Top 10 Posters

Tip: want to perfect your technique in free-motion quilting?

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Sat, May 31 2014 8:08 AM

Thanks CC, I'll have a look at it.  What holds the pen in place?

I was looking at the Sweet Sixteen, doesn't look like it would take up too much room.  I'm going to check one of the quilt shops in my area that carries HQ's and see if they carry it so I could sit down and try it out.  The shop is having a 0% finance charge with monthly payments I'd like to check out.  I've literally quit quilting until I can get some of my many UFO's done.  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 752
Points 11,960

Marie. I think your going to love the HQ's. They are very smooth. Wish I could afford one. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Sat, May 31 2014 9:07 AM

Donna, I don't know if I could afford one either but I'm going to check it out with the 0% and monthly payments.  Let all know later. 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

Since everyone else is ok with sharing how to make one, here is what my husband used:  3/4" cabinet grade plywood with extra lacquer for smoothness,  and an 1/4" clothes rob.  1/4 - 20 thumbscrew and 1/4 - 20 embedded nut to hold pencil or pen in the hole.  Also, 2" drywall screws to mount wooden clothes rod.  That is how he did it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Sat, May 31 2014 10:16 AM

Pam, could you possibly post a pic, I'm a visual learner?

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

I do not see a icon to insert pics.  If there is one, it is not high lighted.  If you want, you can email me at pamjoyquilts@live.com and send me your email address, then I can send you the picture.  OK?

Have a blessed Sunday.

PAM

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 12:31 PM

Pam, look for the film strip in the above bar when answering a post.  When you put your arrow on it, it will say "insert Media", click that and then find the picture and choose, then insert.  Hope this helps.  Maybe someone else here would like to see a picture as well.

Marie

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 752
Points 11,960

Marie I am with you I can't read and visualize in my head at all.  I have to actually see it in order to understand it

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 190
Beth replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 8:13 AM

Hi Pamela,

I would also like to receive pics of it.  I sent you an email today, and it was returned undeliverable.  My email is geas0918@gmail.com.  Thanks for sharing with us!  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 752
Points 11,960

Practiced with mine yesterday. Love it

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

Marie, the picture that I want to send you I tried the media clip but it wouldn't take a .jpeg pic.  Can someone help me again?  Thank you.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 370
Points 7,390
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 7:37 AM

Pamela Joy Licatino:

Marie, the picture that I want to send you I tried the media clip but it wouldn't take a .jpeg pic.  Can someone help me again?  Thank you.

It will take jpg. files...all the pics I post are jpg's  ....click on the film strip icon, click browse......find the file you want to send, highlight the picture, click open, then click insert. (If you have written anything with the post make sure you hit the enter key to advance the cursor to the next line so that when the picture posts it does open in the middle of your sentence)............it does take a few seconds after you hit POST for the reply to appear.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 330
Monica replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 9:06 AM

Ladies - thanks for the inspiration.  I have taken a class . . .waiting on my sew steady extension table before I get started.  This is a great idea to help build confidence without using up fabric / batting etc.  Thanks for the idea.  (one more sewing gadget . . :-)  )

Thanks again - Monica

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 330
Monica replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 9:06 AM

Ladies - thanks for the inspiration.  I have taken a class . . .waiting on my sew steady extension table before I get started.  This is a great idea to help build confidence without using up fabric / batting etc.  Thanks for the idea.  (one more sewing gadget . . :-)  )

Thanks again - Monica

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 752
Points 11,960

Makes it a lot easier to practice that's for sure. 

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use