Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,249
Points 254,377
Thea Posted: Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:11 AM

Have any of you watched the promotional videos for Quilt it!  I have and I am really looking forward to this show... starts in what less then 2 weeks... whoopee!  finally a show to teach us how to quilt our quilts... I really can't wait for this.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,175
Points 387,812
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:32 AM

Thea,

I'm really excited for it to get started too. I love that there's a show dedicated to finishing our quilts with style. I hope to learn so much.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:16 AM

I wish I had faster Internet so I could watch online videos more easily.  I gave up my subscription to "The Quilt Show" because of that.  It seems like we have members from lots of remote locations.  Does anyone else suffer from choppy video?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:44 AM

Thea, I did watch promo video of Quilt it and am looking really forward to it.

Nancy, I have dsl through my phone company and love it. It only costs $19.95 a month. It is so much faster than dial up. Choppy video's could also be from needing to upgrade you computer, but most likely it's choppy because your download speeds on dial up are too slow to keep up. Do you have adobe flash player? It's a free download, and made to play video. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 4,380
Gale replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:53 PM

I know the pain of dialup. :( we had it for about 8 yrs before we got DSL but our DSL is not super fast either. I have to pause videos and wait for them to load before I watch them. We only pay $13 for DSL (dialup was actually higher at $17 until they reduced the DSL price shortly after we switched) but it's 512 mbps which is probably at least 3 times slower than most people's DSL. Still, it's faster than dialup. I feel for ya.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 2:09 PM

Thea,  Hate to be dumb about this but what is Quilt It?  I've been overwhelmed with house improvements, taking care of Dad,and moving our son to his new home that I'm out of the loop on this one.  I keep telling myself I'm going to get my sewing room in order and get the machine going but there hasn't been time for that.  I'm going through "quilting withdrawl" and feel so inferior when I go to quilt club with nothing to show.  I'm hoping things will swing my way and I'll get busy again sewing.  But if you could, tell me what Quilt It is.   Thanks!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Quilt It, Tammy, is the new online show about machine quilting. I haven't watched it yet, but supposedly, it's for LAQ but quilters who use domestic machines can learn from it, too.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,249
Points 254,377
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:19 PM

Tammy - Judy is so right - it is not just going to be about Long Arm Quilting but Mid Arm and domestic machines... a show all about teaching us how to finish our quilts...

If you go over to QNNtv - you will see a promotional video about it... it is going to be produced the same way that Quilt Out Loud is done... an episode each week and then the last week of the month you will be able to watch the whole show for the month.  I am fairly sure that it will be debuting each episode on Tues and QOL will be on Thurs. 

I am so looking forward to it.  I have taught myself to machine quilt and hand quilt my quilts by myself - when I started quilting there was hardly anything in the bookstore or any DVDs to help me.  I learned from books but have to say that now that there are more DVDs out there my quilting has become better... but I look so forward to hearing from professional teachers on how to do it so that my quilts can be all that they can be.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:25 PM

Thank you Judy and Althea for giving me the heads up on this new show.  Guess I need to get my head out of the clouds and log on more often to see what's new and going on.  Again thanks!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Oh, my Gosh, I've died and gone to heaven. I didn't know about the videos and QNN.This is great! Here goes my painting business down the toilet. I'm never leaving my computer chair again. I already watched a couple of videos and probably won't be able to sleep tonight. Are you notified when a new series or video goes up? When does the quilt the quilt one start and is it a certain time or do you just find it and watch when you want? This is great! This is better than chocolate or strawberry shortcake!

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 5:34 PM

Diane Morgan:
This is better than chocolate or strawberry shortcake!
  but it's not better than both together?   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I've never had both together but it's better than both together. I'll never sleep again. I'll be out here sneaking on the computer at 3 in the morning watching videos. Oh, this is bad.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 5:54 PM

somebody needs to invent a corneal implant with streaming video so we can watch these where ever we are.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,249
Points 254,377
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:24 PM

Diane, since you are a member of QCA you get the videos anytime you want them... QOL and Quilt it bring out new videos each week and then the last week of the month they compile the whole month of videos into one... Quilt it starts the 1st week in April QOL has been out for I think 9 months now...

One Quilt it will broadcast a new video on Tuesdays and QOL will come out with a new video each Thursday.

the other videos on QNNtv are added when they are no longer being broadcast or owned by other television stations... like PBS...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 645

Iam looking forward to see it I love watchingthe other show QUILt Out loud too   can not wait and spring is here too hopefully no more cold days and snow

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.