quilts made from clothing

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
Molovestoquilt Posted: Sun, May 25 2014 10:17 PM

I will be making 5 quilts from the clothing of two people who have recently died in a car crash. They will be quilts made just of the grandparents' clothing, for their grandchildren.  How do I know how much usable fabric I will have? What patterns are best to use for cut-up fabric from clothing? And how do I know what sized quilts I will end up with?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,655
Deb replied on Sat, May 31 2014 7:23 PM

Molovestoquilt, when I did memory quilts from my pops shirt when he passed away, I did five throw size quilts . I did a scrappy block made from the shirts and then used bought fabric for the sashing between blocks . I just cut up the shirts using only the fabric that was not worn hard, so some shirts I got more usage than others. I made blocks until I didn't gave any more shirting. Then divded them up, that help me to know how wide the sashing should be so it would be throw size. My siblings and Mom were delighted! Hope this makes some sense to you! :) 

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.