Page 2 of 72 (1067 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,066 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 2:57 PM

Hi Diana,  What a blessing, for your husband to be there at their 50th anniversary.  Have fun.  Are you going to stop at any of the quilt shops in Pa. while there?   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 241
Points 12,225

Hello All,

My apologies for not posting the link the the previous forum. As I said before, help me along with the road bumps! I appreciate your helpful reminders. As requested, here is the link to #9.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/p/42328/555078.aspx#555078

QCA Rachel

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 241
Points 12,225

Hi Marie,

I love reading all your posts. It astounds me how close of a community you are. My "nephew dog's" name is Jager. He is my sister and brother-in-law's. But I like to claim him as my own :) He is half German Shepherd half black lab.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 9:18 AM

Thanks Mimi and Kris, I thought Barbara took a course from Quilt University but Leah Day it is.  Kris, I am a paid member and yes I forgot "Quilt It".  I'm going there right now.  Also, thanks for the tip about keeping my arm off the table when practicing with pen and paper, makes a lot of sense.  Hope this old dog can learn new tricks!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 9:21 AM

Thanks Rachel, Jager, interesting name, I like it.  My son had a black Lab, he was very dear, his name was Shadow.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 10:03 AM

I am not up to much today... after working hard yesterday and being frustrated and rewarded I finally think I got the Secret Santa Program names out for 2014 and the fun can begin for real.  all the frustration is yesterdays news...teehee....

today I woke to green grass outside - it got a much needed drink of water from the Lord... he sent thunder bumpers to keep me awake most of the night but it was okay - I was happy to hear the rain... my pain levels were moderate so am trying the cream my pain management doctor prescribed for me - to see if maybe it will take care of the stupid inflammation in my back that causes so much of the problems with my vertebrae which makes the nerves send pain messages to my brain... I want to reduce the amount of the pain meds that I have to take...I am hopeful it seems to have reduced them some... waiting to see if I can handle this pain or am going to have to take the meds...

I am hopeful that I will be able to finish up the purse I started last Friday and then maybe to a table runner or some new butterfly wall hangings that I saw in the quilter's world magazine... they looked very cute and I love butterflys - a good scrap user upper and I think a nice way to work on my fmq... we shall see...

And as soon as it looks as though the skies aren't going to open up again, I am out to the garden to dig up some more of my Iris to pot so that it is ready to make the move to MN when we go - reducing the size of my huge flower garden and making the yard pretty for curb appeal when we put it on the market - DH has it almost completed painted and just a few more touch up areas on the inside and it will have a 4 sale sign in the yard!  the lady who comes 3 times a week to help my Mom is bringing me newspapers from her other clients so I can pack up all the fragile knick knacks - once those are packed I will be about 50% packed up... We are planning another big load to go up north in July or August - depends on how it goes...  We are getting there though... I do miss all my JIm Shore quilting figurines they made me smile as I went from room to room... I will have fun when I am unpacking in our new to us home someday in MN.  

I am sending warm quilty thoughts to all and prayers for all in need - Have a great Monday on this first week in June!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 802
Points 12,980

First day of Summer Break for DD and haven't seen her since 11am this morning.  She has texted me to let me know she is having a blast with her friends at their pool.  Oh & she informed me (she did ask) that she is going to sleep over but she will come home to tell me goodnight later. Too funny.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 241
Points 12,225

As suggested by some users, I am going to share some non-work related thoughts and information with you! I think this will become my favorite part of the day :)

As I said in my first blog post, I am a big runner. I took full advantage of the nice weather this weekend and spent a long afternoon running around Grey's Lake (bonus points if you can guess my location!) However, silly me did not use sunscreen, and my German and Norwegian heritage got the best of me. Needless to say, I am burnt to a crisp.

I also mentioned I am not much of a cook. Now that I am commuting to work, I need to make lunches. A week of PB&J sandwiches had me scouring for easy, healthy recipes for lunch. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 4:30 PM

Hi Rachel,   Gee, I'll take those PB&J sandwiches. They are my all time favorite and I eat them often.  Have an evening of grilling or baking chicken breasts.  Take a mix of raw veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. (whatever you like) and add slices of leftover chicken.  Dressing of choice on the side.  What could be healthier?

I'm sitting in a hotel room in upstate NY(near Saratoga Springs).  Had dinner with MIL (fish fries).  We can't get  them in Tn.  Can't find steamed clams either so I'm gonna get my fill while I'm up here.  Need some rest after 850 miles in the last 2 days.  I'm pooped.

Have a good week.

Diana in East Tn. (in upstate NY for a visit).

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

qcarachel, My guess is Des Moines, Iowa. There is a large recreation area there with a lake by that name.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

WOW Marie, Can't wait to see where your practice takes you!

Been a rough week around here. We lost a dear family friend on Monday. We'd spoken to her daughter on Sunday and she had assured me Grandma B was doing well and had plans to come up and see us in a few weeks. Monday she quite literally dropped dead in her tracks (lucky lady!) Today was the funeral. I saw people I haven't seen in 15-20 years (man, that made me feel old). It felt good to reconnect with old friends, despite the unfortunate circumstances.

Wednesday morning my Aunt passed away. We'll be traveling for her funeral in a few days. Ironically Grandma B and my aunt knew each other well  through their volunteer work so I will be seeing many of the same acquaintances at that gathering. ,  

In the meantime, my job has me on the road too. I'll be in the truck no less then 12 hours tomorrow, in order to pack and haul items from a sister facility.  I think I'm gonna be mighty tired of sitting in the car before much longer.  It's gonna be a very long day. 

And amidst all of that, we are trying to celebrate Jr's birthday. It's hard to schedule cake and ice cream when we are spending so much time traveling to memorials.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 7:20 PM

Sorry for your double loss, CC. A big Happy Birthday to Jr, it's tough for him.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 802
Points 12,980

Cc so sorry for your losses. What a week is right.  It can only get better. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 8:55 PM

CC very sorry for your losses - they used to say bad things come in 3's so I hope you don't have anything else coming.  It has always happened that way for me.  I am so sorry though - it is hard to lose friends and family!  My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 717
Points 14,070

This isn't what we did today, but Zoetc49 and I had a very fun adventure on Sunday!  We rode segways all around downtown Pittsburgh and through the section of the city called "North Side."  Has anyone else ever been on a segway?  I want one now. During the tour we rode across two bridges, two times each. I am so afraid of heights!  So I just looked straight ahead for those parts of the tour. There were three other people on the tour with us plus the tour guide. In North Side we stopped and got ice balls at a little stand that has been there for decades. The guy scrapes a big block of ice by hand and puts it in a paper cup and someone else adds the flavor. The banana flavor was very good but....Brain freeze!  Ouch!  but if any of you get the chance to ride a segway, you have to try it. We had so much fun!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 72 (1067 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use