50th Birthday

Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 623
Points 10,745
zoetc49 Posted: Thu, May 1 2014 8:48 AM

Today is my 50th year to be alive. I have dreaded this for the last year ( I guess I wasted some time), still does not seem possible. I don't feel any different, only a few more gray hairs and a few more wrinkles. I made gluten free cake today, it was rather good. Going out with a friend to do indoor sky diving, oh, did I tell you that you sign your life away should you( I) die...great !! Family getting inheritance might be happy??  What did you do for your 50th?  

• | Post Points: 200
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Thu, May 1 2014 9:21 AM

zoetc49:
What did you do for your 50th?  

Gee, that was so long ago that I really don't remember, but since my birthday is Christmas Eve, probably nothing special birthday wise.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 802
Points 16,040
Sue replied on Thu, May 1 2014 9:45 AM

I agree with Karla, that was a long time ago!  If I've done the math correctly (not likely!) DH and I were at Rainbow's End in Livingston Texas.  He was going to Dialysis 3 times a week, waiting for a kidney transplant, and I was going slowly mad/having a mental breakdown.  We had been traveling full time in our RV for just over 10 years when this hit us.  Joining the local quilt guild helped me, but I was missing my family, they all lived in Calif then, and close friends from Quartzsite AZ where we would have been spending the winter months, my birthday is Valentines day.  But I survived that, DH got his transplant in Oct 1999 and today, I mean right now, we are on our way to Alaska!  At least we will be when we get the truck back!  125 miles from home it quit, like someone just turned the key off.  Turns out to be the high pressure oil pump (diesel engine).  Hopefully the guys at the garage will get it back together this afternoon.  Been stuck here 2 days so far.

In the meantime, Zoetec49 I sure hope you have a very happy birthday and many more to follow!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Hi zoetc49! Happy Birthday to you, AND to me! I don't run across other May Day birthday gals very often!! I'm amazed that I'm said to be 67 today. I would love to return to my 50's... those were some really great and fun years! I'm still very young, still have more brown than grey hair, and still having a lot of fun, but the numbers sure creep up on you unexpectedly. I feel more "50" than what the calendar insists I am! haha. I'm spending my birthday in a paper-piecing class at my LQS. It's a perfect way to spend the day. Have a great day!  :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 803
Points 12,985

Happy Birthday.  Next year I will turn 50 and I'm like you I don't feel any different.  No dying aloud.  Have a fun time.  Enjoy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Happy Birthday Zoetc! Today is my DIL's 23rd birthday too.  I'll be 44 on June 1 and if God willing I reach my 50th, I will have a big party.  No sky diving but dressing up, a good band and some wine will surely be involved! :D

Have a great day!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 468
Points 9,130
Pat A replied on Thu, May 1 2014 5:33 PM

Happy Birthday Zoetc.  I do remember my 50th birthday because my mother gave me a birthday party. It was the 1st B-Day party I had ever had.  My brothers and nieces/nephews all came, gave me outlandishly rude and crude cards (very funny) had a wonderful dinner and my Mom baked me a cake.  It was great fun. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,883
Points 367,027
Kris replied on Thu, May 1 2014 5:45 PM

Happy Birthday Zoe. I'm still in my 30s but hope to make it to 50 and beyond.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Thu, May 1 2014 7:38 PM

Happy birthday

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Happy Birthday.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 717
Points 14,070

I don't remember what I did for number 50 either. I can't even remember number 61 and that was only a few months ago!  I hope you had a wonderful day! You and I will celebrate when you come to visit.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 623
Points 10,745
zoetc49 replied on Thu, May 1 2014 9:06 PM

Thank you everyone.  I did enjoy the day. I did do as I had planned and did this. http://www.iflyworld.com/

It was the one thing that I wanted to do from a real plane, but think this was safer. I ate a lot of chocolate and ate some pizza and a little wine with a friend. It was nice. 

Thank you for the kind wishes : )

I also did one more thing, I said good bye to some past relationships that were not healthy for me to continue. It was a hard choice but a healthy one.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Thu, May 1 2014 10:08 PM

Happy Birthday, zoetc49 and SpringerMom. I hope your day was a happy one.

On my 50th, my DH of three years hosted a surprise party for me only to learn I hate surprises like that. It really was quite memorable. On my 60th we took a "Quilt Shop Hop Trip" to some of the stores in Florida. I had a blast. His 50th, we went to Scotland to watch THE OPEN. He loves golf. That one was memorable but rainey and cold. He may still owe me on that one! LOL!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Fri, May 2 2014 7:27 AM

Glad you had a good birthday. I didn't do anything special for mine. It was 8 years ago and I don't remember either. I hope you enjoy many more!

Sherry

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, May 2 2014 8:44 AM

Day late but belated Birthday wishes.

What did I do for my 50th ? I got married!

Day before actually, we had organised a party for my birthday and I suggested we used it as a wedding reception too. We had family and close friends to wedding and then other friends to party. The evening guests thought they were coming to my birthday party. We had kept it a secret! Their faces were a picture as was my ex husband when I told him I was fed up with his name so I had changed it that afternoon!

81/2 years ago now Oh heck means that end of next year I'll be 60!! Now that is scary as in my head Im only 21 it's my body that's aging not me!!

xx

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use