Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 797
Points 15,925
Sue replied on Fri, May 2 2014 8:52 AM

Lesley:
Now that is scary as in my head Im only 21 it's my body that's aging not me!!

Oh Lesley, that is too funny!  DH says it isn't funny, but then he's 74+ and feeling every day of those years.!

Thanks for the great laugh this am.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 253
Points 4,200

"Their faces were a picture as was my ex husband when I told him I was fed up with his name so I had changed it that afternoon!"

Lesley,  This is so funny... I laughed so hard! Thanks for posting it! kathy

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 14,400
Dawn replied on Fri, May 2 2014 11:01 AM

Since for me turning 30 was awful, turning 50 wasn't a big deal.  Had a big party w/friends and family and bought a very nice dress and had a great time!!!  Around 75 people!  Was quite a blast!  Celebrate that you GET to celebrate!  WoooooooooHooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 587
Points 10,160
zoetc49 replied on Fri, May 2 2014 11:06 AM

How neat !!!  i sure wish I would meet the man of my dreams, but you just gave me hope. What a great memory. Now start planning a wonderful memory for your 60th and 10 year anniversary. maybe take a river cruise, go to Canada, just make it a happy memory!! 

Lesley:

Day late but belated Birthday wishes.

What did I do for my 50th ? I got married!

Day before actually, we had organised a party for my birthday and I suggested we used it as a wedding reception too. We had family and close friends to wedding and then other friends to party. The evening guests thought they were coming to my birthday party. We had kept it a secret! Their faces were a picture as was my ex husband when I told him I was fed up with his name so I had changed it that afternoon!

81/2 years ago now Oh heck means that end of next year I'll be 60!! Now that is scary as in my head Im only 21 it's my body that's aging not me!!

xx

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 587
Points 10,160
zoetc49 replied on Fri, May 2 2014 11:10 AM

Dawn you said it right. I tell others don't get old, but it beats the alternative. I lost my dad when he was 56 and my older brother at 53. So I might not like it , I am more scared of what the end of life means. I hope it's what we think it is, but who knows. So as the country song suggests, live life like you were dying...

Now, to cover up my gray, get a facelift, lipo, lol

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,021
Points 15,585

zoetc49 Happy belated birthday, so glad to hear it was a good one.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Fri, May 2 2014 1:27 PM

Happy belated Birthday. I'm glad you got to do what you wanted, that always makes it better. I don't know what I did for 50th, or 60th for that matter! I do remember what I did for 66 - went to dinner at Red Lobster with older son and his wife. I only hope I can get to 70 & 80. I want to annoy my family by living as long as I can!

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Fri, May 2 2014 1:34 PM

Lesley:

. . . Im only 21 it's my body that's aging not me!!

I know what you mean, Lesley.

I still see myself as 18 and 66 is a real shocker! Although I wouldn't want to be 18 again if I could. Too much bad stuff happening that I wouldn't want to go through again, but I'd like to be physically as healthy as I was at 18!

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Fri, May 2 2014 3:30 PM

zoetc49, I'm 76 and I can't remember what I had for breakfast!  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Fri, May 2 2014 3:34 PM

OOPS!  Forgot to wish you a "Happy Birthday" youngster!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 587
Points 10,160
zoetc49 replied on Fri, May 2 2014 4:42 PM

Thank you everyone, you all are great and funny !!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 211
Points 2,780
Flo replied on Fri, May 2 2014 4:43 PM

HI !  I saw my 50th birthday several years ago.  My birthday is at Thanksgiving so things are usually so chaotic that when my 50th came around I didn't notice it until I got a card from my dad.  Bless his heart, he sent me just enough money to help me get my new sewing machine I was in desperate need for.  Don't worry,  stay happy, and KEEP QUILTING.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Happy Birthday a day late. I always think of the alternative also as I had a heart attack on my 40th and broke my leg on my 50th. I also had major surgery on my 30th. I can't wait to see what happens on my 60th a year from now. Just relax and enjoy the wisdom and knowledge you've learned over the last 50 years. Again, happy birthday.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 206
Points 3,230

Zoe,

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!

50 is just a number.  I turned 71 this February and I'm still a kid on the inside.  My vision isn't good enough to see any wrinkles.   I don't have gray hair, mine is silver.

There are worse things than getting older. Passing away young isn't all that good either.  Why don't you make yourself happy?  Spend the inheritance on something you always wanted to have or do?  Throw away the mirror?  What ever works.  And be happy that you live in the USA and not in North Korea!

Marianne

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345

Zoe, I missed your birthday and wanted to send a shout out for a Happy Birthday, however late!  I am loving my 50's, on the other side of them, closing in to 60s.  I had a surprise party from husband and friends, close to 50 there to celebrate.  Was very surprised.  They all came in tyedye, hats, clothes, etc.  Even the dog was dressed in tye dye.  Did I say that I hated tye dye when i was young and that hasn't changed!!  it was hilarious, as they made me put on a tye dye shirt also. Yeah for the 50's!! Happy Birthday!! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use