Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 191
Points 2,840
Barbara from California Posted: Fri, May 2 2014 2:35 PM

Hello!  I'm a new member from California.  It's been about 6 or 7 years now since I started quilting.  Due to family obligations I haven't done a lot of quilting in the last few years , but I am anxious to get started again.  I've taken several quilting classes and learned a lot but need and want to learn more.  Hopefully all of the information, pictures, etc. on this website will get me motivated!! 

Barbara

Barbara

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Fri, May 2 2014 4:10 PM

hi Barbara, welcome to the gourp

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Fri, May 2 2014 4:31 PM

HI Barbara! Welcome to the group.  What part of CA are you from?  I am in southern Ca in Big Bear.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 745
Points 11,835

Welcome Barbara, your going to love this website.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 191
Points 2,840

Thanks!  I'm in Central California...just south of Fresno.  I can't wait to start quilting again!

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Fri, May 2 2014 6:31 PM

Hi and welcome Barbara!  Glad you joined us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Fri, May 2 2014 8:04 PM

My niece is in Hanford.  Occasionally we get up there.  Maybe we will bump into each other.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,073
Points 16,460

Hi Barbara, welcome.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 191
Points 2,840

Hi there!   Well Flo, I actually grew up in Hanford so now I'm wondering if I know your niece!!   Unfortunately, there isn't a quilt shop in Hanford now but if you happen to stop at the one in Visalia I might run into you there.

If anyone has any tips as to what I should check out first on this website, please let me know!!  Thanks!

Barbara

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 690
Points 13,395

Welcome, Barbara!  Check out the Groups. There are sure to be a few you'll want to join. And make sure you post photos of your quilts!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 252
Points 3,275

Welcome,

I am not in California but I am a Barbara.  You will certainly find lots of encouragement and inspiration here.  Check out the Gallery.  This is where we all post our projects.  WOW what beauty you find there!  Look forward to seeing pics from you.

Barbara

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850

Hello and welcome!! I live in Modesto, Ca. I love the Quilt shop in Fresno! I try to go there every few months or so.  For sure check out our groups page  also the fabric swaps . It will help you get involved if you want to. The message boards are very helpful, also they will help you build friendships. Everyone is very friendly if ever you have questions about anything, this is the right place!  Just jump in and start posting on a discussion you like!  Hope to see you a lot here,  join in so much fun!! 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Sat, May 3 2014 9:43 AM

My  noiece's name is Jennifer Hauck Ward.  She is a school teacher there.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 85

*Smile*  It looks like I used to be a member here back in 2009. I just re-connected to this site. I from South California.  I Love to quilt, but still consider myself an Intermediate-beginner . :)

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 85

*Smile* I live South of you and my hands are also itching to be stitchen again. 

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use