Alaska for the Summer

Page 6 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Fri, May 23 2014 12:53 AM

Thanks for the kind words.  It's almost midnight here in Dawson Creek, everyone has gone to bed so the internet connection is fast.  Today DH and I went to the quilt store in downtown.  They are having a 25% off sale on panels.  I found one with tree animals and one with typical British Columbia Animals.  Don't know yet what I will do with them.  Then we took a ride west on Highway 49 to what should have been another quilt shop except that now the hours are changed and it's only open by appointment now.  Since we have our phones turned off, we couldn't call.  But they did have some lovely animals. 

That's a Llama. The white ones were behind the horses.  There were also cages of bunnies but the photo didn't come out.

More on the blog.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sat, May 24 2014 12:34 AM

Hello friends,

Tomorrow we leave Dawson Creek and will be out of internet service areas for at least a week.  I'll have to keep good notes so when we do get service again I can post the correct information.

Tomorrow is also our 41st anniversary.  This trip is our gift to each other.  Today we joined the group in town for a group photo.

I'll be in touch again in about a week, I think.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sat, May 24 2014 4:54 AM

Sue,

What a great anniversary present!  My inlaws gave us ours trip to Alaska for our 25th and it was just what we needed.   What a terrific adventure you're going to have.   Enjoy!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Sat, May 24 2014 5:47 AM

Have great fun Sue and DH and friends!  I have not been able to read your blog yet, but plan on doing it this weekend.  Wishing that I were anywhere but home after taking care of ill baby for 2 weeks.   LOL    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Sue:

Thanks for sharing your pic's.  I'm enjoying your blog.   That is definitely a trip  to plan, take your time and enjoy the great company.   Thanks for letting us virtually travel along.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635

Patty, I love your slogan "a bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Sue what is your blog address again.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sat, May 31 2014 5:26 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Mamag,

this is the blog address.

http://thegreatalaskaadventure.blogspot.com/

robin

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sat, May 31 2014 5:28 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

The blog address is http://thegreatalaskaadventure.blogspot.com/.

Enjoy, Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sat, May 31 2014 5:54 AM

Sue,

Boy you guys are covering alot of ground quickly.  I love all the animal life you are seeing.  I hope you all can figure out why your Camper is not charging.   I fell in love with the wild flowers when I was there.

Robin

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sat, May 31 2014 9:01 PM

Just now reading this post about Malstrom AFB, we spent 4 years at MAFB, loved it.  Been 32 years ago since we left.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sun, Jun 8 2014 12:22 AM

Debbie, you may not recognize Great Falls or Malstrom for that matter.  I understand the old campground was in town and the new one is right on base now.  Great Falls has grown too.  Even from the last time I was there, about 10 years ago I think.

Robin, thanks for the response while I was out of internet area.

We are now in Whitehorse, leaving tomorrow morning heading toward Dawson City then the top of the world highway. And yes we are moving fast, much faster than I would like to, but we are seeing everything that there is to see, so I guess it isn't to fast.

I've been visiting quilt shops whenever I find them, have some really interesting fabrics.  They will make a great Alaska scrap type quilt, some time next year, LOL

Almost midnight now, sun still up, but I think I will head off to bed now.

• Filed under:
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sun, Jun 8 2014 4:44 AM

Sue,

I've just finished reading your blog about Skagway and the White Pass Railroad.   Loved that part of the trip.  We had sailed into Juneau and went my bus to the train and then by train over the mountain it was such a neat experience.  Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.

Robin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Fri, Jun 13 2014 11:10 PM

You are very welcome Robin. 

We arrived in Tok today and finally have a really good connection.  I'll be updating the blog in a little while.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 6:21 AM

Sue,

I just read your latest post about arriving at Tok.    Looks like you are having a wonderful adventure and terrific weather.  

Robin

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:24 AM

trying to talk DH and some friends with RVs into making this trip, probably 2016 when I'm retired.  loving your blog!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 6 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use