Page 3 of 7 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, May 8 2014 6:56 AM

Sue, great pics, thanks for sharing your trip with us.  I can't wait til the next day to see how far you've gotten and seeing all the pics you post.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 16,425
Sue replied on Thu, May 8 2014 8:27 AM

This is what we woke to this morning!

Good thing we didn't put the slide out last night!

DH says it is officially cold out!  The truck started with no problems, diesels don't like cold any more than we do!

Michele you are so lucky to have on board laundry, our rig is so small we just about have room for us and the cat!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Budget whats a budget.  Its funny I'm an accountant and was a great bean counter for many years but when it comes to my own accounts I spend it quicker than it comes in.

I can't wait to go back to Alaska, it was one of the best vacations I ever went on.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, May 8 2014 1:53 PM

Sue:
This is what we woke to this morning!

Brrrrr!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 706
Points 13,395

Sue, too cold for me.  That's why we are not hitting Canada border until at least first of June.  All the travel routes DH has been reading about all say not to get to Canada before June. It is hot here though, in south Texas.  Today wasn't too bad, but the rains were coming thru, so very humid.  Yes, we love the W/D, it was the best investment, very little clothes to pack and worry about. I gladly gave up the closet for the W/D. It also has a shelf over, so all the towels go there, all the cleaning products, etc.  Very efficient.  I also don't like laundromats. You look like you are having fun already!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,162
Kris replied on Thu, May 8 2014 6:49 PM

Sue, lovely photos. Thanks for the virtual tour. 

We've been cold here too. We hit the freezing mark overnight. in the 60s today and hoping for a warm up by week's end.

Stay safe and keep the photos coming.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Fri, May 9 2014 3:48 AM

Sue,

I'm so glad I found your post.   We traveled through Alaska two summers ago with a tour group.  Would love to do what you all are doing this summer one day.  I will certainly be looking forward to your post each day to see what all I missed.    There are neat quilt shops throughout Alaska.  I found one in almost every town we visited from Juneau to Anchorage,  bought a collection on flower pieces that represented the flowers of Alaska.  Started the top last summer when I was off (I'm a teacher) and hope to finish it this summer.   Enjoy you trip!

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 706
Points 13,395

Robin,

did you just goggle the quilt shops in Alaska? We leave out next week for our excursion north. 

Michelle B

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 532
Points 10,140
Pat A replied on Fri, May 9 2014 9:03 AM

Ohhhhh I am so jealous.  What I wonderful trip you all are having.  I would love to go to Alaska someday.  Have a wonderful time and stay safe.  Thanks for sharing your pics.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 706
Points 13,395
Michelle replied on Fri, May 9 2014 10:55 AM

Sue, must be the year of Alaska diesel truck break downs.  We just broke down south of Bastrop TX. Heading to son's graduation before leaving for Alaska. About 8 miles from Bastrop, heard loud bang and lost 1/2 power. "Limped" into Ford dealer. Blew the inner cooler. We are blessed as the dealer had the hose and his mechanic hadn't gone to lunch. Fixed it while I took a "bathroom" break, paid and back on the road. Wow! What service. Very blessed that this happened before the "real" trip next week and we would have been in West texas with no services around us. 

Michelle B

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,162
Kris replied on Fri, May 9 2014 11:48 AM

Michelle I guess that was a "lucky" breakdown. Have a great trip.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

More pictures please.  So we can drool.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Fri, May 9 2014 5:41 PM

Michelle,

I did google it.  Since we were with a travel group I googled the places we were going to stop.

In Juneau, we went to Changing Tides.

In Skagway, we went to the Russian Tailor.

In Fairbanks we escape from the tour and explored on our own, we went to Northern Thread and Material Girls.

In Anchorage, we went to The Quilted Raven.

It was lots of fun and I've enjoy having pieces with the culture and flowers in it.

Robin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 16,425
Sue replied on Sat, May 10 2014 9:45 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well after I posted what we woke to on Thurs AM, we have not had good or any internet connection until this evening.  We are now at Malstrom AFB Family Camp in Great Falls, MT.  And before you ask, no we are not retired military, we are here as guests of friends that we are going to Alaska with.

So to continue the saga, we left Cheyene and picked up the interstate for a while then some back roads and finally arrived in Lander, WY in the late afternoon.  There was a rest stop along the interstate where we discovered that the highway was originally called the Lincoln Highway.

And yes that is snow!  Here's a few more pics from the last two days.

This is Split rock that was used as a landmark by early travelers and Indians

Can't remember which river this is

But I do know that these are the Crazy Mountains, took this one today just before DH decided to change our route by taking me over the hills on a dirt road, he said it cut off a lot of miles, but not time.  Sure was a pretty drive though!

Then we joined Mt Hwy 89,beautiful drive thru a valley, canyon and beside the Yellowstone, the Bridger  and some other river  I can't remember.  Near the top at 6600+ elevation we ran into snow then gravel sized hail and rain.

We'll be here for a few days doing last minute stuff before heading into Canada. More later.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, May 11 2014 6:51 AM

Sue, I am so enjoying you pictures and commentary of your Alaska trip, but I don't know that I would be enjoying the snow so much as we had the snowiest winter in recorded history here where I livein Michigan.     LOL     Ginny

Page 3 of 7 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use