50th Birthday

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 1,420

I had a great get together 5 years ago with friends at a local Mexican restaurant and we partied until 10 p.m. when they closed! Had a blast and enjoyed being with friends on my birthday!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 296
Points 26,470

Belated Happy Birthday wishes for the May Day girls.

I decided to take control on my day when I turned 30 and again when I turned 50.  I planned parties for both milestone birthdays and acted as hostess for them.

For my 50th, I hosted a Pampered Chef party, invited all my friends and family to come join me with no gifts.  My hope was to get together with the people who mean the most to me.  The Pampered Chef consultant asked for my wish list and then cut the items out of a catalog and made a "bouquet" of my wishes.  She glued the pictures to bamboo skewers and arranged in a vase. 

People were able to purchase items from my wish list if desired.  Between the items people purchased for me and the sales credit I earned, I was able to get all the items on my wish list and we made a wonderful cake which we then ate for dessert.

I recently read something which has changed my prospective on aging:  "Don't complain about getting older, some people don't get the option"

Your age is only a number.  You are as young as you feel.

Happy quilting!!

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Mon, May 12 2014 7:22 AM

Darlene :

"Don't complain about getting older, some people don't get the option"

Darlene that is so very true!

Wishing all the May Birthday Gals a very happy one!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Or as George Burns put it:  "You are only as young as the women you feel".  That man was a hoot. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Wed, May 14 2014 9:12 PM

Happy belated birthday Zoetec.

for my 50th, I took a week off work and spend that time with my family. My dad turned 93 two days before I turned50. I hadn't been with my brothers and sisters for my birthday in the last 30 years as my birthday is December 15 and I live 2000km + away. It was so wonderful. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Wed, May 14 2014 9:18 PM

Darlene :

I recently read something which has changed my prospective on aging:  "Don't complain about getting older, some people don't get the option"

Happy quilting!!

darlene I love your philosophy. I always thought getting older was good because the alternative is not that great.  And I agree age is simply a number, nothing to feel bad about. It should be celebrated. From what I see here , most of us live their life to the fullest. We do the best we can with what we have. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,480
Points 24,685
Debbie replied on Thu, May 15 2014 8:41 AM

Darlene :

Darlene, how very true.  what I tell people is " I've lived this long, I deserve to be this old!"  and you are so right, if you're not your age, you would be dead. While I do want to be with Jesus, just not today!  still have alot to see and do plus 7 grandchildren to get married and give me great grandchildren, but that's 5-6 years away, at least.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use