Page 2 of 7 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,245
Sue replied on Sun, May 4 2014 8:39 PM

Sukochi:

You and Michelle should put your heads togeter and see if you might be in the same place at the same time. Preferably where there is a quilt shop

Sure gonna try Sukochi.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,245
Sue replied on Sun, May 4 2014 8:41 PM

Flo:

when we travel I get 1 piece of fabric that is unique to that state

Flo, that sound like a great idea!  I'll be in touch.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,245
Sue replied on Sun, May 4 2014 8:52 PM

So today we went from Guthrie, OK to Hutchinson, KS.  Saw a quilt shop in Conway Springs, closed since it is Sunday, called The Old Quilt Shop.  They had an impressive mural of a quilt painted on the wall.  Since I was driving today, DH was supposed to take pictures, he missed that one and there was no place to turn around and go back!  Oh well, another time, sounds like I need to organize a shop hop trip thru North Texas , OK and KS.  Course it will have to be in RV's so we will have plenty of room for fabric!  LOL!

We got off of I-35 and took some back roads thru Kansas, aren't these pretty roads?

Then we saw this field, don't know what it is, but it sure is pretty.

More later!

• Filed under:
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Sun, May 4 2014 10:12 PM

Got your email.  will send info tomorrow, have to dig out my quilt shop log I started.  PS Kansas is big on Wizard of Oz fabrics!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, May 5 2014 2:08 PM

Sue:
So today we went from Guthrie, OK to Hutchinson, KS. 

It looks like you got out of Guthrie, OK in time...seems they have a huge wildfire today.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295

Sue, Looking forward to all your pictures you will be taking ahead of us.  We should be heading out about mid May.  Going thru NM and over to CA then up to Seattle and hitting the Alcan from there. 

I am able to post on here lately but only from my laptop, Is anyone else having that issue?  I can't post anything on my iPhone.  I sent an email to Administration and they say that because others can get on, it must be my problem and I have to figure it out.  Would really like to post pictures from my phone like I used to. Anyone that might be able to help?  I have tried both Safari and Google Chrome with the iPhone.  Safari works on the laptop.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 81
Points 1,425

Be safe in your travels and enjoy that adventure because life is to short to not enjoy the very thing we set out to do.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 81
Points 1,425

Be safe in your travels and enjoy that adventure because life is to short to not enjoy the very thing we set out to do.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 401
Points 6,800
Phyllis replied on Tue, May 6 2014 9:31 AM

Sue, where are you going in Alaska?  My son-in-law was raised in North Pole Alaska and he would love to move there.  However, before he married my daughter I made him promise he wouldn't move up there until husband and I were retired and could move with them!  i also have cousin who moved from the desert of Barstow CA to Anchorage and they wouldn't live anywhere else!  Have a great trip and send lots of pictures.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 401
Points 6,800
Phyllis replied on Tue, May 6 2014 9:32 AM

Of course we are big on Wizard of Oz fabrics, that is our claim to fame!!! HaHa

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Tue, May 6 2014 10:08 AM

If my son, who is stationed in Kansas ever has a girl, she will get a Wizaed of Oz quilt...But alas I only have GrandDogs with from him.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,245
Sue replied on Tue, May 6 2014 8:49 PM

Karla, we did get out of Guthrie just in time.  I feel sorry for those in the fire area.  Candis I hope your son is safe.  Phyllis, we are going to try to tour the entire state!  At least where there are roads!  From the North, where we enter to the south.

The last few days we've been in Hutchinson, KS visiting my cousin, her dad and my mom are sibs.  We also took a side trip to see her son and his 4 kids.  Unfortunately we didn't have time to do much sightseeing, we want to come back another time to do that, or visit quilt shops, guess that will be another trip!

We are now in Siebert, CO, that's East of Denver.  The drive here was very nice, all two lane roads, lots of farming and cattle.  If  I don't get on for a few days, it's because we are only staying overnight until we get to Yellowstone.

• Filed under:
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295

Sue, you are so far ahead of us!!  I'm still packing the RV.  We have son's graduation from Texas A&M this weekend, then I can get the last few things ready to pack.  Have it all clean, that's a huge part for me.  We keep it mostly packed, just food products that are not canned, to put in.  Yeah, almost on the road!! 

Michelle B

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,245
Sue replied on Wed, May 7 2014 7:54 PM

Michelle, It took me 3 weeks to get the RV packed, and I don't work! Plus two weeks before that to get the outside washed and the inside cleaned.  We don't keep it packed because we don't have two sets of things except for sheets, so everything we want to take has to come out of the house, and we still forgot some!

Today we drove from Siebert, CO to the CO/WY border.  Along the way we had some wonderful two lane roads and no traffic.  We saw this on the east side of Greeley.

Turned the corner and saw DH's favorite truck!  Now he wants one, unfortunately there isn't room on our lot, or should I say thank goodness!

Later that afternoon at a "rest stop" we saw and heard this wonderful fellow:

The the sky opened up, rain, sleet, hail (pea sized) and snow!  Fortunately, DH was driving, slowly, very slowly!

We arrived at Terry Bison RV Ranch on the CO/WY border by mid afternoon and to much cooler temps than the am.  The ranch is over 25,000 acres and has a herd of Bison in excess of 2500.  They have recently added Ostrich and Camels to the livestock.

As I write this the rain and wind have picked up again, supposed to last most of the night, hope the trailer doesn't rock and roll to much!

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295

Sue, what beautiful pictures.  I have been having trouble with the site letting my upload pics. Will try on this trip, keeping fingers crossed.  So beautiful.  I am printing off sites I want to see along the way.  I have the RV pretty well done.  Last bits of clothes and the food.  Doesn't take me long as I have it packed with duplicates.  So it's only the perishable foods.  I will have to make sure I have enough jackets.  We also don't pack many clothes, we have washer/dryer on board.  That lightens the load a lot!! I will start my journal with the pictures of the RV as I pack it!! 

Michelle B

Page 2 of 7 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use