Page 3 of 71 (1059 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,058 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,875
Points 366,882
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 11:27 PM

My condolences Chocake. I hope things settle down for you soon.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,875
Points 366,882
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 11:29 PM

Carol I'm glad you ladies had such a great Sunday. I haven't heard about Segways in a long time. I know they were highly ridiculed when they first hit the scene.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,769
Points 39,135
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 11:43 PM

Rainy day here, took a nap only to wake with a migraine.  Makes absolutely no sense.  I'll be out today with relatives.  oh how i love my day trips even though there are no quilt shop stops this time. 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 801
Points 12,960

Sorry. Ls I get migraines also with weather changes. Sometimes the pain wakes me up so I take my meds & pass out. 

Rachel I used to love to run. Can't anymore with my ra. Hurts too much. 

Carol ok your trip sounds nice with Zoe. Jealous. 

It's beautiful today. Going to work on my quilt and make some biscuits. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Mamag, I was just thinking about biscuits this morning! Made a pot of chicken stew in my crockpot yesterday, and thought I'd make biscuits to go along with it today, then decided to just heat up the stew and put dumplings on top... no heating the oven. Wish I had done it yesterday, but so it goes. Kinda funny making such a "winter weather" meal when it's 98 sizzling degrees outside! But, it sounded good, and I needed to work on quilting stuff yesterday. Wanted to not have to stop and cook... love that crockpot! A good anticipation for today... I ordered a scanner/printer and it's on the UPS truck heading to my house today. My current printer does not scan. Anxious to get it up and running... hope it's as reliable as my "old" one! Well, my sewing machine is calling me. Have a good day!  

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,312
Thea replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 10:19 AM

Springer mom - what kind did you get... I have a new HP one - well not new anymore but the little I use it it still seems new to me - about 3 years old...:) see how new is for me... anyway I love this one because I do not have to connect my computer to it - just send it over and wahlah via the magic of wireless it prints what I wanted printed and it does a nice picture printing too - it has all the separate color cartridges which I like too!

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,312
Thea replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 10:23 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:
Rachel I used to love to run. Can't anymore with my ra. Hurts too much. 
Donna , I do know what you mean with RA pain - it is a pain isn't it.  I can't run or do any walking - my RA caused me to have early onset stress fractures and when I stopped running to just do the walking - I was walking down my road and came home and then my foot started hurting - this was back in 2003 - I limped what seemed forever and finally my RA doc noticed it and sent me down for an MRI of my foot... lo and behold I had 6 - 8 broken bones in my foot - they sent me to a podiatrist who put me in one of those air casts - now this was Sept of 2004 - I had been limping at this time for a year - I was in the air cast for 6 months before the dang bones healed and was instructed - NO MORE WALKING... my bones are just too fragile.

I empathize with you on the pain - it is a horrible disease to have - my RA doctor when he first diagnosed me told me I wasn't going to die but at times I would wish that I was... he was right... I can deal pretty good with it now except when we have a ton of weather systems going through the area - the ups and downs of the barometric pressure drive my body to the highest of aches and pains... right now today - is a pretty good day for me...no pain meds yet and it is 11:23... whoo hoo!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 801
Points 12,960

Thanks Thea.  I think my DD the 12yr old is getting it also.  I have to bring her in soon for more tests, but her poor fingers are starting to get those bumps on the side of her knuckles that don't go away and are painful.

SpringerMom.  I am making sausage gravy & biscuits.  Yes its more of a winter & breakfast food but sometimes you just have to mix things up a bit.  And I don't know what I do without my crockpot it has made life & cooking so much easier. Good luck with your new printer/scanner.  I have an HP.  It works great other than the ink refills costing a fortune.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 11:01 AM

chocake2:
WOW Marie, Can't wait to see where your practice takes you!

CC, I have to get started first!  I need a boot in the butt, have one?

So sorry for your losses, thoughts and prayers coming your way.  (((((HUGS)))))

Poor Jr., wish him HB for me.  You might share one of those hugs with him.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 11:03 AM

Sounds like you had a fun time, Carol, wish you had pictures to share.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 717
Points 14,070

Marie:

Sounds like you had a fun time, Carol, wish you had pictures to share.

Zoetc has photos but she didn't bring the cable to hook her camera up to the laptop. She's on her way home so hopefully she'll post soon!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665

Carol sounds like you two had a great time.

CC so sorry for your two losses, tell JR happy birthday.

IS hope you feel better soon.

SpringerMom have fun with your new scanner/printer, I use mine often.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Thea, my new one is an Epson, also wireless and separate cartridges, etc. My current printer, also Epson, has been excellent, so I feel a bit wasteful that it will soon be replaced when there is nothing wrong with it! It has been printing for probably 10-12 years with not so much as a paper jamb! (I'm going to keep it until this new kid on the block proves himself!! haha.) But, it's not wireless or a scanner, so time to upgrade. Need the scanner so often that I was always trekking to the copy store. They will miss me!!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,293
Points 29,240
Agnes replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 4:58 PM

I just had my scanner programmed to the computer. It's been around at least 10 years, was originally mine, then son had it and now its back at my house. I couldn't get it to download the driver. Son came in, sat down, and it was easy as pie. Great to have him just down the street and ready to help me with my technical glitches.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665

Agnes, sons are great for computer/printer/internet trouble. My DS is a great help to me also. He lives about 1 1/2 miles from me.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 3 of 71 (1059 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use