Page 3 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 37 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,686
Points 248,737
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 27 2014 8:15 PM

I read your before post and see this is the pattern you bought - it is an awesome quilt I think and perfect for my DH... I used my own fabrics for it too - the directions are very well written - I can't wait to see yours!  Have fun on your adventure!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 13,335
Michelle replied on Sun, Jun 29 2014 6:41 PM

Thea, glad to know. Now if I have problems I can ask you. I bought it at Material Girls in Fairbanks. Thought it looked like a good representation of the area and all the animals we have seen. 

I also have updated my blog and got to meet Sue and her husband the other night. Had dinner together and got to see several of her quilts she had made. Love meeting new friends on the road! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,686
Points 248,737
Thea replied on Sun, Jun 29 2014 6:50 PM

Michelle, I will be more then glad to help but please know all I have done are the main blocks - I got sick when I was making them and barely got them done - I found them the other day when I was packing and told myself I have to get this quilt done for Christmas this year to give to DH... son will be so mad but this one was bought for DH to have... I was going to have it done this year for his birthday - well that didn't happen but now that teh stimulator is working and I can sew most days now I will get back at it... I am not sure what I had pulled to make the borders - will have to figure it out - I was packing so many things last year so that we could paint the back room where I had set up my sewing stuff... now I am in a tiny corner in the bedroom... most of the stuff is packed and up in our storage unit... I think though that I did keep out the fabrics - just have to hunt a little... but I do know I have the blocks here!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 9:48 AM

Michelle it's awesome you got to meet Sue.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 13,335
Michelle replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 9:57 AM

Yes, Kris, we are having a wonderful time and meeting so many new friends along the road. Sue and DH are wonderful people. SHe has several of her quilts with her and the one she is working on with you. Beautiful! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 135
Chippy66 replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 8:09 PM

Sue,

Thank you for your reply. I like the idea of a crazy quilt. Have always wanted to make one.

We will be going to Denali so I will look to see if the Clear Sky Lodge is on our route. Sounds like a great place to stay.

Again thanks for the info.

Sue

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 135
Chippy66 replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 8:12 PM

Michelle,

Those are beautiful fabrics. Hopefully I will be as successful.

Sue

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 135
Chippy66 replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 8:15 PM

Michelle,

Northern Wilderness is a beautiful pattern. I think it would be perfect for the Alaska quilt. Thanks so much for sharing.

Sue

Page 3 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use