If your name is not on the below list and you want to participate - please send me an answered questionaire by the 30th.
1. Althea Foster (Thea)
2. Sharon Decker - rec'd questionaire
3. KerryG - rec'd questionaire
4. Wendy123 - rec'd questionaire
5. Yvonne Hamilton - rec'd questionaire
6. Karla - rec'd questionaire
7. Pat Harvey - rec'd questionaire
8. Mz M - rec'd questionaire
9. Roxanna Whitner - rec'd questionaire
10. Rhonnie Schaaff - rec'd questionaire
11. Bonita - rec'd questionaire
12. Carmel - rec'd questionaire
13. Christine Walter - rec'd questionaire
14. Dawn - rec'd questionaire
15. Margaret from Oregon - rec'd questionaire
16. Sue Bradley - rec'd questionaire
17. Judi Reiss - rec'd questionaire
18. Pat Badder - rec'd questionaire
19. Carolyn Beau - rec’d questionaire
20. Barbara Rickman – rec’d questionaire
21. Jan in Rochester - rec'd questionaire
22. Cathy Wiggins - rec'd questionaire
23. Angele - rec'd questionaire
24. Caryl Ann Rosten – rec’d questionnaire
25. Regina – overseas – rec'd questionaire
26. Jean(south carolina) - rec'd questionaire
27. Candis Waddle - rec'd questionaire
28. Linda Koller (scrapquilter) - rec'd questionaire
29. Mary Thomas - rec'd questionaire
30. Melissa Halpain - rec'd questionaire
31. OneOldGoat(Beth) - rec'd questionaire
32. Bridget-Carol Lay - rec'd questionaire
33. Madelaine Wallace(Memoose55) - rec'd questionaire
34. Weezee56 - rec'd questionaire
35. Mimi(Jean Hoerr - rec'd questionaire
36. Darlene Harris (hhhdmh) - rec'd questionaire
37. Victoria Griffin(zoetc49) - rec'd questionaire
38. Denise Walker - rec'd questionaire
39. Kate Welch - rec'd questionaire
40. Carol Golembiewski - rec'd questionaire
41. Barbara Bettencourt - rec'd questionaire
42. Julienne Bonvillian - rec'd questionaire
43. Donna Gilliam - rec'd questionaire
Thea- where can I see a the guidelines/rules for the SS 2014? I'd like to read over everything before I join!
Piece, Love, Quilt
Just sent you an email Thea.
Erin I got it and put your name on the list -
to all - if you send me an email - I will update the list in CAYL but may not get here to let you know so check there to see if you name is on the list!
Latest updated list - if you are on the fence - today is the last day to sign up for this program - I need to have your name and questionaire emailed to me today!
44. Erin Dipity - rec'd questionaire
45, Zsofia - rec'd questionaire
46. Lena Carroll - rec'd questionaire
47. Patricia Faye - rec'd questionaire
48. Lisa McCurdy - rec'd questionaire
Thea - I am really website challenged. I joined QCA a couple of months ago and have been struggling to find my way around. I found this group earlier in the week and have been searching for a way to find the questionaire. I can't see your e-mail and would very much like to join the Secret Santa event. Help, please?
Hi quiltdlite! You can find the questionnaire by going to the Christmas All Year Long page and on the right side you will see "Pages". Click on that and you will see another place to click on for the questionnaire. :) We're all excited....only two days until we find out who we get!!
Thanks, Barbara - I found it and mailed it off. I'm excited now, too!
I am also new to QCA Can you please send me the information so I can decide if I want to join?
Hi Monica! I'm sure Thea is very busy getting ready to start drawing names so she can tell us on Sunday who we have so I'll try to help you out. On your home page, click on "Groups" in the red bar toward the top of the page. Then click on "Christmas All Year Long", then click on "Pages" on the right side of page, and there you'll see the section for the questionnaire and more info. Good luck!
Monica - I am sorry that I didn't answer your query - yesterday was a very busy day here at the house doing housework. I finally got my new steamer for my kitchen floor and those who know me know I was very frustrated this past year trying to get my Pergo flooring to look clean "to me". I spent the whole day steam cleaning and then putting a wax shine down on it - so all this said it is the reason I was not here to answr any of your questions.
Today I will still accept names but only if they are sent early in the day. I have all my preparations to make today to start my random selection of names.
To enter the Program or learn about it you have to become a member of Christmas All Year Long Group. It is a closed group so you have to request membership - but I get notices of this in my email so they are normally approved very quickly as long as it doesn't go to the pending member thingie which requires one of the QCA "Cheyenne or Rachel etc" to approve it - if that happens just send me a quick IM and I'll send you the questionaire and we will deal with the membership to the group... You can also go to Facebook and search for the Christmas All Year Long Group and request membership there. I have the files there for the questionaire.
I have advertised this program for 5 years now and the program for 2014 has been advertised since January - we always have people that procrastinate and wait till the last minute to join in so I give those people this one additional day but if I get a request after midnight tonight it will not be in the program. I do everything very random - I assign the names on the list a # - then I put little slips of paper in 2 bowls with those #'s on them - I draw 1 # from each bowl - the first bowl is the # of the person who will be the SS and the 2nd bowl holds the #s of the person who will be the recipient - then I go back to the paper with your # on it and put the other # next to yours. it is the best way I have found to do this totally randomly. I then go to my files and pull up the questionaire that was sent to me and send it out to the SS. It takes me about 6 hours to do this - if I get a name after I have started the procedure it isn't too much of a big deal to put one more # in the bowl - but if I am almost to the end - then I have to start all over - I do not want to do that and I believe giving people 5 full months to sign up and the gentle reminders I send to those who have signed up but no questionaire is enough time.
I do apologize to those members who join after our program has started and is going because we do send the names out the 1st of June and not in say September - but that is because the members of this program for the past 4-6 years have said they wanted the name earlier so that they could prepare special things for their recipient and also that this way you don't have all the cost of a special package dropped on you at the same time you are preparing things for close family and friends.
I hope that this explains the program and any questions that anyone would have.
There are only basically 2 rules to the program besides getting the questionaire to me after you sign up.
1. the MINIMUM value of the Package is the cost of 2 1 /2 yards of fabric from a QUILT shop(not walmart, kmart, hobby lobby, michaels) approximately the cost today would be around $25 - $30
2. Your package is to be sent out on the date we name as the sending date - not before and not after unless some emergency comes up - we want everyone in the program to be receiving their packages on roughly the same day as it does hurt some to see others receiving their gift and wondering if theirs is ever going to arrive...
You can open your package whenever you want but we do like to here that it has arrived so that I can check your name off - we have angels set up so that if so some unforeseen reason someoen just doesn't send a box out that this can be done quickly so the person who has been in the program and sent out a box will get a nice package - this package isn't always geared to that specific individual like we would like but my angels do a wonderful job on this.
Lastly, and this is truly a big one to me - if for some reason as the date to send starts to arrive and you are overwhelmed that you have procrastinate and done nothing towards putting a box together for whatever reason - I know some always think - I'll do this tomorrow - that you CONTACT ME so that I have time to either put a box together myself or contact one of my angels.... for us we would like to know sooner rather then waiting for that name that doesn't get checked off on my list of names for package received. There are no recriminations to anyone - we want you to enjoy the box that you will have received whether you send one out or not because your SS will have been praying and putting special items in your box for the time of the program - And we do know that Life Happens....
So saying all that - PLEASE if you are on the fence Join IN and send me that questionaire today... as stated above I do accept names today but they have to come early...
The final list I have right now is"1. Althea Foster (Thea)
49. Julie Brummond - rec'd questionaire
50. Connie Goodwin - rec'd questionaire
Since today is the BIG day we find out who our Secret Santa recipients are (if you signed up), this is just a reminder to PLEASE go to the CAYL group discussion Thea started "thought of a question not on our questionnaire " and answer a few extra questions. It might help your Secret Santa find something else for your box!! Thanks!!