rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, May 13 2014 5:46 PM

SpringerMom:

Sue, were there actually flowers in the urinal? If not, considering that it is hanging on a wall of the seemingly occupied house, I wonder if it might be plumbed in and used for intended purpose?? Never underestimate people....!! haha.

Oh no, it can't be, really, gross!!!!!!  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Gross, for certain! I hope that it's an attempt at odd humor! I looked back at the photo, and see that there is also what appears to be a traffic light positioned sideways on the next wall over. So, may just be "collectors" of odd art! Who knows!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 16,410
Sue replied on Tue, May 13 2014 11:04 PM

Ladies, there were flowers at one time, now it appears to be just the dead stems hanging down.  I also think the owner is a "collector" of oddities.  Didn't want to hang around long to ask, two big mean looking dogs came running and barking toward the fence so we just skedaddled!

Today I did chores, laundry and cleaning.  After lunch my friend Carol and I did some line dancing on the concrete site next to us.  Boy do my legs and feet hurt now!  I'm used to dancing on a wood floor, but we did have a good time.  Temps got up to 70 today with sunny clear skies, some breezes.

We are traveling with friends, all of us have RV's of some kind.  So far there are two motor homes, one 5th wheel and 2 trailers.  When we get to Dawson Creek, BC there should be about 12 or 13 rigs.  More will be joining us later as they have commitments in Goshen, Ind now.  We are caravaning, but not follow the leader type.  Oh sometimes we will be traveling that way, but mostly not.  We have a destination so we can leave anytime we feel like it.  For instance our unofficial leader is departing tomorrow morning about 6am.  DH and I will probably get out somewhere between 8 and 10am.  Lethbridge isn't that far away.

That's Dennis, our unofficial leader, talking to Jon (my DH).  We had just finished putting a bug screen on the front of the truck to protect the radiator from insects and small rocks.  It's the same one we use during Love bug season in Texas so we know it works.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• Filed under:
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Wed, May 14 2014 4:30 AM

Sue,

Your message about arriving in Tok on the 13th excites me even more.  June 13th is my birthday and Alaska is were I was born, so I'll consider your pictures that day a terrific birthday present.

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Sue, I am so enjoying your "trip" and photos. I love hearing about Montana. My sis & hubby  lived in Great Falls while with the Air Force, for many years, so I was there often. I was in several places, but the closest to your travels was Helena. The Gallatin Canyon is gorgeous, have been there many times. Can hardly wait for Canada and Alaska!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Sue your making me so jealous.  Wish I was on the trip with you.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 16,410
Sue replied on Thu, May 15 2014 10:11 PM

Hi Ladies,

Finally got  a WiFi connection but it is slow, so I am going to direct you to the blog I have about this trip.

http://thegreatalaskaadventure.blogspot.com

Here I'll just say that we have been having a great time, I love reading your comments, keep them up.  Not sure when I'll have a connection again.

• Filed under:
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Mon, May 19 2014 3:23 AM

Sue,

Went to the blog site and checked out your more recent adventures.  Looks like the trip of a lifetime.

Robin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 16,410
Sue replied on Wed, May 21 2014 11:55 AM

Hi Y'all,

Just pulled into Dawson Creek, they have great WiFi so I will be bringing things up to date later today.  Very strong head wind today going from Hythe, Alb into Dawson Creek.  DH and I are going to have some lunch then go into town for some much needed groceries and slippers (we left ours at home, DUH!).  Check in later to see some of the more than 100 photos we've taken.

• Filed under:
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Post your blog link on here so I can drool over the photos.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 16,410
Sue replied on Thu, May 22 2014 1:38 AM

Here is it Donna, just finished updating it.  Had to wait until everyone here went to bed so I could have the internet to myself! LOL

http://thegreatalaskaadventure.blogspot.com

Enjoy!  Keep those comments coming, I love to hear what you all think!

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, May 22 2014 12:10 PM

Sue, thanks for the update.  What beauty is out there!  Beautiful country!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Thu, May 22 2014 4:51 PM

Sue

i just read your blog and got caught up. The part about the ridges was very interesting.  Loved the photos. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Thu, May 22 2014 8:21 PM

Sue,

thanks again for the virtual trip. I really enjoy the photos. Loved the baby geese.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Sue what a great trip love the pictures.

Page 5 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use