Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea Posted: Thu, May 8 2014 6:45 AM

For any new members, we have a secret santa program that is about ready to kick off.  We have done this for the last 5 or so years here on QCA.   For the last couple years the program has kicked off the first of June so that the Secret Santas can have a little more time putting together their fantastic boxes of goodies for their recipients.  

If you would like to participate, join the Christmas All Year Long Group.  Follow the directions over there and copy and paste your questionaire and send it back to me by the 30th of May.  The cut off for all questionaire's is that date.  I do not take in any other members for participation after that cut-off date.  

All Old members that have not signed up yet but still want to participate - please sign up and get your questionaires to me by the 30th.

We have basically only 2 rules for the program - the least amount that your box can be worth is the cost of 2 1/2 yards of fabric bought from a quilt shop.  The 2nd rule is that you do not send your box out until the date that has been picked for shipping the boxes.  This rule is because it isn't fair to others who all of a sudden see members getting their goodie boxes and wondering if they are going to get one - Just a request to be fair to everyone... this rule is subjective though - because if you know in advance that you are going to be gone on the date of posting then you can send early but let one of the owners of the Group know that you are going to be doing this so we can be prepared.

We, also, request that if something should happen that you are unable to send a box out and you know prior to posting date that you please let us know.  We have many Christmas angels that put a little extra aside to take care of this - you will still receive your gift from your Secret Santa as they will have been preparing your box for months - so we don't penalize you for not being able to send out - but we like to know so that your recipient will get a box prepared for them and not just something that overnight I have to put together or one of my other angels...

Thank you - and remember the cut off date for those questionaires to me is May 30th... God bless you to have a wonderful Year and a special Christmas season for the whole year!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 138
Points 2,150

Hi Thea,

I'm Barbara from California....a new member.  I am interested in joining the Christmas group but wanted to see the questionnaire so I clicked on the group name, then on Apply to Join, and the following message came up:

"You do not have permissions to view the requested group. You have applied for membership to the group, however your membership is still pending. Please contact an administrator or moderator about approving your membership."  

Can you please explain what I did wrong?  I did not see an option for the questionnaire.

Thanks,

Barbara

Barbara

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,640

Barbara, I remember having a problem when I first applied, too. But it did go through later without me doing anything else.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 138
Points 2,150

Thanks Carol!!  That's good to know.  I'll wait a few days and if no luck I'll try again.  It sounds like a fun group to be in but I'm very curious about what is on the questionnaire!

Barbara from California

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, May 8 2014 9:59 AM

Barbara - Every once in a while something happens when a person requests to become a member of the Group and it lists you as a Pending Member - if you can - go back and delete the request as I can't do anything about it... then request membership again.  I will try in the meantime just to add your name.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, May 8 2014 10:03 AM

Barbara - I tried to just add your name to the group but it doesn't register a Barbara from California - I have to have a first and last name to be able to find you!  You can also go to facebook and request membership to our group there - it also is a closed group though so you won't be able to see anything unless you request membership.  We have had a few problems in the past so our groups are closed.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 11,105

Thea I tried to the same thing happened.  Not sure how to do it on Facebook.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 138
Points 2,150

Good News!  I received an email stating I had access and had been accepted to the Christmas All Year Long group!  I guess it just took awhile to process.  Thank you to everyone for helping me.  Now I'll try to figure out what I am supposed to do but if I have questions I'll be calling on you again.   :)

Thanks again,

Barbara from California

Barbara

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 11,105

Me too.  Ditto on what Barbara posted.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use