My gastro doc said the problems presenting themselves sinve my surgery failed will be greatly helped through diet and exercise. So he said when I see him in 5 months, I need to be thirty pounds lighter! I am just not seeing that happen. W

hile it would be nice to lose the weight, my body is just happy where it is and will not lose weight. I really need to at least try but, I have a man to feed and diet is not in his vocabulary. I walk as much and as long as I can but I have yet to be put on a medication that helps this FM pain. Getting old is not easy?

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,072
Thea replied on Sun, Jun 8 2014 9:33 AM

Karla - I had to change my eating style when they diagnosed me with RA.  I know what a life changing thing that is... I no longer eat fast food when we are here at hme and try very hard not to eat it when we are on the road.  I don't use much that isn't fresh foods.  I do like eating fruits and vegetables and never was one much for red meat... It has made a big difference in a lot of things in my blood work.  It is a challenge though.

Agnes, I gained 10 pounds everytime they put me on prednisone - it didn't help me and finally they quit doing it.  I gained over 80 pounds on it.  I have lost 60 of those pounds and now without being able to exercise much the last 20 I need to lose are more difficult but they are slowly - about a 1/4 pound at a time... it is difficult but I will not lose hope.  It did take me 5 years to lose those pounds but it was a pleasure each time I stood on the scale to see a little more gone.

I am in tremendous pain today.  We are at a 100% rain day and I can feel the weather swirling above us - Movement is a NO today... even sitting in my chair is painful.. DH asked me to put some BioFreeze on his back and sat on the edge of my chair which brought it upright... thought I would go through the roof for a minute ast the pain intensified... he was so very sorry... not his fault... just that is the way the day is going to be.  

We have had an issue with our Direct TV and today was the day they sent the tech out so I had to get up - oh my - was no fun at all - but gritting teeth and I made it through...

My friend Andy that I have asked for prayers for is in hospice care now and in tremendous pain - I am asking that if you could spare the time to send a prayer up to the Lord to help ease the horrendous pain he is in.  He has cancer tumors throughout 90% of his body.  There is no help except pain meds to keep him comfortable.  I don't want him to leave us but I don't want his life to be like this.  I keep asking for a miracle as I know they are possible but in the meantime just asking for something to help with his pain.  I would gladly take on his pain as I deal with it every day... but I know that the pain I am dealing with is nothing like what he is dealing with.  

Thank you in advance for all the prayers - I send one up for all who read this that they might have a blessed day today!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

So sorry Karla but we are all here to help you. Thea you m I are so much a like the meds I am on keep me bloated nothing I eat helps my stomach problems so mainly I eat bread. Which definitely doesn't help the pounds

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 8 2014 9:52 AM

Thea -

We haven't talked in ages but I understand the pain you are in. I don't understand how you do half the things you do, my friend. I'm very concerned about you moving to MN. I know what OH is doing to me. Thank goodness for my faith in Christ.  Without it, I wouldn't be here today I don't think. And I know you have that strong faith too.

I don't know if you know that I've fallen 3 times this year. One of them was a result of a TIA. Hope I don't have another one of those. I'm still trying to recover from the sprained shoulder but I'm right handed so having a hard time with that one. My left eye has had problems since my accident and now is permanent and I've lost my peripheral vision. I'm black and blue from running into things.

John will be home on the 19th. WooHoo! He's been gone far too long and it's time he comes home.

Will definitely keep your friend in prayer. I've recently lost 2 friends in AZ unexpectedly.

Take care of yourself, Thea. I keep track of you online here. Keep wanting to call, but my voice keeps giving out.

Hugs,

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Jun 8 2014 9:04 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

So sorry Karla but we are all here to help you. Thea you m I are so much a like the meds I am on keep me bloated nothing I eat helps my stomach problems so mainly I eat bread. Which definitely doesn't help the pounds

A few on here know by accident that I learned that my stomach issues were a result of eating bread. Gave up wheat for 2 weeks thinking it would help my lose weight, then I noticed my thyroid started working again and my stomach pains went away...then I read up on this association, neat stuff ( I think ). 

I hope everyone soon feels the best they can. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 498
Points 10,010
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Jun 9 2014 9:48 AM

Ok I need some help...my machine that I use for piecing has decided to start acting up...it won't stitch a nice clean straight stitch, it comes out a little skewed just ever so slightly, I have played with the tension and length but nothing seems to work, I know I will probably end up taking it in to be fixed but was curious if anyone else has had a problem like this and might know how to fix it. It is an older Brother xr65T, I use it because I have my new Janome( which sews an awesome straight stitch) set up to FMQ and it's a pain to get the settings back for that after I set it up to straight stitch. Anyone...help please? 

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Mon, Jun 9 2014 10:52 AM

Jen--My first two things I check when things are slightly off is trying a new needle, not throwing the one I pull out away just then, but often as soon as a new needle is in place. The old one may have developed a slight burr that is not visible. The other thing is I go through the bobbin case and the upper thread tension disc to clean out any bits of lint or specks of residue. If I've jumped the gun adjusting tension it is amazing how often I then can go back to original tension. Also if you are in the habit of oiling the machine periodically a drop or two of oil may be the fix to the problem. Not at all familiar with your model of machine so can't comment on anything specific to it. I used to sell low end manual machines, starting back in 1975, and it was amazing how many fixes were accomplished with a little cleaning and oiling. The digital world has not necessarily made that many improvements but has taken away the simplicity of solving your problems. Love my computer but will remain in the dark ages with my manual sewing machines. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 265
Points 14,115

All of your aches and pains are making my heart hurt! Stay healthy everyone and keep on quilting. It is wonderful you all have a support system through QCA :)

This weekend was full of new things- a new (or new to me) car, a new haircut, and new decorations for my apartment. I got so overjoyed with the newness that I sent out an invite to my family for Father's Day at my new residence. To elaborate-this will be 11 people at my place. Now what I forgot in all my haste is I do not yet have a dining set or chairs for everyone to sit in. I had to edit my invite to say "bring your own chairs-lawn chairs are acceptable!" It should be quite a sight on Sunday.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 726
Points 14,145

qcarachel-  sounds like fun!  Can we all come, too?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Wow Rachael a whole new you.  Sounds great.

Today I printed the foundation templates and began cutting the material.

Page 6 of 85 (1275 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use