Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 415
Cherie Posted: Wed, May 14 2014 8:54 AM

I have made a couple of quilts in my life time before youtube and did the best I knew how without anyone showing me.  Now my passion has grown to the point I think it about while I am eating, sleeping, taking a shower, playing with the dogs, visiting friends, and family.  I can't quit thinking about it.  Too bad I am almost 50 now and have a full time job with retirement not coming for another 17 yrs or so.  By then I will probably hurt so bad, I won't want to quilt. lol But anyway, I am doing the best I can considering.  It's slow going, but it's going.  

I joined up here to make new friends and have access to the How-to videos and get inspired from seeing all of your beautiful quilts.  Every time I click on the "How-to videos", I get an error message.  The error says: "Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!  Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred.  We apologize and have logged the error.  Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too".  I think others are having that same problem, I am not sure.  I emailed them and they told me to clear my cookies, cache, and turn off my computer for 5 minutes and to let them know if it didn't help.  Well it didn't help and I let them know and have not heard back from them yet.  I really want to see the How-to Videos.  I am able to see the QNNtv.com videos and have been loving them.  I have learned a ton.  But I am a little disappointed in this one? But I love looking at all your quilts..

Cherie 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 206
Points 3,440
hhhdmh replied on Wed, May 14 2014 9:09 AM

Welcome Cherie!

God Bless

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Wed, May 14 2014 9:09 AM

Cherie from Texarkana, ARKANSAS, welcome! I'm also from Arkansas just up the road a bit. I look forward to becoming friends. I'm in Hot Springs Village.

Anyway, we are so happy to have you on QCA. Concerning your problem, have you tried another browser? Many are having success with Chrome. I had to use Firefox at first and then my Safari worked so go figure! They are working on the site as we speak and it has shown much improvement. What type of videos are you interested in seeing?

Please be certain to explore the site. We have just started a group called '"A Quilting Resource" where we are trying to post info that everyone needs. It's slow process but if there is a need we are getting it up as soon as possible.

Again, welcome. You will absolutely love the friends you meet here. (And I am so excited to see a fellow Arkansan!)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Wed, May 14 2014 9:12 AM

Welcome Cherie  from California.  I am also self taught,!  but I STILL  am a hand quilter!  Some habits don't die.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 415
Cherie replied on Wed, May 14 2014 9:50 AM

Hi Roxana, 

It's cool to see some fellow Arkansans..

I have tried using the two browers on my computer which are the latest versions of Internet Explorer and Chrome.  Neither one work and it don't work on my IPad, not my other computer.  :(  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 415
Cherie replied on Wed, May 14 2014 9:54 AM

lol.. I would never get anything accomplished if I had to hand quilt.  I am already struggling for time.  :)  

Cherie

Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Cherie, I installed Firefox on my laptop and have had no problems since. Hope you get your problem settled. I have Arkansas family, live near Little Rock. Have not been there, but it's on my "must do" list. 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Cheri Welcome you will love this site.  I had luck on Google Chrome with updating my profile.  Site is still a bit quirky but thats okay I'm a bit quirky too.

Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,875

LOL LOL Mamag.... 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 415
Cherie replied on Wed, May 14 2014 12:33 PM

I just tried Firefox and get the same message.  I even tried Safari using internet app on my samsung Note II phone and I know it is on a different network and everything and still get the same message.  Look below, see what I have circled in blue, that is where I get the following message.  Look below it.. I am going crazy.  Surely someone else is getting this message too?  I have tried it on several different computer, 4 different browsers. 2 different networks.  Still same message.  ugh!!! 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Cherie that is what I kept getting until I tried opening the site in Google Chrome and then I was able to see everything.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, May 14 2014 3:53 PM

Welcome to the gang Cherie, nice to have you on board.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, May 14 2014 4:19 PM

Hi Cherie, welcome to the gang.   We are having a retreat in branson next February.  We would love to meet you, even if you could only pop in for an afternoon.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Wed, May 14 2014 4:21 PM

I'm getting the same message on that link...

Try this link and see if you can get this video..

Sew Easy Lesson: Trimming for Square-in-a-Square Unit

or this one

Video Tip: Copy The Pattern to the Template

and see if they work.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 415
Cherie replied on Wed, May 14 2014 5:22 PM

It does it in google chrome for me. :( 

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use