Top 10 Posters

I have been searching for the place to post ...

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
301 Posts
Points 4,575
Marianne Nowicki posted on Wed, May 28 2014 5:02 AM

I have been looking around is this the right place to post a new question or start a discussion?

I want to brag about my DH.  He made us coffee curtains for our sewing room all by himself.    Marianne

• | Post Points: 155

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
808 Posts
Points 15,300

How nice! He did a great job!

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
227 Posts
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Wed, May 28 2014 6:09 AM

Marianne, he did a great job!! Their beautiful!!!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,504 Posts
Points 417,409
gini replied on Wed, May 28 2014 8:39 AM

Marianne, this is the perfect spot to post, and your DH did a wonderful job.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
182 Posts
Points 2,685

Marianne, WOW! I am impressed.  So is there some competition in the sewing room? Star blocks are my favorites. I have books on them. I am a widow, my husband did some of the cooking [self preservation] LOL  now its just me and my german sheperd .  So do you quilt together?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 12:59 AM

good for him he did a great job sounds like a  keeper LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,412 Posts
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 2:10 AM

Your hubby did a great job! Do you feel like you are competing against one another? Or, do you just support one another? I think it's great you both quilt together.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
301 Posts
Points 4,575

Betty,

I'm sorry to read that you lost your husband, you have my sympathy.  We also have a German Shepherd and a Poodle.

Yes, we quilt together.  I started last year to do patchwork and the stars were my first project.  My sewing machine didn't want to co operate and my DH offered to take a look.  After I few days I asked him if I could have my sewing machine back.  He replied that it was now HIS sewing machine.  That's how it started.  No competition, we both are trying to learn new things. We're trying to avoid getting Alzheimer or dementia.  He had Alzheimer in his family and I had a stroke.   I will tell him that everybody likes  his work.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,608 Posts
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 5:47 AM

Wow Marianne, I am impressed with your husband's talent. The curtains look great.      Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Love them Marianne, he did a wonderful job and how wonderful that you have something that you both like to do and can work at it together.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,831 Posts
Points 123,575

Marianne, he did a beautiful job. Love the curtains

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,550 Posts
Points 47,780

Marianne your husband did a great job on the curtains. How wonderful that you can both share in this activity. However, I might have an issue if someone started taking over MY sewing machine or MY stash. LOL, hope the sewing room continues to be a friendly place. I also hope that quilting helps prevent Alzheimers as it has been in my family too.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,222 Posts
Points 18,875

Marianne your husband did a great job.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,608 Posts
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 1:50 PM

Marianne - his work is awesome and I want you to know that it is wonderful to have a friend and husband who can share with you your passion - do you both have sewing machines now - or do you trade off!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,224 Posts
Points 16,470

Marianne, Beautiful curtains !!!  Your DH is a real Gem. Im so happy for the both of you and wish you all the best on your quilting journey together. My DH wants to learn how to quilt on a long arm so when he retires he will have more to do. He is very helpful to me in mt sewing room, too.   Susan

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use