Chalk board fabric

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 681
Points 17,090

What new group?    -- Never mind, I found it.  Wow have I missed a lot this past month!

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Did you find the new group sorry I didn't see your post yesterday. Just go to groups like when you first signed up for any of them and you will find it. It is about tips and info for quilters. Roxana started it great idea.

Kerry G

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Sorry I should have checked the member list first. Glad you found it.

Kerry G

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Place mats and message board are both great ideas!  Great job Roxana!  Is the chalk board fabric easily found (at Joann?) or is it online somewhere and can laminate fabric be used for the back?  Going to check out the group and probably have my questions answered..LOL 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

I found "blackboard fabric" at Joann Fabric today. It is on sale for $3.99 a yard. It shows not available online but when I located in store option most stores were showing at least 12 yards.  Can't wait to use it!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Thu, May 1 2014 10:57 PM

You can back it with anything you want. It just depends on how you want to use it. I bought my chalkboard fabric at JoAnn's and it's worked well for my projects. Remember we want to see finished projects!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Roxana- here is my test mat and I LOVE IT!  Will be making 2 more so if she is with her parents, my in-laws or me there will be a place mat!  

When I was at Joann I picked up a remnant of vinyl and used it for the back and the front pocket.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Fri, May 2 2014 2:59 PM

Erin, it looks great! .... I like your idea of making a note for the refrigerator or the back door too.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use