Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,162
Points 129,490
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Thu, May 1 2014 9:10 AM

NancyMN posted this on another forum and I thought I'd share it. 

Nationwide Shop Hop

Although I doubt if I'll be able to get around to enough shops in our state, it might be fun trying. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, May 1 2014 9:19 AM

Just checked, Nevada does not seem to be participating, not that I can get out of the house to visit more than my LQS anyway.

Today, I have to take the truck in to have a wheel alignment and tire rotation.  DH is starting early to prepare for the Montana Retreat.  I get to take it because I handle all the money,sometimes not too wisely I fear, but I do it anyway.  He is dyslexic so he doesn't get the checkbook, LOL.

DH will be babysitting during the time I am gone.  We'll see how that goes.  He does babysit when I take the boys to TaeKwonDo in the afternoon, so he should be fine.  I fed her and got her ready for her morning nap.  I'm sure he'll enjoy the morning more than the afternoon babysitting, as she is so sweet and happy in the morning, but get's crabby in the late afternoon.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 841
Points 16,650
Sue replied on Thu, May 1 2014 9:57 AM

Looks interesting Judy, but there are none on our route to Alaska this summer! Oh well, next time, maybe.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,162
Points 129,490

Sue:

Looks interesting Judy, but there are none on our route to Alaska this summer! Oh well, next time, maybe.

Always wanted to drive to Alaska. When we had an RV I was pushing for the trip but hubby is more timid (sensible??) than me so it never did happen. We did a cruise but I really really wanted to make the drive.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

WOW!! There is actually a shop within 25 miles of me that is participating AND I didn't know about!!  I'll have to see what's in north east Kentucky and north west WV. Thanks for the link/info.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 942
Points 15,895

Wow this is too cool.  Hope I can go.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,318
Points 373,122
Kris replied on Thu, May 1 2014 5:07 PM

Two of the Maine shops are local to me and many of the others are shops I actually know.

The Maine state shop hop ended yesterday.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 841
Points 16,650
Sue replied on Fri, May 2 2014 8:48 AM

Well Judy, IF we ever get out of here, it will be a great trip, I hope.  We broke down 125 miles from home and have been stuck in a campground with the truck in the garage ever since Tuesday afternoon.  The mechanics promised we would have the truck back by this afternoon, Friday.  We were supposed to be in Kansas by this evening to visit my cousin before she moves back to Calif!  We may get there by Sat.

I'd looked up some quilt shops that are sort of on our route to visit, won't get to the ones in North Texas now, or the ones around my cousin's house.  Oh well, another trip is in the making! LOL!

I'd like to do the cruise too, maybe in a few years.  Hubby is reaching that stage where everything is hard for him to do, he is 10 years older than me after all!

Did you hear the one about a mother that sent her son a text with some bad news and ended it with LOL.  Son texted back what's with the LOL.  Mom said she wanted to send son "Lots of Love". So LOL whatever way you want to read it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 712
Points 13,485

Sue,

Are you driving the whole way to Alaska?  We are also leaving in a few weeks and driving to Alaska, per the Alcan (?sp) highway.  We are going in an RV for the summer! yeah!!  leaving the Texas heat for a summer, what a break.  Sounds like you are having some trouble in the process.  How long are you staying for? What are you planning on doing there?  

Having a lot of trouble getting on the QCA site most of the time.  I can only get on now when I'm on the laptop, the iPhone won't let me know no matter what i try.  So I can read emails that people send, but have just given up on replying and posting any pictures of my quilting lately.  Have worked on several quilts and getting a lot done before the trip, cutting out several quilts to take with us to work on. 

Have a safe trip. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 841
Points 16,650
Sue replied on Fri, May 2 2014 9:23 PM

HI MIchelle,

Yes we are driving and towing our 24' tag trailer.  I/we need to start a new thread about our trips.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use